October 1, 2014 | 920 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #209 Eye liner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by gboneske

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have found my HG eyeliner brush. I bought this in the 2008 Carmine red S/E holiday set, but I will be buying the full sized brush eventually. This puts on not only fluidline, but also my mineral eyeliners without pause or making the lines look like my makeup was done by a 2 year old. I am very very happy with this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 6:23:00 AM More reviews by warfreakbaby

so far, the best eye liner brush! i tried 266, 208 and bb fine liner brush but they all failed. i just started using gel liner 2 weeks ago and i can say that im not that good in putting it so i need a very nice brush that can help me. this is the best. pricey but worth the money. if you're searching for liner brush, dont ask MA or SA or friends. you must try out different brushes because it really depends on how you apply it. the MA suggested 208 but i am not comfortable using and holding it so i always end up with funny lines on my eyes. but with 209, it seems like ive been lining my eyes for years. very nice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 10:29:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Despite years of practice and trying out many different brushes, I still occasionally have trouble getting a perfectly straight line when using gel liner. This brush has helped tremendously! (I got it on a whim during MAC's Friends and Family sale.) Stila's No. 4 brush is great but produces a somewhat thick line, and Bobbi Brown's Ultra-Fine liner brush gives a nice thin line but doesn't provide the control of the 209 so I usually end up with a slightly crooked line. The bristles on the 209 are slightly thicker than the Bobbi Brown brush and are shaped into a point, so the effect is much smoother. Plus the point shape allows you to make a thin line close to the inner corners of the lid and a thick one towards the outer corners, so it's a snap doing a sexy cat's eye look. Even if you already own several liner brushes (like I do!), this is definitely worth checking out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I used to use another angled brush with Fluidline from MAC. That created such a messy and thick line. That is why I started hating Fluidline. When I bought this, I was not happy with the price but I love the effect. It created a line that was totally workable. You could go thin or thick with this brush unlike the angled one. I always use a pencil liner to draft and then the Fluidline to finalize. This way, I remain mistake proof. Some people are pros in doing liquid liners but I suck at it and this brush is a huge help-

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great for applying fluidlines/gel liners - if you use them, then you need this brush! It never drags my skin & feels very soft on my waterline & lashline. Picks up a good amount of product too, so I don't need to keep dipping my brush into the pots every 5 seconds. A little pricey - 12 - but I'm willing to pay the price if the brush lasts me a lifetime. I've never had any shedding or anything like that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 8:20:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

This is a fabulous brush to get that thin, "liquid eyeliner" look with fluidline. It is thin, flexible, and precise - I never have to feel like I am tugging on my eye with this one, and it lets me make that little "flick" for winged eyeliner with ease. I don't use this everyday, but when I do want to get that liquid eyeliner look (without the liquid eyeliner hassle), this is the brush to use. Worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2008 11:46:00 AM More reviews by spoopty

It's a great brush! I can apply eyeliner a lot better with this beauty!

I use Stila's smudgepot with this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 6:07:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why every MAC SA I have asked has steered me away from this brush and towards #266 for applying Fluidline. I've tried and tried to make 266 work for months, thinking I'd get better with practice, but all I achieve is a thick line and can't get it smooth and precise. When I use the 266, I almost always need to gently smudge the line to smooth out the crease marks and I can never create a neat wing due to lack of sufficient control thanks to the angle of the brush. So, despite persistent discouragement from the MACettes, I've purchased #209 and it was love at first sweep. I get a precise, neat line and can easily create a perfect wing with this brush. With it, I can create a super fine line very close to the lash or a thicker one. It is also superb for the waterline.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by meggisha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect for my fluidline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is absolutely THE brush to use with Fluidlines! I used to use my 266 angled brush, but found that I couldn't get a good tightline with it. Fortunately I have MUA to guide me, so eventually I discovered the 209 brush.

This brush makes it really easy to tightline. Since the point makes a V shape, you can either use just the tip (for a fine line) or apply a little pressure to make a thicker line (maybe 2 mm or so). If I want to go with a thicker line (rarely), I can use my 266.

My 209 has survived many washings without shedding or breaking any hairs, which is saying a lot, because I am rough with my brushes. I've added a second 209 to my collection and would recommend that anyone who uses gel eyeliner to at least try it.