By Terry Baume de Rose

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Avobenzone (3%) Inactive Ingredients: castor seed oil, synthetic wax, diisostearyl malate tridecyl trimellitate, methyl hydrogenated rosinate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyethylene, C10-30 cholesterol/lanesterol esters, petrolatum, shea butter extract, stearalkonium hectorite, C20-40 acid, caprilic/capric triglyceride, fragrance, tocopherol, rosa centifolia flower wax, rosa damascena flower wax, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, lanolin, sodium pca, water, polysorbate 85, trihydroxypalmitamidohydroxypropyl myristyl ether, alumina, polyhydroxystearic acid, silica, methylparaben, silica dimethyl silylate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, butylene glycol, mica, titanium dioxide, carmine, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben

on 9/11/2009 9:19:00 PM

At $100 AUD a pop it is prob one of the most expensive lip balms I have ever purchased. But it's worth it! The rose smell is lovely, the texture not sticky at all, the beautiful sheer white pink glow on the lips is priceless.. and the fact that it makes my lips a bit more plump makes this the best $100 dollar spent! II no longer have dry chapped lips (gross). I know it's a waste of money when I can find equally good balms for a lot less, but I just can't describe the wonderful feeling I get when I apply it.
I think it's a little luxury you can take and apply anything time of the day! I'll def be repurchasing this when I am done with this pot.

on 6/19/2009 1:53:00 AM

Love it. I have been through la mer, all drugstore brands, clarins, mac, laura mercier, chanel and the list goes on...I find that I don't need to reapply this often and the effect on the lips is lovely. It has an iridescent glow to it, makes lips look healthy and pouty. It is expensive however I think it will last a while. Very happy! Oh and it's not thick and gloopy either, or waxy.

on 6/9/2009 10:07:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have only been using this a few days and now i know why this is so hard to find. Forget what I said about every lip balm before.This baume is incredibly decadent. Glides on smoothly,no sticky mess and adds a subtle pink tone to lips.As with other reviews I feel my lips are enhanced. Totally hydrating/ nuturing and the rose scent is so true-reminds me of the glorious day in June when roses first bloom. Elegant glass jar that holds a signicant amount. yet small enough to carry in your purse.This is pricey but will last a while.As with most By Terry products it is fabulous.

on 6/9/2009 4:13:00 PM

What happened? The first time I bought this... it was pure magic. It moisturized my lips for hours, didn't stick to my hair, smelled like roses and (ACK!) cost an arm and a stupid leg for a LIP GLOSS?!

Needless to say, I wanted more. The product is still great, but the color is a bit different. The applicator is a little less fluffy and less accurate and the tube leaks?! WTF? I pay $60+ and it leaks?! Not sure I'll be buying this again. It's too much money, though I do like it... My new fave is the Sugar Lip gloss by Fresh, because I doesn't stick to your hair.

on 4/27/2009 11:50:00 AM

I got this in the pot form. This will be my HG lipbalm forever. Seriously. It's a light hint of rose which I love. It was recommended that I only use this before bedtime. And I have. I've gotten beautiful lips overnight. Best of all. If I usethis under a lip pencil and gloss it keeps it hydrated ALL day. Sure it's expensive. $70ish CAD. But I would pay for anything that works like this. I'm 19 this year and I have small wrinkles on my lips and they're all gone now. Love this product. Love. Love.

Edit: I use this as a eye cream. It has done wonders and literally minimized my very fine wrinkles. They're gone now. This is even MORE worth it for me becauses it doesn't cause milia for me. HG eye cream! :D YAyyyyy!

on 4/20/2009 11:40:00 AM

I bought this lip balm because it had such a beautiful smell and consistency. It does feel like silk on your lips. However, my lips were chapped dry after a few hours. As much as I wanted to like it, it was a big disappointment for the price I paid for it.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Like spreading floral butter on your lips - delicious.

on 3/5/2009 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This lippie balm is not overrated. It really does live up to its claim. Yes its atrociously expensive for a lipbalm when you can just run to your drugstore to get a carmex or nivea but this one beats elizabeth arden's lipbalm hands down. I use it only sometimes because its so luxurious! The rose scent is lovely and it leaves lips with a beautiful pinky sheen. HG lip balm!

on 1/14/2009 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hmm not sure about this one! After re3ading reviews on here I realise when I bought the tube (lipgloss style) version its actually isn't the same as the product in the glass pot and maybe why I was disappointed. To me this was just an expensive lipgloss. Ive used half of it and got board and now its headed to the makeup draw of maybe ill use it again! I think I would have been wiser to (have joined this site earleir!!) have bought the pot version. Am using la mer at the moment and love it so am sticking with that for now. Overall this product was ok not worth the price tag tho. If i was going to try this again ill go for the pot version more of a balm than a gloss!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

At first I felt like a gluttonous pig and wondered why I ever needed to buy a $50.00 lip balm. I was very critical and didn't like the taste of perfume that seemed to overpower my lips. But... after using this lip balm for a couple of weeks I can't get enough of it! The smooth elegant texture and subtle dewy glow is to die for. My once chapped lips are healed and everything smells like roses! The perfume taste doesn't bother me as much. I guess I have developed an aquired taste. I feel spoiled rotten and can't wait for the next application.

Popular Lip Treatments