By Terry Baume de Rose

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Avobenzone (3%) Inactive Ingredients: castor seed oil, synthetic wax, diisostearyl malate tridecyl trimellitate, methyl hydrogenated rosinate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyethylene, C10-30 cholesterol/lanesterol esters, petrolatum, shea butter extract, stearalkonium hectorite, C20-40 acid, caprilic/capric triglyceride, fragrance, tocopherol, rosa centifolia flower wax, rosa damascena flower wax, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, lanolin, sodium pca, water, polysorbate 85, trihydroxypalmitamidohydroxypropyl myristyl ether, alumina, polyhydroxystearic acid, silica, methylparaben, silica dimethyl silylate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, butylene glycol, mica, titanium dioxide, carmine, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben

on 4/27/2009 11:50:00 AM

I got this in the pot form. This will be my HG lipbalm forever. Seriously. It's a light hint of rose which I love. It was recommended that I only use this before bedtime. And I have. I've gotten beautiful lips overnight. Best of all. If I usethis under a lip pencil and gloss it keeps it hydrated ALL day. Sure it's expensive. $70ish CAD. But I would pay for anything that works like this. I'm 19 this year and I have small wrinkles on my lips and they're all gone now. Love this product. Love. Love.

Edit: I use this as a eye cream. It has done wonders and literally minimized my very fine wrinkles. They're gone now. This is even MORE worth it for me becauses it doesn't cause milia for me. HG eye cream! :D YAyyyyy!

on 4/20/2009 11:40:00 AM

I bought this lip balm because it had such a beautiful smell and consistency. It does feel like silk on your lips. However, my lips were chapped dry after a few hours. As much as I wanted to like it, it was a big disappointment for the price I paid for it.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Like spreading floral butter on your lips - delicious.

on 3/5/2009 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This lippie balm is not overrated. It really does live up to its claim. Yes its atrociously expensive for a lipbalm when you can just run to your drugstore to get a carmex or nivea but this one beats elizabeth arden's lipbalm hands down. I use it only sometimes because its so luxurious! The rose scent is lovely and it leaves lips with a beautiful pinky sheen. HG lip balm!

on 1/14/2009 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hmm not sure about this one! After re3ading reviews on here I realise when I bought the tube (lipgloss style) version its actually isn't the same as the product in the glass pot and maybe why I was disappointed. To me this was just an expensive lipgloss. Ive used half of it and got board and now its headed to the makeup draw of maybe ill use it again! I think I would have been wiser to (have joined this site earleir!!) have bought the pot version. Am using la mer at the moment and love it so am sticking with that for now. Overall this product was ok not worth the price tag tho. If i was going to try this again ill go for the pot version more of a balm than a gloss!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

At first I felt like a gluttonous pig and wondered why I ever needed to buy a $50.00 lip balm. I was very critical and didn't like the taste of perfume that seemed to overpower my lips. But... after using this lip balm for a couple of weeks I can't get enough of it! The smooth elegant texture and subtle dewy glow is to die for. My once chapped lips are healed and everything smells like roses! The perfume taste doesn't bother me as much. I guess I have developed an aquired taste. I feel spoiled rotten and can't wait for the next application.

on 10/27/2008 11:31:00 PM

I'm on the fence about this product. I purchased the baume in the tube not the pot and the top completely came off (i mean it literally came unglued!) and now half is all over the bottom of my purse. besides that mess, i'm not so sure about the fragrance and taste of this stuff. It is slightly offensive and makes me feel like i'm eating toxic makeup. Having said that, however, i really love the way it looks on my lips. i'll keep it and use what's left for that reason alone. i would probably not purchase this again.

on 9/22/2008 11:33:00 AM

This is one of those few skincare products I have repurchased. Not only does this perform brilliantly as a moisturizing lip treatment (with spf, too!) it is a pleasure to use. The balm comes in a substantial glass jar, and is more of a creamy balm than a sticky or goopy balm. The scent is delicious - light rose petals, and does dissipate after application. Despite the high price tag, I will continue to repurchase this because nothing works as well to make my lips soft and plump. It goes on without any high shine/glassy effect. If I put this on at night, my lips are always smooth and moist in the morning. This balm (despite being basically colorless/light pink) also has a curious color enhancing effect on my lips - after it has sunk in, particularly overnight, my lips always have a lovely soft pink color to them. One caution, if you think the wand form is the same product, but with a handy wand, please know it is not. The wand form of this product is much more liquidy, has subtle shimmers, goes on with a much shinier effect, and doesn't perform nearly as well.

Beware of skin allergies. This was well-reviewed in magazines and online, so I bought without sampling and was eager to try the By Terry line. At first, it had a nice scent but a heavy feel and did not impart any tint. A day later, after reapplying it a few times, my lip color was slightly uneven. The next day, my lips started to crack. I stopped using it and applied some Aquaphor, and the next day everything was fine. I can't imagine what the offending ingredient was (perhaps Lanolin). Barneys accepted the return begrudgingly, saying noone else had complained. You'd think they would want the feedback?

on 8/16/2008 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

They say Baume de Rose is for double use: lips and nails. I would NEVER use this on my nails. What a waste! Itís too precious of a balm to use anywhere but my lips! It is creamy, non-sticky, humectant and soft and has the yummiest, delicate rose fragrance. Itís got SPF15 and is made in France. I also have the baume de rose in the same packaging as the Laque de Rose. Itís not a balm, so itís not the same. I also have the MultiCare Lip Gloss in Crystal Rose and the Laque de Rose in sinful rose. The balm in the frosted glass jar is by FAR my favorite of all 4. Is it SUPER expensive? You bet? Do I covet it? Um, yeah! Would I recommend it? In a heartbeat.

Popular Lip Treatments