August 20, 2014 | 1905 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by laydebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far this product hasn't cleared up all my acne but it does do a great job at just cleaning my face overall, so the acne is reduced. I tried the equate generic brand as well and I have to say I would stick to the St. Ives because the equate one broke my face out severely. Also I love this price, I can't remember exactly how much I paid but I know I had gotten a good price for a jar that has lasted me a long time. It's kind of rough so I wouldn't recommend this product for someone with very sensitive skin but anyone else who wants something to exfoliate then this product may be great for you. Also if you have dry skin I would stick to maybe one application once a week for exfoliating purposes only because it can be a bit drying.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by SkinMasquerade

There were so many great reviews on this product and I was really looking forward to using it, but I personally didn't like it. it is very abrasive/rough, and there are some pieces that were sharps and I got a couple of scratches and I wasn't even rubbing my face with hard pressure. instead of clearing my blemishes9i do not have a lot of) it worsen them and gave me more blemishes. The scrub didn't improve my blackheads. The scent is strong and doesn't smell like apricots and can be nauseating. I think the perfume it what contributed to my blemishes. for how much product you get the product is dirt-cheap, and I guess I got what I paid for. This product just wasn't for me and I wouldn't recommend it to people with sensitive skin

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by woaifobs

I have a couple tubes of this lying around. Everybody in my family loves it for it's smell and how it leaves your face smooth, supple, exfoliated, and soft. It's a joy to wash your face in the morning and before bed. Just to be clear - it smells amazing and the smell lingers for just a perfect amount of time.

As for anti-acne and blackhead removing... it doesn't have the the strength that concentrated treatments have, so don't expect this $4 tube of facial cleanser to work miracles if you have severe acne and blackhead/pore problems.

I will continue to repurchase for the rest of my life. As for packaging, the soft tube is very soft and nice. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by srao92

I personally have not experienced any of the anti-acne claims of this product. It works well as an exfoliator though so I'm going to stick to using the regular version instead.

Removed two lippies because of harshness of product (very abrasive beads) and no effect on acne besides general exfoliation properties.

It will make your skin more sensitive over time so I recommend not using it more than 3 times a week unless you are very oily. 5 times a week should be max for the few unfortunates with over productive sebaceous glands.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Puresimple1

This is amazing! Has been a HG product for years!! But one thing I have to warn everyone is DO NOT Use it with your clarisonic! The granules will get stuck and potentially break your device! Also not to scrub too hard since it's ground shells (it's possible to scratch your skin!) and make sure you purchase it in a tube! Much more hygienic :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Ttylxox

I used it before and it immediately cleared my acne. It also left my skin feeling soft and I got compliments on my complexion. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hey-ooooo!! Love this scrub; i cannot picture my life (read: face) without it! It does the job without breaking the bank! The scrub is rough but not too rough; the scent is pleasant; the slight salicylic acid is fab! I love this face (and body!) scrub sooo much. Try it & you will fall in love with your smooth, fresh face!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by goshelbyjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Duration- I have been using this scrub off and on for about 5 years. (My mom has used the fresh face one for a decade)

Price- $5 = no problem (Tip: Walmart brand "Equate Beauty" has the generic product for half the price. Trust me, it's exactly the same.)

Packaging- Absolutely no complaints

Smell- Just like apricots. Nice and fresh.

Formula- Definitely for exfoliating with the grittiness, but not too rough.

Intended Purpose- Once daily use to rid the face of dead skin and clogged pores.

Results- Fresh, soft feeling face with noticeably clean pores.

Other- It's oil and paraben free, which is a plus.

Conclusion- I can see myself repurchasing this forever. There's just nothing that comes close to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by ButterflySami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best scrub for the money! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by shengqix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The beads are very irregular, it feels harsh scrubbing it on my face, i feel like i'm just tearing my pores with the irregular edges of the natural apricot beads... but it does clean my skin very well without any harsh chemicals. it doesn't take away all the oil from my face, but it leaves my face feeling clean!