December 18, 2014 | 898 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by patEMPER

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, after using for a week on a daily basis, my blackheads are slightly reduced but its not obvious. I really like the scrubbing feeling when i'm applying it on my face. For a big tube, its quite cheap though. Price: $7.10 (U.P)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by SuckerForBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I swear by this stuff. Recently, I purchased a higher end face wash and actually wound up using this right after bc my face did not feel clean to me. Last August, I was breaking out HORRIBLY and purchased this. I swear it is what helped the most. I use it daily as my face wash (which my combo skin can handle). I feel that the scrub in it not only exfoliates but gives me a deeper clean as well. I find this product is proactive in reducing breakouts, meaning that by leaving your skin well cleansed and well exfoliated, you are much less likely to break out in the first place. I prefer this as opposed to treating existing spots with harsh acne products that dry out my skin. And at this price, what's not to love?

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by rayychell

I had a couple of tiny blackheads near the tip of my nose and on my chin, so I borrowed this from a friend in an effort to combat those little colored facial monsters. My friend said it didn't work on him, but perhaps the results could be different for me.I used it a few times now and honestly, not much has changed. The blackheads remain where they are, gloating I bet. The scrub did make my facial skin appear a little softer and cleaner, but it didn't do what it is marketed to do hence the three stars.
On a positive side note, it didn't really dry out my skin or cause any breakouts, so it isn't that much of a disappointment. I will continue to use it up as it is an okay scrub, but I will definitely not be buying (or borrowing haha) it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product so much! I recently purchased this again, after not using it for 6 months. I thought it wasn't doing any thing except exfoliating my skin after it got rid of all my blackheads, so I got rid of it. I went back to just exfoliating my skin with my 'H20 Dead Sea Exfoliating scrub',which is more gentle. HUGE mistake, my nose is filled with blackheads! I went back and purchased it again yesterday. I have missed it so much! I can already see my pores getting smaller and a few of my blackheads are already gone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by herfirstimpression

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is honestly my favorite face product and I do not live without it. I use it strictly for exfoliation purposes and it works like a gem! I see when I do not exfoliate with this I get very gross dry flaky patches. I will never go without this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Katylin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this scrub for years now, and I absolutely love it. I personally don't like scrubs that have the little gentle cleansing beads because I feel like my skin isn't cleaned properly. So when I found this scrub I was over the moon. It is quite abrasive (I'm guessing due to the crushed walnut powder) so in my opinion would be more suitable for people with less sensitive skin and who like the roughness, in saying that it is also rather drying but seeing as my skin is quite oily I've never had a problem with that so that is another thing to keep in mind. As far as acne clearing, it never fully cleared every spot I had but it definitely kept it under control and for the foreseeable future, I won't be changing anytime soon!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by laydebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far this product hasn't cleared up all my acne but it does do a great job at just cleaning my face overall, so the acne is reduced. I tried the equate generic brand as well and I have to say I would stick to the St. Ives because the equate one broke my face out severely. Also I love this price, I can't remember exactly how much I paid but I know I had gotten a good price for a jar that has lasted me a long time. It's kind of rough so I wouldn't recommend this product for someone with very sensitive skin but anyone else who wants something to exfoliate then this product may be great for you. Also if you have dry skin I would stick to maybe one application once a week for exfoliating purposes only because it can be a bit drying.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by SkinMasquerade

There were so many great reviews on this product and I was really looking forward to using it, but I personally didn't like it. it is very abrasive/rough, and there are some pieces that were sharps and I got a couple of scratches and I wasn't even rubbing my face with hard pressure. instead of clearing my blemishes9i do not have a lot of) it worsen them and gave me more blemishes. The scrub didn't improve my blackheads. The scent is strong and doesn't smell like apricots and can be nauseating. I think the perfume it what contributed to my blemishes. for how much product you get the product is dirt-cheap, and I guess I got what I paid for. This product just wasn't for me and I wouldn't recommend it to people with sensitive skin

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by woaifobs

I have a couple tubes of this lying around. Everybody in my family loves it for it's smell and how it leaves your face smooth, supple, exfoliated, and soft. It's a joy to wash your face in the morning and before bed. Just to be clear - it smells amazing and the smell lingers for just a perfect amount of time.

As for anti-acne and blackhead removing... it doesn't have the the strength that concentrated treatments have, so don't expect this $4 tube of facial cleanser to work miracles if you have severe acne and blackhead/pore problems.

I will continue to repurchase for the rest of my life. As for packaging, the soft tube is very soft and nice. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by srao92

I personally have not experienced any of the anti-acne claims of this product. It works well as an exfoliator though so I'm going to stick to using the regular version instead.

Removed two lippies because of harshness of product (very abrasive beads) and no effect on acne besides general exfoliation properties.

It will make your skin more sensitive over time so I recommend not using it more than 3 times a week unless you are very oily. 5 times a week should be max for the few unfortunates with over productive sebaceous glands.