Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder

3.7

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, PTFE, Lecithin, Methicone, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Zinc Oxide

I have always spent a lot of money on powder foundation because it's hard to find something that matches my skin tone and doesn't break me out. I bought this when I was short on cash and out of my Mac Studio Fix. I took a chance and I'm SO glad that I did. I love this product! It goes on smooth and matches my skin tone perfectly. I haven't had any trouble with breakouts and I've been using it for 4 weeks now. I've found that even on lazy nights, when I "forget" to wash my face, it doesn't leave my skin a mess in the morning. But that said, it's best to wash it off :) Overall, I love this and it's for sure my go to pressed powder until I marry my rich husband and can spend money like a mad woman in the most expensive makeup!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I had the old formula. Not much to say about this. It's a powder. The shade looked nice and natural. I didn't like the smell very much; it smells kind of like the soap you blow bubbles with or something. I got it in a package with the TruBlend foundation and I actually ended up using it by itself a lot. It's pretty average.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've got this in translucent light. While it goes on and covers well enough, it's not especially translucent. The compact is a little on the cheesey side; I opened it one day and the mirror fell out. I will probably not repurchase.

The translucent medium shade is a good match for my medium toned Asian skin. The powder goes on smoothly and doesn't cake or look obvious; it seems to do a good job of keeping my skin matte without making it look it I am wearing powder. It minimizes the appearance of my pores but not as much as I'd like, hence the 4 and not 5 lippies. Still, I'd repurchase this again, mostly because the color is a good match, it evens out my skin and keeps it matte without looking obvious, and it's cheap.

I buy this product, and keep buying it, because it's cheap and works fine. The stuff I really want is too expensive. This is kind of irritating, but it covers well and works well enough for me. I don't apply it with the sponge thing though, I apply it with a makeup brush.
Its not great but its not terrible.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this powder! The texture is almost creamy, and blends well. I've repurchased this twice, and both times it worked out great. Good coverage, I dust it over my foundation to set it, and then do a few touch-ups during the day. My advice for this, and all pressed powders, is to ditch the foam pad (because not only does it holds germs, but it deposits too much powder and makes the face looks chalky) and buy a fluffy powder brush. It works alot better.

this powder smelled funny, made my skin ghastly and oily won't repurchase

Wow. Wow wow wowzee wow. This is one incredible powder. It does EVERYTHING. It acts as a base and finisher for my eyeliner/shadow as well as my foundation so that they don't budge. It zaps shine without ever caking because of lotions or oils or whatever. It's super long-lasting and best of all, you can't tell I've got any on. I just use the puff thingy that comes with it to apply it. Oh! Also, it never makes you look too matte. I definitely recommend this product, and will be repurchasing the moment it runs out.
Edit: Well, it ran out and I bought it again (the new formula) and it's pretty much the same, except the colour goes on more heavily. So points off for that.

With a kabuki brush, this is the best pressed powder I've gotten out of a drugstore. It covers well, doesn't look too cakey, and (most importantly) doesn't give me breakouts. I like the color (I want a bit of color in my powder), love the coverage (with or without foundation), and love the feel of it (not heavy at all).

And I haven't had much luck with drugstore powders, including most Cover Girls -- they've usually made me break out, or made my skin feel heavy or itchy, or had too heavy a color for my tastes. I bought this one as an emergency replacement while travelling, was happily surprised, and have been repurchasing it ever since, especially if I find it on sale in a dollar store somewhere.

I hate the case; I even hate the new case just as much (the one with the littler mirror in it) -- they're just dog ugly. And I've had several of these compacts now where the product broke (2 out of the last 6 crumbled while travelling in my purse; one "chipped" significantly so it's relegated to my bathroom). They don't all break up, though -- one I've had for months now in my main purse and it's in perfect condition -- so I think it's a quality control problem more than a product problem.

I've been using this product for about two weeks now, and my basic opinion of it is, eh.
pros:
-very clean, never makes me break out, even with my sensitive skin
-great coverage
-cheap as beans
-the shade selection is unimpressive, but the undertones are pretty, no pinkishness or orangey fake tan hints.

cons:
-looks cakey, not good for using as a setting powder
-shade selection is sucky
-can be messy to apply
-the sponge thing it came with is basically useless. I just tossed it into that ever-growing pile of bad sponges/brushes to join its brethren.
-no icky fragrance

I'm not sure if I would repurchase. Still on the quest for the holy grail, but this is my favorite drugstore powder so far... so I guess I will, if it runs out before I find the Almighty Powder.

Recommended for Normal Skin