Origins Modern Friction

3.8

Aqueous infusion; rosa damascena (rose) flower; oryza sativa (rice) starch; sodium laureth sulfate; glycerin; cocamide mea; flycol disterate; acylates copolymer; pentylene flycol; polysorbate 20; essential oils (olea); citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot); citrus limon (lemon); cucumis sativus (cucumber); cinnamomum camphora (shiu); litsea cubeba; citrus aurantium (petitgrain); ocimum basilicum (basil); citral; linalool; benzyl salicylate; limonene and mentha piperita (peppermint), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice; scutellaria baicalensis; pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract; cucumis sativa (cucumber) fruit extract; textrahexyldecyl (vitamin C) ascorbate; butylene glycol; hexylene glycol; sodium cocate; caprylyl glycol; sodium sulfate; hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; sodium chloride; laureth-2; tetradibutyl pentaerithityl hydroxyhydrocinnamate; edta; disodium edta; trisodium hedta; methylchlorosothiazolinone; methylisothiazolinone; sodium benzoate; penoxyethanaol; titanium dioxide (ci 7789).

on 5/26/2011 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great scrub. Its Gentel yet effective.my skin feels wonderful after I use it. I use this twice a week. I do wish it smelled a little better like other origins products, the smell isn't that bad and not to strong so its bearable. Another great product from origins

on 5/25/2011 9:42:00 PM

I've never been a big fan of scrubs/aha's etc, but this product performs extremely well that it is proving to be an exception. It really does help to even out skin tone, and because I'm pale it's important to keep my skin looking fresh and even- every flaw shows up. I only used a sample of this once, but it was very gentle and nonabrasive yet extremely effective. I've just found my HG serum (Cosmetic Skin Solutions C E Ferulic) and HG moisturizer (La Mer) and I'm going to pick another bottle of this up- hopefully the combined results will be something to smile about :)

on 5/5/2011 8:27:00 AM

Totally love it. I was hesitating whether or not to buy this at first as it is ver pricey here in Singapore, SGD81 for a 125ml tube. Only when I have this as a sample with purchase in 30ml tube, then I realize this is the face scrub I have been searching for. Scrub beads are made from rice thus they don't scratch my skin like others do. Best use with dry face, it could be slightly difficult to get used to it. After that add on a little amount of water and the dry sticky paste turns into a very soft foam with heavenly smell. After I rinse off, my face feels baby smooth. I am never disappointed by Origins!

[I grabbed a full size tube during one of the departmental stores sales event at 20% discount. I am totally loving it!]

I love this product! Was using the Olay microderm. kit and worked well-but I felt like I was rubbing sandpaper on my face each time I used it. Ouch! This is such a gentle yet effective alternative. Love the earthy smell as well. I use it on a dry face and it works just fine. You definitely use less product if its a tad wet.

on 4/9/2011 9:47:00 AM

This is a great exfoliator for combination skin like mine except I find it a bit too dry to scrub on its own. I prefer adding a few drops of water onto my hands before applying it on my face. You only need a small amount!! There are times when I forget and it takes a long time to get rid of it all since becomes very foamy with a little water.

on 3/31/2011 9:44:00 PM

I got this as a sample from KIT along with something I actually wanted to try, Mario Badescu's Enzyme Cleanser. I'm trying to get away from scrubs, because they're enflaming my pores. The SA suggested Modern Friction, because it's gentler. I have combo skin, slightly oiling in t-zone. Normal on cheeks. I get congestion on my chin, nose and forehead. I break out every week, but not severely. I only have about 2 pimples at the moment, and they're not bad. I'm loving the cleanser I bought. This though... I don't know. It felt like it was dragging on my skin a lot. I added a little water, as they said to do this for sensitive skin. It helped a little... but still. Felt like it was pasty, white, slightly grainy muck. I don't really like the smell, to me it smells a bit like dish washing liquid. Lemon fresh... or something. I just don't know about this. As I've only used it once... we'll see how I go. But the dragging and consistency isn't really something I enjoy using. It did polish my skin fairly well, though not as good as a regular scrub. Will report back if it breaks me out/makes my skin die. I'm really looking for something that exfoliates without granules though. My search continues.

on 3/23/2011 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this a while back and completely forgot about it, and I rediscovered it in my bathroom drawer the other day. I gave it a whirl, and omg, I absolutely love this stuff. I have a lot of exfoliators and this is my second favorite next to the Japanese exfoliator, Cure. You can use this on dry or damp skin. I use it on damp skin, mix the exfoliator with some water and gently massage it onto my face. I feel that this works best with my sensitive acne prone skin. The sample jar is tiny, but I know I'll get a good 7-10 uses out of it. I will definitely purchase the full size bottle once I finish all of my other exfoliators. I knocked off 1 lippie just because of the price

I LOVE this product. First, I'm impressed at how little it takes per use - this will last forever. Second, my 44 yr old drying skin has never been so baby butt soft and third, my skin is SO tight I feel like I have spanx on my face! Or packing tape. Lol. I keep looking in the mirror and staring, running my fingers over the super soft, taut skin! I really had no idea I would love this product THIS much. I'm trying to get my husband to try it.
The consistency is like nothing I've ever used. The "sticky rice" as the Origins gal described really is something to experience. I'm tempted to use this every day just to feel this tightness. Only warning - don't get it in your eyes. Burns pretty bad.

on 12/20/2010 7:21:00 PM

Love it, love it, love it. Can't live without it.

on 12/19/2010 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

Does a great job at exfoliating. Makes skin feel soft and smooth afterward. Not as harsh as other facial exfoliating scrubs.