October 22, 2014 | 1398 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I love this product! Was using the Olay microderm. kit and worked well-but I felt like I was rubbing sandpaper on my face each time I used it. Ouch! This is such a gentle yet effective alternative. Love the earthy smell as well. I use it on a dry face and it works just fine. You definitely use less product if its a tad wet.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by pappayaya

This is a great exfoliator for combination skin like mine except I find it a bit too dry to scrub on its own. I prefer adding a few drops of water onto my hands before applying it on my face. You only need a small amount!! There are times when I forget and it takes a long time to get rid of it all since becomes very foamy with a little water.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Maddieo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample from KIT along with something I actually wanted to try, Mario Badescu's Enzyme Cleanser. I'm trying to get away from scrubs, because they're enflaming my pores. The SA suggested Modern Friction, because it's gentler. I have combo skin, slightly oiling in t-zone. Normal on cheeks. I get congestion on my chin, nose and forehead. I break out every week, but not severely. I only have about 2 pimples at the moment, and they're not bad. I'm loving the cleanser I bought. This though... I don't know. It felt like it was dragging on my skin a lot. I added a little water, as they said to do this for sensitive skin. It helped a little... but still. Felt like it was pasty, white, slightly grainy muck. I don't really like the smell, to me it smells a bit like dish washing liquid. Lemon fresh... or something. I just don't know about this. As I've only used it once... we'll see how I go. But the dragging and consistency isn't really something I enjoy using. It did polish my skin fairly well, though not as good as a regular scrub. Will report back if it breaks me out/makes my skin die. I'm really looking for something that exfoliates without granules though. My search continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by soyoungx128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this a while back and completely forgot about it, and I rediscovered it in my bathroom drawer the other day. I gave it a whirl, and omg, I absolutely love this stuff. I have a lot of exfoliators and this is my second favorite next to the Japanese exfoliator, Cure. You can use this on dry or damp skin. I use it on damp skin, mix the exfoliator with some water and gently massage it onto my face. I feel that this works best with my sensitive acne prone skin. The sample jar is tiny, but I know I'll get a good 7-10 uses out of it. I will definitely purchase the full size bottle once I finish all of my other exfoliators. I knocked off 1 lippie just because of the price

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by PeriwinkleBlue

I LOVE this product. First, I'm impressed at how little it takes per use - this will last forever. Second, my 44 yr old drying skin has never been so baby butt soft and third, my skin is SO tight I feel like I have spanx on my face! Or packing tape. Lol. I keep looking in the mirror and staring, running my fingers over the super soft, taut skin! I really had no idea I would love this product THIS much. I'm trying to get my husband to try it.
The consistency is like nothing I've ever used. The "sticky rice" as the Origins gal described really is something to experience. I'm tempted to use this every day just to feel this tightness. Only warning - don't get it in your eyes. Burns pretty bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Ceciliakh

Love it, love it, love it. Can't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by theanginator

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

Does a great job at exfoliating. Makes skin feel soft and smooth afterward. Not as harsh as other facial exfoliating scrubs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

great scrub, a little goes a long way. it makes your face feel baby soft. this scrub is gentle and does not hurt, i love the consistency, and the smell is wonderful. i use it about 2 times a week. my face was starting to get REALLY dry from the winter, and i couldnt wear foundation because of how much dry skin i had. this took care of it.it is pricy but it does seem like it will last you a while and that I will actually USE It. i have tons of other scrubs i just toss after years because they sat unused. i look foward to using this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithTheEyeliner

The first thing I want to say in this review is : I HATE scrubs. H. A. T. E...Every scrub I have ever used has broke my skin out..and left it irritated and dry (My skin is usually combo/oily and not easily sensitive)..This is the first scrub I have used that I actually find myself really looking forward to using. My skin is soft, smooth and slightly glowing (I don't use that word easily either!) for about two days after I use this. No breakouts, no irritation, just very happy skin! I find Origins products to be very hit or miss with my skin type but this is a HUGE hit! The only reason I don't give this a 5 is because I hardly ever give anything a 5, I'm hard to please.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Tuhreesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I swear by this scrub. It really keeps my skin looking refreshed and smooth. I used it 2-3x a week and the lil tub has lasted for about 6 months. You have to use this dry first, and then add water to get a really good scrub going. I use this with the microdermabrasion pads afterwards, and it gets rid of my sun damage from my dumb teen years. I love origins!