April 21, 2014 | 1030 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by soyoungx128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this a while back and completely forgot about it, and I rediscovered it in my bathroom drawer the other day. I gave it a whirl, and omg, I absolutely love this stuff. I have a lot of exfoliators and this is my second favorite next to the Japanese exfoliator, Cure. You can use this on dry or damp skin. I use it on damp skin, mix the exfoliator with some water and gently massage it onto my face. I feel that this works best with my sensitive acne prone skin. The sample jar is tiny, but I know I'll get a good 7-10 uses out of it. I will definitely purchase the full size bottle once I finish all of my other exfoliators. I knocked off 1 lippie just because of the price

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by PeriwinkleBlue

I LOVE this product. First, I'm impressed at how little it takes per use - this will last forever. Second, my 44 yr old drying skin has never been so baby butt soft and third, my skin is SO tight I feel like I have spanx on my face! Or packing tape. Lol. I keep looking in the mirror and staring, running my fingers over the super soft, taut skin! I really had no idea I would love this product THIS much. I'm trying to get my husband to try it.
The consistency is like nothing I've ever used. The "sticky rice" as the Origins gal described really is something to experience. I'm tempted to use this every day just to feel this tightness. Only warning - don't get it in your eyes. Burns pretty bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Ceciliakh

Love it, love it, love it. Can't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by theanginator

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

Does a great job at exfoliating. Makes skin feel soft and smooth afterward. Not as harsh as other facial exfoliating scrubs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

great scrub, a little goes a long way. it makes your face feel baby soft. this scrub is gentle and does not hurt, i love the consistency, and the smell is wonderful. i use it about 2 times a week. my face was starting to get REALLY dry from the winter, and i couldnt wear foundation because of how much dry skin i had. this took care of it.it is pricy but it does seem like it will last you a while and that I will actually USE It. i have tons of other scrubs i just toss after years because they sat unused. i look foward to using this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithTheEyeliner

The first thing I want to say in this review is : I HATE scrubs. H. A. T. E...Every scrub I have ever used has broke my skin out..and left it irritated and dry (My skin is usually combo/oily and not easily sensitive)..This is the first scrub I have used that I actually find myself really looking forward to using. My skin is soft, smooth and slightly glowing (I don't use that word easily either!) for about two days after I use this. No breakouts, no irritation, just very happy skin! I find Origins products to be very hit or miss with my skin type but this is a HUGE hit! The only reason I don't give this a 5 is because I hardly ever give anything a 5, I'm hard to please.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Tuhreesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I swear by this scrub. It really keeps my skin looking refreshed and smooth. I used it 2-3x a week and the lil tub has lasted for about 6 months. You have to use this dry first, and then add water to get a really good scrub going. I use this with the microdermabrasion pads afterwards, and it gets rid of my sun damage from my dumb teen years. I love origins!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by dumbdegenerate

I love love LOVE this, it is absolutely the best scrub I've ever tried.

You put it on dry skin, buff, add a little water and work it like a face wash then rinse.

I use it twice a week and my skin is baby soft.

I've heard some people don't like the smell but I think it has a subtle, natural lemon scent.

Not wildly impressed with the price (28 quid) but you literally need a pea sized amount so it lasts ages. My only complaint is that they switched the packaging from a tub to a tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this one. I was looking for a great face scrub awhile back before the Clairsonic and I went through a jar and a half of this over some time. I was satisfied with the exfoliating qualities. I liked the fact that it was natural and that there weren't any harsh ingredients that would damage my skin. I never got good results using the round bead exfoliating scrubs. I don't think it was the best thing I've ever used, but it was certainly leaps and bounds above using the old school apricot scrub. If I actually purchased a second jar, then I must have been somewhat satisfied.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didnt hate this, but i didnt love it either. it is a decent scrub, but i prefer others. Not a bad price though and does last a fair amount of time.