Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

I LOVE THIS! I bought the two pack (black and brown) including the brush THREE YEARS AGO and i still havent finished them! They last so long, on the eye and in time. Brown is lovely for daytime and black has enough edge for going out/night time. I bought these in Singapore for about $80 which turns out to be a good deal since youre getting two eyeliners and a brush. Excellente!

on 5/10/2013 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love love love this eyeliner! The only one I've ever used that doesn't smudge or transfer. I have oily eyelids too so it really does stay put. Once I wore this and it poured down with rain and it didn't run whatsoever! I'm also one of those people who forgets that they're wearing makeup and rubs their eyes, and if I'm wearing this eyeliner and I do it, it doesn't smudge at all.

It does tend to flake a little if I load my brush up too much while putting it on.

I have it in the colour espresso ink and it is very dark, almost indistinguishable from black.

EDIT: This eyeliner really is amazing at staying put. I recently had an accident and ended up in emergency. After a very stressful day (crying, probably rubbing my eyes a lot etc.) I was shocked when I finally got home about 12 hours later, looked in the mirror and the eyeliner was still there, it hadn't smudged at all!

on 5/5/2013 2:10:00 AM

I have brought both Mac Gel eyeliner and bobbi brown eyeliner and this one definitely wins. I have brought two mac eyeliners and they dried out way too soon before they should even being very cautious of the lid etc but the bobbi brown is lasting a lot longer. Goes on nice and smooth and a must have in the make up kit

on 4/26/2013 8:04:00 PM

I know everybody loves it, but words can't describe how much I hate this product!

it smudges all over my eye lids and I don't even have oily skin, so I don't understand how everybody loves it so much, because I had try to love it but its hasn't work out for me at all.

on 4/24/2013 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am very happy with this eyeliner. I was looking for an eyeliner to wear for an on stage belly dance performance and I decided on this one. It worked really well for the performance. I think it is a great eyeliner, goes on smoothly and last a long time. Unfortunately my eyes are extremely hooded, basically my eyeliner is resting against my eyelid all day and on top of that my lids are pretty oily, so there is some transference throughout the day. I also bought the MAC fluidline in Blacktrack and I prefer the Bobbi Brown one. I noticed it tends to dry out easily, a trick I learned from Gossmakeupartist on youtube is to pop it in the microwave for a few seconds and presto, back to almost new consistency. Very good liner but a hefty price tag, I guess it depends on how much you are willing to spend for a good eyeliner, I know some girls can use drugstore ones without them smudging, lucky girls...

on 4/22/2013 11:27:00 AM

I loved this product. I got the Espresso Ink colour and I absolutely adore it. It is not too dark, but if you apply a bit more of it, you can get the night look, but it is also great for the day - it is not too obvious, but it contours you eyes in a great way. The packaging is good, it will certainly last me a long time, even though I use it everyday. It is a bit more expensive than MAC's eyeliner, but I just love the colours in Bobbi Brown

on 4/12/2013 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Little pots of gold...if you prefer gel liners to liquid or pencil, Bobbi Brown is the way to go. Very, very long lasting. Glides on well. No complaints.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this gel eyeliner! It's very smooth and easy to apply, and it stays for a long time! Even without loose powder it stays for nearly the whole day and it didn't smudge or fade.
It is a bit on u'd expensive side, but one small tube lasts for a long time. When it dries out, I was told to put it in the microwave and it worked for me.

on 3/31/2013 9:26:00 PM

Fantastic gel liner, goes on smooth and is long lasting. Can smudge a little going day to night so touch-ups are needed. Great for making vintage and cat eye looks.

Only small complaints is the glass packaging since I'm clumsy and have dropped more than one a tile floor. Also, you have to keep a tight lid on this stuff or it will dry out. Every week or two, I take a kleenex and wipe off the top layer so it always glides on smooth.

on 3/28/2013 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this gel liner, bar none! A few tips though that I've come across which work wonders. 1) don't be afraid to stick it in the microwave at 15 second intervals (with the lid off, of course.) It's so much easier to work with this way! 2) while I have 2 eye liner brushes both flat and angled, I've recently started using a felt tip eyeliner (I think it's maybelline, I forget) as the applicator after sticking it in the microwave. Doing both of these save me so much time and hassle!