July 31, 2014 | 1868 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This product is a little pricey (30-45 dollars) but it is so well worth it!! One of my very favorite hair products on the market! This will become your best friend when you are flatironing or straightening your hair! This also lasts A LONG TIME!! You only need a few drops a day and the bottle is pretty big. This is great if you have colored or treated hair. The only thing you have to be careful with is that you don't spill with the cap off! It is a very oily consistency so it will spill like water and make a mess.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I won't repurchase this again because I think CHI Silk Infusion works better, but this product it a nice one to apply in damp hair before blow drying or heat styling. It will diminish your frizz, and leave your hair very soft. One thing it does beat CHI on is the SCENT! This one smells more feminine to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by mswoyer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did enjoy this product, but it wasn't my favorite. I definitely like the chi silk treatment better

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Msvahidaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this product is kind of on the pricey side but worth it if your hair is damaged or dry, it gives you alot of shine i would buy it again if i ever need it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Lily580

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I REALLY wanted to like this product because it smells absolutely divine! But it has done nothing at all for my hair, just leaves it feeling a bit greasy and odd. I'm using the rest of the bottle as body lotion!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by FrancescaMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using Biosilk after every wash for about 10 months, it is the only thing that has changed in my hair wash/style/wear routine in the last year. I bought the largest bottle possible to save money, as this is expensive, and it lasted the full 10 months. This is what I have experienced.

Biosilk is very effective if you have frizzy hair that needs smoothing down before styling. However, there is a fine line between 'silky smooth frizz free hair' and 'greasy lifeless hair' when using this product. You have to make sure it is spread well through the hair when using. In short, it definitely helps with defrizz, styling, managability and providing a bit of gloss. It also lasts a long time.

However in the long term this is a definite NO NO. I have experienced an overall drying of my hair to a straw like consistency, brittleness, breakage & loss. I have read other reviews that warn of this due to the alcohol content of the product. I agree. After 10 months of opening the strong perfumed smell wore away and it started to smell like nail polish remover. This was when I threw the rest of the bottle away.

I think a lot of these reviews were written after 1-2 months of use, when you are not seeing the long term damage this product does to your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by crissy42o

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stuff! It lasts forever, which is good because where I'm from it can be a bit pricy (25 bucks for a small bottle). I use a dime-sized amount of this, a pump of Moroccan oil, and a pump of Redken heat protector oil after every wash, and whether I blow dry it or let it dry naturally, it tames my fly-aways and makes my super curly hair much more manageable. I use the other two products in addition to this only because my hair can get out of control if I don't. For someone with wavy or straight hair, it would be fine all by itself I'm sure.

I also put a bit in my hair (maybe half of a dime-sized amount) after it's dry which helps keep my straightened hair in place or tame any little frizzies that might have popped up while I was running around the house with my little ones.

Cannot say enough about this stuff. It's amazing. If you're on the fence, go for it! You'll be happy you did.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by anneok

After 20 years of trying to find a product to tame my coarse, thick hair, I finally have it. I just tried Biosilk for the first time and I'll never again go without. I finally have the smooth, manageable hair I want. :) Worth the price. Definitely.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by angbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I keep coming back to this product.I have tried argan oil ("Moroccan"), macadamian oil, etc...and this one gives about the same results for a lot less money per ounce. You can use it on wet or dry hair and even skin. It smells great and it doesn't weigh down your hair. Works great before you flat iron and for touch ups during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by teezee46

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

having a cabinet-full of expensive hair products, i came back to biosilk therapy for my curly, color-treated, auburn hair. after washing and conditioning, i flat-iron and follow with a tiny drop of biosilk, focusing on my ends. it works. and so do the compliments.