July 25, 2014 | 1275 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Msvahidaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this product is kind of on the pricey side but worth it if your hair is damaged or dry, it gives you alot of shine i would buy it again if i ever need it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Lily580

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I REALLY wanted to like this product because it smells absolutely divine! But it has done nothing at all for my hair, just leaves it feeling a bit greasy and odd. I'm using the rest of the bottle as body lotion!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by FrancescaMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using Biosilk after every wash for about 10 months, it is the only thing that has changed in my hair wash/style/wear routine in the last year. I bought the largest bottle possible to save money, as this is expensive, and it lasted the full 10 months. This is what I have experienced.

Biosilk is very effective if you have frizzy hair that needs smoothing down before styling. However, there is a fine line between 'silky smooth frizz free hair' and 'greasy lifeless hair' when using this product. You have to make sure it is spread well through the hair when using. In short, it definitely helps with defrizz, styling, managability and providing a bit of gloss. It also lasts a long time.

However in the long term this is a definite NO NO. I have experienced an overall drying of my hair to a straw like consistency, brittleness, breakage & loss. I have read other reviews that warn of this due to the alcohol content of the product. I agree. After 10 months of opening the strong perfumed smell wore away and it started to smell like nail polish remover. This was when I threw the rest of the bottle away.

I think a lot of these reviews were written after 1-2 months of use, when you are not seeing the long term damage this product does to your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by crissy42o

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stuff! It lasts forever, which is good because where I'm from it can be a bit pricy (25 bucks for a small bottle). I use a dime-sized amount of this, a pump of Moroccan oil, and a pump of Redken heat protector oil after every wash, and whether I blow dry it or let it dry naturally, it tames my fly-aways and makes my super curly hair much more manageable. I use the other two products in addition to this only because my hair can get out of control if I don't. For someone with wavy or straight hair, it would be fine all by itself I'm sure.

I also put a bit in my hair (maybe half of a dime-sized amount) after it's dry which helps keep my straightened hair in place or tame any little frizzies that might have popped up while I was running around the house with my little ones.

Cannot say enough about this stuff. It's amazing. If you're on the fence, go for it! You'll be happy you did.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by anneok

After 20 years of trying to find a product to tame my coarse, thick hair, I finally have it. I just tried Biosilk for the first time and I'll never again go without. I finally have the smooth, manageable hair I want. :) Worth the price. Definitely.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by angbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I keep coming back to this product.I have tried argan oil ("Moroccan"), macadamian oil, etc...and this one gives about the same results for a lot less money per ounce. You can use it on wet or dry hair and even skin. It smells great and it doesn't weigh down your hair. Works great before you flat iron and for touch ups during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by teezee46

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

having a cabinet-full of expensive hair products, i came back to biosilk therapy for my curly, color-treated, auburn hair. after washing and conditioning, i flat-iron and follow with a tiny drop of biosilk, focusing on my ends. it works. and so do the compliments.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by MayaFrasier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot. It works very well and doesn't weigh down my hair. Most hair products I tend to avoid because they leave my hair all chunky and gross but this works exceptionally well. A bit pricey but not unexpected. You get what you pay for. It doesn't do much for styling but it gives it a healthy shine after using heat tools. A little dime sized amount is enough, if it's more than that it can get a little oily looking. I personally like it and would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A former hairdresser started using this hair product on me in the late 1990's. It was one of the best things she ever did. My hair tends to do funky things with product. But this product is like magic on my hair!

I love the light consistency of this product. Unlike so many other hair care products, this one is not grease at all. Some products tend to make my hair go limp and strip the body. With this product, my hair has all its wonderful body. There is no greasy feeling at all. After I get out of the shower, I just squeeze out the excess water from my hair, then pull it to the side and rub no more than a dime or nickel sized amount of product on the lower half. You really don't need much product at all. That's another thing I love. Even a small bottle of this will last me a really long time.

I always set my hair in big velcro rollers, since I don't have anywhere near the blow drying technique to master my wavy, curly, sometimes frizzy hair. Then after a few hours I take out the rollers one by one and blow dry each section. At the end I go over my whole head to make sure it's all dry and then put my hair up in a ponytail. This product gives me shine and protects against frizz, but most important of all - it leaves my hair feeling like real hair.

I have had too many products used on my by hairdressers over the years that have given me static, made my hair greasy and heavy or stripped it of volume. That's why I have stayed with this product for so many years. It has never failed me. I will stick with this for life!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

This product is all around amazing. I love the smell, the bottle shape, and of course, what it does to my hair! I also use it on my skin and my legs after shaving. About ten to 15 minutes after I've applied it to my hair, it becomes bouncy, tamed, and free of frizzies! My hair definitely has a mind of its own when it comes to manageability, but this stuff tames my tresses everytime!