October 20, 2014 | 1195 users online

Blush - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish - Porcelain Pink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 12:51:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Mine is mostly light pink with minimal, subtle gold veining. So it shows up as a sheer, somewhat shimmery (especially in sunlight) though non-glittery pale, pale, pearly pink with an interesting ivory iridescence (this almost duochrome effect looked so gorgeous when I swiped the tester with a finger that I immediately bought this MSF). Doesn't really show up strongly as a color unless you layer a bit, and that makes this very shimmery and obvious. This is kind of a nice compromise between blush and highlighter in that you can use just this to add a little color and highlight in one step. I do advise that you use a decent-quality skunk brush (like MAC's own #187) to apply this, or you'll get more shimmer than color. This is pretty, but I won't say this is particularly special. Becca's highlighting powders, especially the pressed ones, are superior in terms of adding a beautiful, subtle luminosity to your skin rather than shimmer. Unless you're a complete MAC addict, I'd advise you to check out Becca (if you're able to) first before buying one of the MSFs.4

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

I was psyched to find Porcelain Pink MSF, a shimmery pale pink with golden pearl, at a new CCO. Unlike the latest MSFs, Porcelain Pink is much finer with little to no glitter particles. I like Porcelain Pink over a pink blush for a subtle glow on my MAC C3 skin. It's a lighter version of Clinique Iced Lotus blush and comparable to the Smashbox BCA Blushing Pink Fusion Soft Lights blush. Apply Porcelain Pink lightly with the 187 brush or a fluffy brush to avoid looking like Tin Man. If you are looking for a more noticeable but fine rosy pink glow, try BECCA Gypsy Pressed Shimmer Powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 3:33:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty Color, specially n the pan. It gives me a pretty pink flushed that looks natural. however, I have to layer this a few times for the color to show up on my skin. I just wished it has more shimmer on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 3:06:00 AM More reviews by nikitabambina

this color gives the nicest glow. really perfects the cheeks and very flatering for the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by heatherpl

i just tried this over the weekend, i have a somewhat of tan skin and i used this over my foundation and it sets my cheeks of to a light pink and gives it some shimmer not to bright pink and not to dark, just right. i love it i love the color, and i hope it looks good on me during summer also. i must buy a back up of this i rate this A++++++++++++

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 6:06:00 PM More reviews by skizzerkid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Of all the MSF's I own (all except Metal Rock, So Ceylon & Pleasureflush), I find myself reaching for this one the least. This is not to say, however, that this product isn't pretty- when you get it to work, it's gorgeous! I'm PPP, NC15, freckly, rosy undertones-- and still I have to reapply and reapply and Fix+ and Fix+ to get this to show up! Seems like too much work, I feel, which is probably why I don't use it that much. It IS very pretty, though, perhaps because it is so light, it might contrast better on someone who is a bit darker? My mom has more olive tones to her skin and this looks lovely on her.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by californiasgrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is an amazing highlighter. it's so subtle, but when the light hits it just right, it shows up in all its glowy, shimmery glory.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2007 8:42:00 AM More reviews by toxik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this! Favourite(st) highlighter for the moment! I find this gives me similar effect to Barbie's Pearl Blossom BP. HOWEVER, I love this like 10million times better because
1) the shimmers in PP are goldish, perfect for my asian skin colour. PB BP has silver shimmers - a little cool tone, but its very nice for a highlighter too anyway.
2) OMGZXGZXGX GLOW!!!!!
3) i find that the texture of this MSF is similar of that to Shimpagne and Shooting Star MSFs, all of them are from the Amuse collection anyway. They have shimmers - not glitters (which i hate!!!) in the newer MSFs. I should have included a comparison pic of Pearl Sunshine too, but it didnt occur to me.
Anyway, PP and PB are the ones with pink glows. PS appears peachy on me.

NC25 Studio Fix/Fluid, Asian. *Included pics*

continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2007 3:40:00 AM More reviews by suelll

the gold shimmery particles in this product becomes quite obvious under strong light eg. being outside in the sun. at first i was quite disappointed with PP as I was expecting it to show up on my NC25 cheeks as a soft pink blush like in the pan, well all i got was just shimmery particles. fast forward to 2 weeks ago, 3 months after the delivery of my son and a long makeup break i started using this over my blushers before deciding if i should just put it up for swap. I usually try to stay away from shimmery blushers as they magnify my pores (like BB shimmerbricks) so I have loads of matte and satiny blushers and and and PP works beautifully on top of all my existing blushers. the micro particles took some getting used to (i'm 32), now i actually prefer it to just plan shimmer which makes me look oily sometimes if not done with a skunk brush. i feel cute and princessy every time i use PP. i will never run out of this as the compact is huge but would rebuy if lost tho. thank you MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2007 5:17:00 PM More reviews by weneedaroom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This color is a perfect highlight. It's not too glittery and goes on very smoothly. My only issue with it is that it takes a bit of layering to show up on my NW15 skin. Maybe it would look even better on deeper skintones? I will definitely keep on using it as a highlight for both my cheeks and eyes, just wish it showed up easier so I didn't run through it so quickly!