August 21, 2014 | 1712 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Eucerin PLUS Intensive Repair Hand Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Dali24

I suddenly developed a case of exfoliative keratolysis on my hands last week, which is an abnormally accelerated process of constant peeling, prematuerly revealing tender, thin skin underneath that dries out and hurts. It was very aggravating and embarassing--my partner said I looked like I had leprosy! I got so desperate that I used most of the moisturizers that I had at home and then would top them off with Vaseline. This would work ok, but the Vaseline would make my hands greasy and the effect would wear off in an hour or two. I did some research online and found that moisturizers with a high urea content can be effective for this condition, so I went to the drugstore and searched. This product lists urea as the 3rd ingredient, which was the best I could find. I was scared that since it had AHAs in it, it would burn the parts of my palms that had over-exfoliated. However, this was not the case at all. The fragrance-free creme is a lovely consistency and mostly sinks right in, leaving my hands feeling soft and smooth. It does have dimethicone in it, so it leaves a pleasant silky feeling to the hands which is great because I don't feel the dried ridges of exfoliating skin (which was very annoying before!) I could use the computer or phone right after and it doesn't feel like I'm going to leave grease marks everywhere. It moisturizes beautifully, to the point that I am not embarassed to show my hands anymore. The effect lasts for several hours before I need to reapply. It's too soon to tell if the creme will "cure" my condition; I'm not even sure if that is possible and I think you just have to wait it out. But it has helped a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by jenettd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this. I wish it came in a bigger tube. Very moisturizing. I hate having dry hands so I constantly moisturize. I was using a more expensive brand, and I noticed after I wash my hands they would be so dry to the point where they hurt. Since I started using Eucerin, my hands were not as dry, which makes me think that it is aiding my skin instead of just sitting on top of it. Everytime I go to the store I pick up a tube, even though I don't need any at the time. I have five tubes sitting on my dresser! I'm so glad I found this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite hand lotion is L'Occitane, but I wash my hands so much at work, reapplying that gets to be too expensive. I agree with all the positive reviews: sinks in super fast, moisturizes instantly, non-greasy, it even works effectively on my cuticles. Another thing that is great about it is that although it has alpha hydroxy acids it does not burn my hands even when they are very irritated. It is actually very soothing. Will definitely keep this around, especially at my desk at work.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Marjolaine

I love this lotion because it is a very good moisturizer and because it doesn't leave any signs of it being on. It gets absorbed fast and it makes my hands feel soft. It's great stuff. Highly recommended, and because the bottle is so small, it's great to carry around.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by weirdaway

It moisturizes and leaves my hands soft, without leaving them greasy or oily, gets absorbed quickly.
75ml for about 4,5 USD is quite okay knowing how it works.
There's a picture in my gallery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Justina17

This stuff is amazing. A friend of mine let me use this in the summer when my heels were cracked and bleeding (gross I know but very very painful). After wearing this for two nights (under socks) my feet were amazing soft. I love how its not greasy. I now use it on my hands and I can get back to work and not worry about getting lotion all over my papers. My mom let me use the cream her doctor prescribes for her (way more expensive) and I still prefer this.

I got all the men in my life using this now , by bro, boyfriend. Even my dad has one in his truck. (They like that its not greasy or has any fragrance).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by TheCoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff works. It's not greasy, doesn't smell, and absorbs quickly. I have used Neutrogena's Hand Creme for years, because there wasn't a better alternative -- this is it. Neutrogena leaves a weird film and smell, though it does work. I like the texture of this cream better, it's more of a a gel/lotion and you only need a little bit. I live in NY and the winter has wreaked havock on my hands, and this has saved me. 5 stars, you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Cabintree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes! Hand creams are an issue for me. I cannot tolerate fragrance on my hands and that is why I initially purchased this little gem. Boy am I glad I did. My hands have never felt so silky smooth and comfortable. I thought I'd have to endure a soak in period in order to get enough moisture in there, but no! I cannot recommend this stuff highly enough. I can apply it and use my hands with in seconds. My HG, for sure. I will never use anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2007 9:09:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I was a huge fan of Neutrogena's hand cream... but then I tried this. While the Neutrogena worked fine, it is also lighly scented, and while the scent does not bother me, it might bother the people around me when I apply it. This hand cream is just as good as the Neutrogena, minus the scent. It absorbs quickly and moisturizes without that greasy feeling, and it comes in a convenient tube. It's slightly pricier than the Neutrogena, but only by $1 or something, so that's no biggie. When I finish my Neutrogena I will definitely be switching over to this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by marnie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good hand cream. It is moisturizing & fragrance-free. I have to agree with everything on the tube except "Appropriate for hand eczema". I can't use it when I have eczema. I also really like using it on my feet. Here in the UK this is called Hand Cream With 5% Urea.
Ingredients: water, glycerin, urea, glyceryl stearate, stearyl alcohol, dicaprylyl ether, sodium lactate, dimethicone, PEG-40 stearate, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, lactic acid, xanthan gum, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben.