October 24, 2014 | 1719 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by stellay

I'd give this 3.5 stars if I could. This is a good basic loose powder that I use on a nearly daily basis to set my tinted moisturizer or foundation. I use a big powder brush instead of a powder puff so caking is minimal to non-existent. Like several reviewers have stated, the packaging is not the best (the lid on mine chipped a bit), but for under $5, this is a really good everyday standard. I'm sure if I got loose powder from, say, Chanel, I would tell quite a difference between drugstore quality and department/luxury quality, but like I said, for a few bucks, this is a dependable loose powder. And I find the Noxema smell somewhat comforting, in that nostalgic sense.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by kim246

I been using this for about a year now. It works a fair amount. Its a mess to use, because the little holes let too much out, the cap dont close completely, and the puffy thing ripped about 2 weeks after I bought it. It does have a weird smell that is kind of strong at times. It sets my liquid foundation pretty well and evens out the color. I found a shade that matches with my skin completely. But it does get creases around my nose. But it does last for at least 6 hours or so. But does need to be replied because it tends to wear off and make my blemishes noticable again. But once its fixed, it last for a fair amount of time. I would buy it again but I know there are better products out there if I had the money & time to try them all.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by mchllbnll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

Well, after using pressed powder for many years I've decided to give this a try. First off, the packaging is terrible. My cap cracked and broke in half within.. a month I want to say. Had my friend give me another cap to use. Surprisingly, I actually like the smell. Doesn't bother me. I don't really have anything to compare this to but I'm pretty convinced that there are better powders out there. Leaves my face looking a little cakey and powdery around my nose. The look I've always tried to avoid. I wouldn't necessarily NOT purchase again.. I'm neutral about this product until I find a better one. Any cheap drugstore alternatives?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by sekhmet

A friend had bought this, never used it, and gave it to me. The shade is translucent medium. I don't need face powder, but I like trying new things, so I wore it yesterday. The first thing I have to say is I try not to buy CG products because they are not cruelty free, although I have bought the occasional CG item. However, this is a good basic face powder, and a container of it should last you a while. It comes in a sifter jar that is convenient and sturdy enough as long as you're not carrying it around with you (which I don't recommend for loose powder anyway!). I don't like the scent, but I don't find it overwhelming either--once you apply the powder, the smell is gone. The puff is fine--I like using one sometimes--but I used a brush to apply this since the color is a little darker than what I usually wear. The color and texture of the powder are good, and it mattifies and "finishes" foundation well. As to lasting power, I did have to blot my face after a few hours, and then re-powder a couple of hours after that.
I did check the ingredients on this, and the list is very long. It also includes some unnecessary ingredients, such as mineral oil, camphor, and menthol that could possibly irritate sensitive skin.
This is a nice basic face powder at a good price. If I weren't trying to go cruelty-free, I would definitely consider buying this in the light shade if I needed powder.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this stuff to set my makeup and get rid of the greasiness. To me this is just a nice basic powder to use. It's not cakey, and I actually love the Noxzema smell. Frankly, I'd prefer it over something that was scented like old fashioned flowers. I've had no problems with the cap coming off in my bag. The sifter is great because you don't get powder everywhere which can be really messy.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by sidebraid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

The smell is very strong and smells of ancient face powder. Also, it just poofs everywhere.. the cap also doesn't screw on and way too much comes out of that sifter. I only wanted a finishing powder, but even a light application makes my face look a little powdery and 'made up'. Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by smurden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tossed after 1 use. Can't get past the smell ~ I thought they had gotten rid of the noxema smell a while ago? Love that the lid stays on tight which, with the dirt cheap price ($4.12 at Ulta), are the only redeeming qualities of this powder. Can't vouch for the color, wear, or oil controlling properties since I couldn't get past the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by CorrieVO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for years; tried to find other loose finishing powders that go with my yellow/olive undertones, but I keep coming back to the Translucent Fair 105 or Translucent Light 110 as my staples - love this powder. Versatile: it wears well over moisturized skin (buffed on with a buffer brush for sheer coverage) or over foundation (applied with a round flat sponge applicator for fuller coverage matte finish). I have oily skin, though, so within 4-6 hours I'm shiny; after blotting off excess oil, I'm able to reapply without problem and go another 4-6 hours. Color stays true (does not seem to oxidize over the course of the day). Smell of product is fresh, like Noxema. Definitely a reliable standby for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Rustumbobbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This power is a nice setting power but if your looking for coverage you wont be pleased. overall it's a good product with alot of product packaged for the price you pay and I actually would purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by emromano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just bought my second one.

I have two sets of makeup, one at my home the other at my boyfriends place, and I keep my MAC loose powder @ my house ( and usually the nicer makeup in general )

But, having both, I actually like this stuff better. It takes the shine out of your freshly applied makeup, and sets it. No complaints here, and especially for the price.

Only downside is that the cover on my last one cracked bc it is very thin and cheaply packaged...hey for five bucks I am not complaining.