Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, decyl cocoate, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, fragrance*, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, nonfat dry milk, milk powder, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, soybean oil, canola oil, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

My first bottle of this was wonderful and when i ran out, i missed everything about it. The scent was warm and comforting, the moisturising effect was better than anything i had ever used. Now, being prone to very dry patches on my arms, i was always looking for the HG body lotion. I have spent a fortune and well, not so much on many other products over the years and this fitted the bill in more ways than one. As i live in a town that doesn't sell Burt's Bees, i just put off buying it. The other day, i bought a bottle online and sadly, i have to agree with some of the other ladies. This is a new bottle from a fresh batch, so the new formula is actually thinner than it used to be and yes, there is something minty lurking in the background and for those of you who used play doh as a child, you may want to think on that one when inhaling the 'milk and honey'! It used to sink right in but now it seems to sit on top of the skin a little, leaving a bit of a 'film'.
Having used it for a couple of days now, i can honestly say it still works extremely well. I have had to take off two marks for the minty play doh scent but hey, i think i might just get used to it!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

Mediocre results, not the best but it goes on easily and doesn't leave a residue feeling.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had the kind in a bottle, and it was WONDERFUL. The smell alone was enough to keep me satisfied, it was so warm and comforting and lingered forever.

However, when I ran out, I went to get some more and they put it in a tube. Now, I don't know if they reformulated it or something, but the scent is not the same at all. There's a weird pepperminty smell covering the milk and honey, and the scent is absolutely GONE within the hour. This makes me so sad, as the original scent had special meaning and comfort to me. :-(

The actual moisturizing properties haven't changed, though- it's still a lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer, which is exactly what I need, because my skin on my body is normal and doesn't exactly need moisturization. :-)

The different scent saddens me though :-(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This wonderful, lightweight body lotion is ideal for the summer months as it sinks into the skin instantly. The scent of the lotion is absolutely divine and despite being lightweight, it does provide lasting moisture and nourishment. The ingredients, which are 98.3% natural, include an array of beneficial plant oils (sunflower seed, coconut and canola) as well as honey and beeswax to moisturise your skin the natural way. As with all Burt's Bees products, the price is very reasonable considering the quality of the ingredients. The only issue that I have with this lotion is that it does not provide enough moisture during the winter, when I revert to using Burt's Bees Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey and Shea Body Butter, which smells even more fabulous!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used this lotion this past Summer. It's more of a lightweight lotion which is what I need in the hot summer months because I tend to sweat alot after being out in the hot southern sun in just a few mins. I used this mostly at night before bed and in the morning. It's not super moisturizing but it is paraben free,pthalate free, 98.25% natural and the bottle is made of HDPE #2 that is also 90% post-conumer recycled and can be added to your recycle bin

This lotion is pretty good for being mostly natural. It smells pretty good and the smell actually lasts better than lotions with synthetic fragrance. It also moisturizes pretty well and leaves skin very soft.

I feel like I am copying the reviewer below me in saying these last few things, but... I think I will have to use something heavier in the winter when my skin gets really dry...so it's probably a summer time lotion for me too. But I would venture to say that this is probably sufficiently moisturizing for all skin types except the very dry all year round.

I will repurchase because it is natural. If it wasn't, I would not repurchase as there are better and cheaper alternatives.

Note: This review also applies to the Aloe and Buttermilk Body Lotion, and probably all other Burt's Bees Body Lotions with similar ingredients.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Has an amazingly sweet sweet (almost like coconut) and leaves your skin feeling soft.

Personally, I love this as a summertime lotion. It sinks in quickly, and moisturizes well without being sticky or causing clogged pores or ingrown hairs. My skin feels soft and smooth when I use this, and looks more glowy and radiant. The smell is different at first, but fades to a really nice, subtle scent. It's a little more expensive as far as a drugstore brand, but pretty cheap if you consider what you'd pay for a similar product from Sephora or a department store.

I will say that because this is a water-based lotion without added ingredients like dimethicone, it doesn't moisturize as thoroughly as some other brands. If you're looking for intense moisture, it might not be for you.

Also, because this lotion is 98-99% natural, it does not have the same shelf life as other lotions. No chemicals means no preservatives, and an older bottle of this lotion may smell funky, feel tacky, be discolored, or in some cases, irritating. I have never really had any of these problems even when I've bought this stuff on sale, but I feel like people get used to the consistency and quality of other lotions and kinda forget that natural stuff doesn't have that same shelf-life and resistance to air.

If you're looking for a nice drugstore splurge, I say go for this. It's never really done me wrong, and I've been using it for years : )

After reading some reviews on the Milk and Honey Lotion, I became very keen to purchase a bottle. Went to the shop, tried on the lotion. Texture was ok, initially felt a little bit sticky but after a while felt just nice. You just need to squeeze a little bit as too much will leave you feeling very sticky. Absorbs quickly and leaves the skin feeling well moisturised. I however disliked the smell instantly. Tried on the Aloe and Butter milk as well and found it rather pleasant so left the shop with the Aloe and Buttermilk instead. Going home, was thinking to myself why some reviewers loved and rave about the Milk and Honey Lotion's scent. So smelt both my arms, left arm which I applied the Milk and Honey Lotion and the right, the Aloe and Buttermilk. Constantly keep smelling them and found out why some reviewers loved the scent. After a while, the Milk and Honey started smelling so good that I constantly kept smelling my left arm every few minutes. As for the Aloe and Buttermilk, the scent was nice but rather sweet smelling. The scent of the Milk and Honey lasted longer and smelt much better. After 4 hours, the smell was as strong as ever. Smells a little bit like vanilla and coconut mixed toqether. This morning went back to the store with the unopened Aloe and Buttermilk and exchanged it for the Milk and Honey. Now I know why many reviewers rave about the smell. For those who dislike it upon application, do give it about half an hour before smelling it again. You may change your mind!! Just love the texture and the smell of the Milk and Honey. Will definitely repurchase this lotion!!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like the idea of Burt's Bees, and salute them for taking a mostly natural approach to their products, as well as being very open about their ingredients.

I wasn't really sold on this product however. It was quite a watery lotion, and not very moisturizing. My skin felt as if nothing was applied even after I massaged a generous amount onto it (dry patches remained just as dry).

Also, I really wish they wouldn't use Sodium Borate as on of their ingredients- it's on the EWG (environmental working group)'s top harmful ingredients, and is much more toxic than parabens or pthalates.