Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, decyl cocoate, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, fragrance*, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, nonfat dry milk, milk powder, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, soybean oil, canola oil, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

on 7/29/2010 12:12:00 AM

This lotion is pretty good for being mostly natural. It smells pretty good and the smell actually lasts better than lotions with synthetic fragrance. It also moisturizes pretty well and leaves skin very soft.

I feel like I am copying the reviewer below me in saying these last few things, but... I think I will have to use something heavier in the winter when my skin gets really dry...so it's probably a summer time lotion for me too. But I would venture to say that this is probably sufficiently moisturizing for all skin types except the very dry all year round.

I will repurchase because it is natural. If it wasn't, I would not repurchase as there are better and cheaper alternatives.

Note: This review also applies to the Aloe and Buttermilk Body Lotion, and probably all other Burt's Bees Body Lotions with similar ingredients.

on 6/26/2010 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Has an amazingly sweet sweet (almost like coconut) and leaves your skin feeling soft.

on 6/14/2010 1:45:00 AM

Personally, I love this as a summertime lotion. It sinks in quickly, and moisturizes well without being sticky or causing clogged pores or ingrown hairs. My skin feels soft and smooth when I use this, and looks more glowy and radiant. The smell is different at first, but fades to a really nice, subtle scent. It's a little more expensive as far as a drugstore brand, but pretty cheap if you consider what you'd pay for a similar product from Sephora or a department store.

I will say that because this is a water-based lotion without added ingredients like dimethicone, it doesn't moisturize as thoroughly as some other brands. If you're looking for intense moisture, it might not be for you.

Also, because this lotion is 98-99% natural, it does not have the same shelf life as other lotions. No chemicals means no preservatives, and an older bottle of this lotion may smell funky, feel tacky, be discolored, or in some cases, irritating. I have never really had any of these problems even when I've bought this stuff on sale, but I feel like people get used to the consistency and quality of other lotions and kinda forget that natural stuff doesn't have that same shelf-life and resistance to air.

If you're looking for a nice drugstore splurge, I say go for this. It's never really done me wrong, and I've been using it for years : )

on 6/3/2010 5:05:00 AM

After reading some reviews on the Milk and Honey Lotion, I became very keen to purchase a bottle. Went to the shop, tried on the lotion. Texture was ok, initially felt a little bit sticky but after a while felt just nice. You just need to squeeze a little bit as too much will leave you feeling very sticky. Absorbs quickly and leaves the skin feeling well moisturised. I however disliked the smell instantly. Tried on the Aloe and Butter milk as well and found it rather pleasant so left the shop with the Aloe and Buttermilk instead. Going home, was thinking to myself why some reviewers loved and rave about the Milk and Honey Lotion's scent. So smelt both my arms, left arm which I applied the Milk and Honey Lotion and the right, the Aloe and Buttermilk. Constantly keep smelling them and found out why some reviewers loved the scent. After a while, the Milk and Honey started smelling so good that I constantly kept smelling my left arm every few minutes. As for the Aloe and Buttermilk, the scent was nice but rather sweet smelling. The scent of the Milk and Honey lasted longer and smelt much better. After 4 hours, the smell was as strong as ever. Smells a little bit like vanilla and coconut mixed toqether. This morning went back to the store with the unopened Aloe and Buttermilk and exchanged it for the Milk and Honey. Now I know why many reviewers rave about the smell. For those who dislike it upon application, do give it about half an hour before smelling it again. You may change your mind!! Just love the texture and the smell of the Milk and Honey. Will definitely repurchase this lotion!!

on 5/30/2010 11:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like the idea of Burt's Bees, and salute them for taking a mostly natural approach to their products, as well as being very open about their ingredients.

I wasn't really sold on this product however. It was quite a watery lotion, and not very moisturizing. My skin felt as if nothing was applied even after I massaged a generous amount onto it (dry patches remained just as dry).

Also, I really wish they wouldn't use Sodium Borate as on of their ingredients- it's on the EWG (environmental working group)'s top harmful ingredients, and is much more toxic than parabens or pthalates.

on 5/22/2010 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first received a small bottle part of a gift pack. I later purchased full sized bottle and realized they smell differently. The 1st bottle was weird.. it doesn't smell like milk or honey, but rather a little minty scent. I always wondered if it gone bad. The full size bottle smells much more "normal". A lightly scented lotion which I like, despite of all the bad comments below. I really don't mind if Burt's Bees quit putting fragrances in their products. I will like it even more.

Off onto the lotion. It has a light, runny consistency that I find acceptable. Contrary to other reviewers it's not that runny. It absorbs quickly and leaving my skin soft to the touch w/ no greasy feeling afterward (men will find this great). If you have very dry skin this may not be moisturizing enough for you. But it works great for me in dry and cold Canadian winter. I shave my legs almost daily in the summer, leaving my thighs dry and itchy (even if I re-apply lotion). At night, I have a bad habit of scratching my itchy legs and to find marks the next morning =(. After apply this milk & honey lotion, I never find my thighs itchy anymore.

a month ago I ran out of night cream, and i can't use my day time lotions because they have sunscreen in it. So i put this lotion on my face and neck. My face felt very soft and supple! I've combo skin and T zone tends to break out. But after using this as a night cream ever since never gave me a pimple!

I don't like the design of the bottle. The cap opening is small and the bottle is rigid (hard to squeeze). So i end up untwisting the cap when i use it.

This is an expensive body lotion, $13 (on sale) @ 236 ml! But it'll be a very cheap night cream alternative. I will definitely repurchase.. but will try to find cheap deals on ebay.

on 5/20/2010 5:00:00 AM

It smells nice, but the formula is too watery and isn't moisturizing enough

on 5/19/2010 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have very dry, ezcema prone skin and I thought for sure this lotion would be great as my derm. has prescribed me to use whole milk on my skin before and we all know how great honey is.

However this lotion is super runny & watery and I didn't find it to be very moisterizing, definitely not enough for dry skin. It didn't smell like anything special, but if it would of done it's job I could of cared less.

Didn't/wouldn't repurchase, didn't finish the bottle that I had.

As with most Burt's Bees products, I really wanted to like this lotion. The scent smelled like bad suntan oil. The consistency of the lotion was thin and watery. It really didn't seem to moisturize that well. Would not buy again....

on 4/24/2010 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I received a rather generous sample size of this in the grab bag as a birthday gift. The first time I used it I was a bit put off by the smell but after awhile I got used to it and this became a pleasure to apply :). It isn't greasy like a lot of other lotions I use and I actually like the runny consistency. I like the fact that its a lot more natural than the other lotions I use and that it's paraben-free. Will probably purchase a full-size bottle after I run out of my other lotion ^^.