September 23, 2014 | 1637 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2006 2:48:00 PM More reviews by wanderluster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. It has many of the same ingredients in the skin specialist's (Dr. Perricone) formula. It's light, non-greasy, and melts on your face. For the money I think it's the best value on the market.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Alba's Sea Plus Renewal Cream is chock full of incredible ingredients, and it certainly seems to be a wonderful moisturizer for normal/dry skin types ... maybe even combo skin. But unfortunately, I have very oily skin and this cream was a bit too rich for my skin. I used it as a night cream, and although it did not cause me any breakouts, it did feel somewhat heavy/rich on my skin. I am just using this around my eye area now. Overall, this would be a great product that I would recommend for anyone who doesn't have oily skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Scout8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product grew on me. I alternate this product (at night) with a retinol product. I didn't really think it was doing anything for my skin until I ran out of it. Then I noticed a big difference in my skin when I wasn't using it. My only complaint is that it comes in a small tub. I use a q-tip to get it out

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2006 1:03:00 PM More reviews by CelestialBlue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about two months and am thrilled with how my skin looks. I use it on my combination skin at night, I keep it away from my eyes. My complexion is even, no more brown spots and my pores are invisible. I have had many comments on my skin and this is the only thing I have changed. I love the marine scent and that Alba products do not have mineral oil as so many others do. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2006 11:20:00 PM More reviews by erinatwork

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Is it me or did Alba try to make this look like their version of La Mer?! I was really disappointed with this. Ingredients are good, but they combination of them does NOTHING for my skin. I have normal to dry skin and bought this after the reviews thinking it would be a fairly economical nighttime moisturizer. My skin was tight in the morning and it felt waxy after putting this on. When I tried to use it over the areas of my face where I use Avage...OUCH! I only used it twice, and hate throwing away the nearly full jar. I'll put it up on swap in case anyone wants it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2006 8:36:00 PM More reviews by travelhi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WARNING: 1) Inhaling this product upon application on face caused my stomach to rumble & constrict in slight pain. Yes, that's TRUE and horrid. I wonder what will happen if a pregnant woman were to use it as stomach constricting may expunge the baby!!! I don't want to give this any stars at all!! The stomach rumbling & constricting goes on for about 3 to 5 hours and I apply it only at night. I have applied it twice and both times the stomach rumbling & constricting started upon using this product. This indicates to me that my stomach is reacting to the ingredients on the sea plus cream. Mind you, this is simply a shea butter cream. I don't know which ingredient is causing it. This is the FIRST TIME that my stomach has reacted to a skincare product. 2) Also, it STINGS my face. NOT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN & NOT FOR THOSE WITH ROSACEA. 3) I got red dots on my face, ditto 2. 4) It stinks to high heaven, it smelt like old man's hair cream. YUCK!!! I guess those who are in favor of this product have normal or combo skin. VERDICT: THROW AWAY!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2006 3:33:00 AM More reviews by jacks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i liked this moisturizer since it didn't irritate my skin. like others have commented, it didn't break me out and felt nice on the skin. the product wasn't too heavy or greasy. the only thing i could not get used to is the scent. it is way too strong, IMO. typically, i have no problem with scented products and have a high tolerance for them. this was a really good night moisturized, but unfortunately, i will not buy this again b/c of its scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2006 6:57:00 PM More reviews by JennEB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this as a night time moisturizer! In the morning my face feels so smooth and it just looks healthy. I have oily & acne prone skin, but this does not make me break out. It feels kind of heavy as U put it on but it absorbs fast. I only gave it 4 because of the jar, I dont like jars at all, but I still would buy it again and again...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2006 2:23:00 PM More reviews by elise77

Best moisturizer I've tried in a long time! I swear it's given my skin a lovely glow and minimized my pores. I use this most nights and once in a while I'll use it during the day if I know I won't be in the sun. I can see how the marine scent would be off-putting for some, but I've grown to like it. Perfect for the dry winter months.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2006 9:17:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This certainly has some nice ingredients in it for the price, but I could see it was starting to clog my pores and I had to stop using it. I tried to use it up as a body moisturizer, but I found I just could not stand the overpowering smell and the greasy feel of it, so I had to throw it away. I'm really not pleased with this at all in the end, no matter how much I wanted to like it.
The ingredients list as written in these reviews is incorrect. The ingredients are stated incorrectly on many websites, including the place I ordered it from, but here is the correct listing, as written on the package.
INGREDIENTS: Certified organic aloe barbadensis and lavandula angustifolia juices, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), certified organic persea gratissima (avocado) oil, glyceryl stearate, vegetable glycerin, aleurites moluccana (kukui nut) and macadamia ternifolia oils, sorbitan stearate, emulsifying wax, dimethicone, mangifera indica (mango) butter, sorbitol, certified organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, steryl alcohol, stearic acid, squalane (olive), NaPCA, allantoin, alpha lipoic acid, DMAE, echinacea angustifolia extract, sodium hyaluronate, L-ascorbic acid, organic marine complex: chondrus crispus (irish moss), dermochlorella (algae), enteromorpha compressa (algae), laminaria digitata (kelp), macrocystis pyrifera (kelp), spirulina maxima (algae) and ulva lactuca (sea lettuce), certified organic camellia sinensis (green tea) extract, phenoxyethanol, methyl/propylparaben, botanical fragrance. continued >>