December 18, 2014 | 1817 users online

Blush - Stila - Poppy Convertible Color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2005 12:09:00 PM More reviews by haruchan

The Convertible Colours have always been one of the best products in Stila's lineup for me. Although they're meant for both cheeks and lips, I've found that the colours look much better on the cheeks than on the lips. It also has the prettiest packaging, unlike the tacky looking cardboard lipstick tubes. Poppy gives a pretty pinky red blush that can be as sheer or as intense as you want it. It's a breeze to work with. Just lightly dab on about 3 small spots on your cheek and blend well for a lovely hint of colour. Also lasts well throughout the day, much better than Nars powder blush. It is pricey but it lasts you for a long time as you use only so little of it each time. Love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2005 1:29:00 AM More reviews by sosusan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product can look great. However, as other reviewers have noted, you do have to be careful. If applied just right, it can give a very nice, natural wind-burned flush look. It is also nice to dab a little on your lips or mix it with a lip gloss or balm of your choice for a natural bee-stung look. Just be warned, it can make you look like a clown(especially in certain lights). There have been times when I thought I looked great at home, but noticed that I looked bright pink in the lights of a store at the mall. This might not be an issue for someone with darker skin. The packaging is simple and functional. It comes with a handy mirror, and it is more compact than most powder blushes. Plus, even though it seems a little expensive at first, you get ALOT for the money. I have had this for over a year and have only used a tiny portion. I can't imagine ever running out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2004 7:49:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

I love the texture, etc. but the color was just too deep and pigmented for my ppp skin. I'm sure it has the potential to look lovely on me, but it would be more work than I'm willing to put in.

On the plus side, lasting power on the back of my hand was excellent- had to scrub it off with water and soap.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2004 4:18:00 AM More reviews by amystar

This is my first CC. And have to say i am impressed. It can be too red if i'm not careful and once i pat it on my cheeks i have to smudge it straight away otherwise it spreads unevenly. I've been told that this isnt the best CC from Stila. But i love this so i'm hoping the others will be fabulous.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2004 5:26:00 AM More reviews by carine88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is simply waaaay too bright! If I'm not careful when I apply this, I look like a clown or one of those porcelain dolls with big red spots on their cheeks. I've had some luck toning this color down with Peony but this is simply too garish to wear on its own without judicious blotting and blending.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2004 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ericadiva

another cc i love. it is so perfect, it just gives a fantastic healthy cherry flush. it's the only cc i like to use on lips as well. USE VERY SPARINGLY though as noted below, or you really will look like a clown. really. not just in that "oh maybe people can notice i'm wearing blush" kind of way, you will look like an honest-to-goodness clown. to get it on just right i rub a tiny bit between my fingers and very gently tap it onto my cheeks--then you can control it and the pigment is spread out on your fingers first. it is a little dry so you need to have moisturized skin. i'd buy it again except i think it will never run out! you get a LOT of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2004 12:47:00 PM More reviews by SamS1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a gorgeous cherry red color in the pan and goes on exactly the same. It's a gel formula so unlike most Stila CCCs (peony for example) I can actually use this on my lips. In fact, I prefer to use this on my lips because it gives me a very natural, slightly glossy red tint. As a blush you really need a light hand with this though because it is surprisingly pigmented despite being so lightweight and sheer. A tiny, and I mean tiny, dab is enough for both cheeks. Overall, I love it but probably won't buy it again for two reasons - 1) This one pan will easily last me forever, and 2) Since I mainly use this as sheer lip color I would prefer a wand gloss (and I already found it in Chanel Force).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2004 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Bonnie2842

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Poppy is a cool, bright reddish pink, and reminds me of Benetint. Applied *very* lightly, and with the help of some moisturizer, this looks really cute on my NC25 skin. Any more than a tiny dab, and I look feverish. The CCs last all day on my dry skin. Another great thing about CCs are that they actually stain my cheeks and lips, which gives them better lasting power.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2004 11:13:00 AM More reviews by tesora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wouldnt buy this again only because the color wasnt that great for me (im already pretty rosy with freckles). Its a deep red in the compact but goes on a brighter pink color. If i use VERY little on my fingertips I get a good color from it. Looks great with a tan, might look clownish on pale skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2004 3:52:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love convertibles!

I got Peony in a GWP size in a swap and instantly went to get Poppy and Gerbera. (And want most of the others as well).

Poppy is a cool, deeper blue-based red. Use a light hand and it looks very beautiful and natural, and would suit warm or cool toned skin. Use a heavy hand and you'll look like a clown. This actually works very well on lips, almost moreso than cheeks.

Perfectly portable, can do lips and cheeks, the colour lasts, it's sooo creamy...and what a cute little compact!

Full size is $20usd for 4.25 grams and worth every cent.