Stila Poppy Convertible Color

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'abeille, Microcrystalline Wax \Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcrystalline, Octyldodecanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ozokerite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isononyl Isononanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, BHT. /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 34 Lake (CI 15880), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985)

on 2/1/2005 1:20:00 PM

i have MAC NC30 coloring (gold undertones), and using Poppy, which looks like it would result in a blue-red flush, actually yields a bronzy-peachy-red blush. the stain does not last for more than half a day.

on 2/1/2005 11:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really liked this shade, at first I freaked about how dark it looked in the pan, like a deep berry/red shade, but after I dabbed a little on my cheeks, I loved it. It gives you just enough to color to look like you've been outside in the cold and to add the perfect flush to your cheeks.

on 1/29/2005 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The Convertible Colours have always been one of the best products in Stila's lineup for me. Although they're meant for both cheeks and lips, I've found that the colours look much better on the cheeks than on the lips. It also has the prettiest packaging, unlike the tacky looking cardboard lipstick tubes. Poppy gives a pretty pinky red blush that can be as sheer or as intense as you want it. It's a breeze to work with. Just lightly dab on about 3 small spots on your cheek and blend well for a lovely hint of colour. Also lasts well throughout the day, much better than Nars powder blush. It is pricey but it lasts you for a long time as you use only so little of it each time. Love this!

on 1/7/2005 1:29:00 AM

This product can look great. However, as other reviewers have noted, you do have to be careful. If applied just right, it can give a very nice, natural wind-burned flush look. It is also nice to dab a little on your lips or mix it with a lip gloss or balm of your choice for a natural bee-stung look. Just be warned, it can make you look like a clown(especially in certain lights). There have been times when I thought I looked great at home, but noticed that I looked bright pink in the lights of a store at the mall. This might not be an issue for someone with darker skin. The packaging is simple and functional. It comes with a handy mirror, and it is more compact than most powder blushes. Plus, even though it seems a little expensive at first, you get ALOT for the money. I have had this for over a year and have only used a tiny portion. I can't imagine ever running out.

on 12/21/2004 7:49:00 PM

I love the texture, etc. but the color was just too deep and pigmented for my ppp skin. I'm sure it has the potential to look lovely on me, but it would be more work than I'm willing to put in.

On the plus side, lasting power on the back of my hand was excellent- had to scrub it off with water and soap.

on 11/1/2004 4:18:00 AM

This is my first CC. And have to say i am impressed. It can be too red if i'm not careful and once i pat it on my cheeks i have to smudge it straight away otherwise it spreads unevenly. I've been told that this isnt the best CC from Stila. But i love this so i'm hoping the others will be fabulous.

on 10/17/2004 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is simply waaaay too bright! If I'm not careful when I apply this, I look like a clown or one of those porcelain dolls with big red spots on their cheeks. I've had some luck toning this color down with Peony but this is simply too garish to wear on its own without judicious blotting and blending.

on 10/11/2004 1:57:00 PM

another cc i love. it is so perfect, it just gives a fantastic healthy cherry flush. it's the only cc i like to use on lips as well. USE VERY SPARINGLY though as noted below, or you really will look like a clown. really. not just in that "oh maybe people can notice i'm wearing blush" kind of way, you will look like an honest-to-goodness clown. to get it on just right i rub a tiny bit between my fingers and very gently tap it onto my cheeks--then you can control it and the pigment is spread out on your fingers first. it is a little dry so you need to have moisturized skin. i'd buy it again except i think it will never run out! you get a LOT of product.

on 8/30/2004 12:47:00 PM

This is a gorgeous cherry red color in the pan and goes on exactly the same. It's a gel formula so unlike most Stila CCCs (peony for example) I can actually use this on my lips. In fact, I prefer to use this on my lips because it gives me a very natural, slightly glossy red tint. As a blush you really need a light hand with this though because it is surprisingly pigmented despite being so lightweight and sheer. A tiny, and I mean tiny, dab is enough for both cheeks. Overall, I love it but probably won't buy it again for two reasons - 1) This one pan will easily last me forever, and 2) Since I mainly use this as sheer lip color I would prefer a wand gloss (and I already found it in Chanel Force).

on 8/19/2004 7:11:00 PM

Poppy is a cool, bright reddish pink, and reminds me of Benetint. Applied *very* lightly, and with the help of some moisturizer, this looks really cute on my NC25 skin. Any more than a tiny dab, and I look feverish. The CCs last all day on my dry skin. Another great thing about CCs are that they actually stain my cheeks and lips, which gives them better lasting power.