July 25, 2014 | 1760 users online

Polishes - OPI - Black Onyx

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2005 9:34:00 PM More reviews by shanghaisweetie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hmmm...I've come to discover that despite my love for black clothing, black shoes, black purses and other accessories, I'm not a fan of this shade nail polish on me. That's the only reason I didn't give this basic black cream polish a full five lipstick rating - it's just not for me.That being said, when I did give it a go on my toes, it still stood up to OPI's great quality - smooth formula, easy application and beautiful, post-painting shine. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 3:43:00 AM More reviews by glorylight4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an okay nailpolish. It is a nice, opaque, true black, but that's only after applying 3 coats. It was kind of hard to apply, because it goes on really streaky, but once it's on, it doesn't chip or flake that easily. Many inferior black polishes are gray or don't cover so well, so I gave this polish bonus points for the fact that it is a true black, but I was expecting more considering this cost me almost $7. I shouldn't have to apply 3 coats of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2004 1:27:00 AM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best black nail polish I've seen yet, namely because it's very opaque and the color is so deep; you could get away with using just one coat of this if you had to. I applied a base coat, two coats of polish and then a top coat and the polish lasted more than a week without a chip, with a fresh top coat every other day to keep it nice and shiny, just like real black onyx. It looks great on toes and short, round fingernails! Love it!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2004 1:28:00 AM More reviews by moonjem

This is a pretty good black nailpolish. The color is amazing. It apples smooth, thick, and even. I gave it it's 3 lipsticks because of that. Unfortunately, it chips like crazy. I feel like it chips the first second it's dry.

If I ever run out of it, I would probably buy it again because I think it's the best black out there (other than the chipping).