October 1, 2014 | 1789 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Basic Instinct

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2004 11:52:00 PM More reviews by franknbeans82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had the misfortune of being sprayed with this odor by an SA, while browsing lipglosses. I can honestly say it's one of the worst scents I've smelled in a long time. It assaults your nostrils and induces nausea. What's worse is that no amount of scrubbing or masking will rid you of this horrible stench for the rest of the day. It reminds me of a generic, old lady perfume, gag! If I could, I would give Basic Stink negative five lippies. Blech!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2004 3:30:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fragrance is a highly personal thing, and totally subjective. Sometimes we make emotional or other connections with a scent. Like vanilla=comfort, rose=innocent, pine=Christmas. Well, if I were to make an association with this scent, it would have to be, and please excuse me for being blunt "Whore." This is a scent that somehow says "Sex!"without being sexy. I'm not a prude. I adore sex, but it's not a message I want to send with my perfume, and if I did want to send it with my perfume, it wouldn't be this one. I can't identify any of the notes of this because I really didn't take that deep or long of a sniff. It's strong, it's deep, it's got some notes to it sort of like Estee Lauder's Youth Dew perhaps. Just SO not my thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2004 2:49:00 PM More reviews by angelstar381

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first it's a bit sharp & strong - but let it settle down a minute and it quickly changes completely. Then it becomes a deep sexy close-to-the-skin musk with just a little vibrancy - and it smells to me very close to Narciso Rodriguez. I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2004 11:08:00 PM More reviews by uberbabe007

EW. Gotta agree; this is a VERY elderly scent, and, curiously,smells like it's been on a shelf in a drug store for a long time. Not at all what I would expect from Victoria's Secret. This is icky.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2004 9:57:00 PM More reviews by CoverModel

This is one of the worst scents I have smelled recently.It smells like those fragrances that some old ladies wear. Something cheap, non classy. It proves once again that VS should stick to underwear.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2004 9:44:00 PM More reviews by BabyDaiDai

I like the scent. Hard to desribe. Its just one of those scents you smell on someone walking by and want to know what scent they are wearing. Smelled strong at first whiff but cooled down and smells nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2004 10:14:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I just smelled this for the first time and WOW!!! It's been ages since anything "new" has come out fragrance-wise. To me it's always the same modern scent. This is different. Reminds me of a softer Paloma Picasso. Very sexy!! Definitely a real woman's fragrance!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2004 7:58:00 PM More reviews by BootsieMaeStar

I was so hoping to like this fragrance. The bottle is beautiful, but to me it smells like a typical department store fragrance and it gave me a headache. I personally think VS Heavenly and Amber Romance smell the best out of all the VS fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2004 9:58:00 PM More reviews by PurpleFairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great fragrance, and a beautiful bottle. It smells so good! Fairly expensive 2.5 oz for 52 US dollars, but I love this. My fav fragrance in a long time.