Versace Crystal Noir

on 4/13/2010 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Every time I smell this perfume, I go back in time... my sisters and I playing in the garden, on a hot summer afternoon. Weird but That's why i love it.

on 3/7/2010 2:28:00 PM

A warm mysterious scent, that is simply intriguing! However can get too strong...

I had sampled this in the department store once and coudn't stop sniffing my wrist! Fast forward a few months later, and I was able to pick this up for a good price. After a couple of times wearing this I realized that I just couldn't stand it. There is a coconut note in here that is just way too prominent, and irritating to me. If the coconut were less pronounced this would have been a keeper, but instead it went back.

on 2/1/2010 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Well it isnt great!! AND it isnt at all similar to the beautifully crafted Pure Poison!!! no comparison here between Dior and Versace...Versace's fargrances all lack in character...and Crystal Noir isnt any different..the top note bothers me, it almost smells bad to me...anyhow, I guess it isnt horrible, but surely not a top ten!!!

on 1/5/2010 11:44:00 PM

This is an amazing, dark but citrusy scent. If you love CK's Euphoria you will love this perfume. Ps, the bottle is cute too.

on 12/31/2009 11:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I tend to be drawn to more sensual, intoxicating and unique scents. My chemistry does not react well to citrusy light scents like DG Light Blue. Other overly sweet and floral scents like Tresor give me a headache. So when I read from some reviewers that this was a beachy citrusy scent I was a little put off. I'm glad that I gave it a try though because citrusy this scent is not! On me, it smells very spicy (in a good way) and warm. The amber and sandalwood are highlighted on my skin and I feel very sophisticated when I wear this scent. The only downside is the dry down on this fagrance isn't as impressive as the first hour it's on. It becomes peppery after it dries down.

on 12/10/2009 6:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Despite its popularity and rave reviews, I thought this perfume was just OK. It has a strong citrusy note, which may come off a little strong and overwhelming. The staying power is also quite weak. It wears off after a couple of hours. Nevertheless, this is a pleasant fragrance with a presence, which is capable of making the wearer feel beautiful. However, I would classify this scent an a daytime one, since it is not exotic, oriental, and gentle enough for evening wear.

on 11/23/2009 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

From my point of view this frag is the opposite of Angel, and I'll tell you how. If you think about it : You read "Angel" on a star shaped. baby blue bottle; and what you get is deep dark, aggressively sexy and deliriously gourmand. With this one, you read "Crystal Noir" on a vampy, dark purple bottle so you think smoky, sinister and maybe wintery; and what's inside is such a pretty, uplifting fragrance. Actually, this scent makes me think of warm nights in exotic places. And the reason for that is most definitely the coconut. I'd been searching up and down for a fragrance with a prominent coconut note that wasn't simply a gimmicky, watery body spray (yes, E. Lauder is who I'm talking about) and finally, here it is. My nice, feminine, true perfume with a sweet coconut note.
As you probably already noticed, I really like this. Because I'm a sweet scent person, it's quite predictable that I would. This is sexy and feminine and suitable for every time of the year, but I would prefer to rock it in Spring/Summer.

on 11/22/2009 12:26:00 AM

This is such an intoxicating smell! It's one of the most alluring fragrances I've come across, if you enjoy warm sultry scents. It contains notes of gardenia, peony, orange blossom, amber, sandalwood and musk. It just envelopes me in this sweet yet woodsy haze. It smells like vanilla and coconut at some point, but only for a short while since I find that several notes emerge as the day progresses. Basically, very warm and oriental.

Highly recommended!

This is a very nice fragrance which smells predominantly of gardenia with a dry down of amber and sandalwood on me. It's quite a sensuous smelling fragrance with some real warmth to it. However the initial blast of this reminds me somewhat of fly spray.....not disgusting by any means, but not completely enjoyable either. The fly spray smell doens't linger for too long and then settles to a nice gardenia on warm amber and sandalwood. It has a bit of sweetness to it, but it's not at all sickly. I also find that the EDT is not particularly long lasting, which is a little surprising, as with these notes I would have expected it to last a little longer. In any case I have taken off 1 lippie for the fly spray smell and another 1 off for lack of staying power. Otherwise, quite a nice evening or cool weather fragrance in a rather nice bottle!

Popular Fragrances