Paul Mitchell Tea Tree line

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Oleamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Mentha Piperita Oil (Peppermint), Melaleuca Alternifolia Oil (Tea Tree), Linoleamide DEA, Cocamide DEA, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Hedychium Coronarium Extract (White Ginger), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone/Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Lawsonia Inermis Extract (Henna), Simmondsia Chinensis Extract (Jojoba), Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract (Rosemary), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifola Oil (Lavendar), Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Wheat), Panthenol, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium 7, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG 150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Limonene, Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

on 6/24/2008 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am reviewing the tea tree special shampoo and tea tree conditioner.

After using it for the past couple of weeks, I can definiteliy say it should only be used for clarifying. After using it, my scalp feels refreshed and my hair feels light with no build-up. These products should really only be used 1-2x a week since it is quite strong and can be drying after continuous use. I use it once a week, and I have dyed, thick, straight hair with dry ends and oily roots.

Overall I think this is an excellent clarifying combo. It feels great, works well and the smell doesn't bother me and it doesnt linger for too long (it smells like tea tree oil and menthol mixed together). It's quite strong when using it in the shower, but it does fade and it's non-offensive when my hair is dry. The products are typically quite expensive but I got a decent deal at my salon.

on 5/11/2008 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Okay, I don't actually use this product. My fiance's hair started growing back after chemo and I wanted to get him something special for Christmas to wash it. Up until this point he was using his Clearasil face wash on his head (Ugh, don't ask!). In the past he used and loved American Crew and he still does. I saw a gift set of this Tea Tree line and my future sister-in-law said my fiance's brother loved this stuff. So I thought I'd give it a try. It was perfect! He said he really loved it and, believe me, he's pretty picky about this stuff. So I'll definitely get it for him again.

on 4/19/2008 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

It is a very strong shampoo and with repeated use really dried out my scalp and hair. It was a disaster for me and will not use again. I had tons more flakes using this shampoo!!

on 4/2/2008 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

i have flaky, itchy scalp but my hair gets oily easily- i was using head and shoulders and my stylist recommended the paul mitchell tea tree oil s&c to get rid of the buildup in my hair (the head and shoulders left my hair sticky at the scalp but solved the itchiness/flakiness) -------- PROS: -tingling scalp really helps wake me up in the morning - tingling sensation feels awesome and feels like its cleaning my hair out -my hair feels clarified and light - stopped all itchiness/flakiness
---------- CONS: -the smell is a bit overwhelming (peppermint) ----------------- i would definitely recommend this line of s&c.... i almost want to call it my HG

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Awesome, awesome stuff!!! Makes my hair clean and manageable without overdrying. It's also a wonderful, fresh wake-up aid in the morning with the cooling effect of the tea tree oil on my face. It's good to use this about 2-3 times per week to control oil in my hair. Helps control dandruff, too.

on 11/8/2007 11:02:00 PM

LOVE this line. does wonders for my oily scalp and has an invigorating scent that is intensified by the steam of a hot shower.

on 11/5/2007 4:06:00 PM

hey, guys...i go to the paul mitchell academy, so i know all about the paul mitchell products...one thing a lot of people haven't stated is that you CAN NOT use the tea tree line on colored hair. it WILL strip your color. if you use it once a week to clarify, you're fine. but don't use it every day. use the Color Protect shampoo and conditioner every day if you color your hair.

on 10/23/2007 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love PM's Tea Tree line. It smells so invigorating and the shampoo makes my scalp tingle. That makes me happy. I love the shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap. Yay!

on 10/15/2007 8:05:00 PM

I use the Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner everyday. It smells clean and as most have stated it does tingle the scalp. It works great for dandruff control and makes my hair soft and silky. It doesn't do much in the way of volume, but it is a nice cleanser and conditioner. It is good for all hair types. Mine is color treated, wavy and frizz prone, but doesn't dry it out. My hubby loves it too. It will sting like the dickens if you get it into your eyes so watch out for that.

on 10/10/2007 5:20:00 PM

This product seems to really get my hair clean. I love the smell, as it seems to wake me up in the morning. I also like the way my scalp feels after using it. My head doesn't itch as much and I have fewer flakes. I don't think this is a good shampoo line if you are looking for added volume.

Top Rated Paul Mitchell Products