April 19, 2014 | 1976 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Tea Tree line

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by magoomba

This product seems to really get my hair clean. I love the smell, as it seems to wake me up in the morning. I also like the way my scalp feels after using it. My head doesn't itch as much and I have fewer flakes. I don't think this is a good shampoo line if you are looking for added volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by lycn4717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Whats weird is that before, I really wanted to like the tea tree line but Hated it. It made my hair dry and frizzy.

But recently, I'm able to use it with great results!!! I dont know what happened. Maybe my hair just changed??
I used to want the sleek straight look, so the super skinny line was great for me. But now I want a voluminous look, so I switched to tea tree. I like the tingly feeling. volme is medium, but doesn't really do much for volume as the "extra body" line does. But I really like the tingly feeling on my scalp when I use. Its a good everyday shampoo. I only use the shampoo tho. I think the conditioner isnt enough for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by natalierose

Okay, this was awesome for a couple weeks (shiny, bouncy, overall awesome hair), then it started to irritate my scalp. My scalp started to get kind of flaky and itchy, but I though "Huh? maybe it's just the weather change, it can't be my shampoo since it's supposed to TREAT an irritated scalp..." Fast forward another couple weeks, my scalp felt like it was on fire and was leaking puss from the hair follices. I had scabs all over my scalp before it occured to me that it was this shampoo that was aggravating my scalp. Doh! lol.. so I quit using it for a few months and my scalp slowly recovered.

So one day I feel like clarifying and think..."hmmm, maybe if i use it only once a while it won't be so bad." (i have a whole liter of it collecting dust...) NO NO NO, never again. I used it ONCE and my scalp was flat-out MAD at me. I even diluted it so it was only a pea-sized amount of shampoo in a cup of water. Again my scalp was covered with puss and scabs, but from just one shampoo. i don't know if it's the tea tree oil, or the peppermint (my scalp is fine with the SLS) but owowowow nope i will have to find some other way to use this up. Maybe use it for toilet cleaner or dishsoap? IDK.

The price is pretty good if you get the 2 liters for $35 deal. That's the only positive thing I can think of...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by xbtex

I use to have terrible dandruff until one day I was asked my brother's hairstylist, Felicia, to try out this product. I did not have much faith that it would clear my scalp of this pesky condition (which I was suffering from for many years) BUT it did indeed cleared my dandruff! I haven't had dandruff in over a year. =)

Edit (9-23-08): I don't think this a great product for those who have sensitive skin and scalp. I noticed it really made my skin dry out after a few months of washing with this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2007 4:06:00 AM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG material for my entire family!! This shampoo is great for summer months, although my DH uses it year round. It has a wonderful, invigorating scent and removes product buildup. It is soothing to the scalp and feels a little tingly. I find it too harsh to use more than 1-2 times a week with my colored hair. We would never be without this in our shower. Worth every penny - a little goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by faonia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved the shampoo for the first few weeks, but then I noticed it was stripping my hair. Every time I remember using this I cringe.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2007 10:59:00 PM More reviews by kself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

The thickening shampoo from this new line didn't do much for me. I've loved the Paul Mitchell conditioners in the past and thought I would try this shampoo, but it didn't really thicken or do anything except smell great.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2007 3:41:00 AM More reviews by bootsvalentine

I get the generic version of this at Sally's and it is very cleansing and has helped with any outbreaks of dandruff.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2007 7:40:00 AM More reviews by BerlinerPooh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The products I am reviewing are packaged in white bottles and not green (for men). I love the shampoo in summer: it tingles and smells so fresh, I often use it all over the body too ... avoiding "delicate" areas! Leaves my hair super clean and does a great job of removing product buildup. Gentle on the scalp too, probably helped by the additional Lavender and Chamomile. I also like the conditioner although I need a leave-in product on the ends. It is a pricey brand, so worth looking for specials on the internet - some suppliers offer 2 for 1 or 1000ml bottles at a good price. Overall, a great line!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by BridgetJ

Gorgeously clean, medicinal (but still wonderful) minty smell.. is kind to my psoriasis patches, clears any dandruff, leaves hair in great condition. Could not recommend more highly. Just wish it wasn't so darn expensive.