October 23, 2014 | 1889 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by nycgirl191

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read all these reviews cover to cover prior to my purchase, and even scoured the boards for color recommendations. I didn't do a counter drive-by but jumped head-in into Camomile.

The packaging: It really is inconvenient for anything other than sitting on my vanity. I use a little spatula that I stole from my La Prairie eye cream and dab onto the back of my hand. That is just fine, but I can't even imagine the headaches of traveling with this little pot.

The application: I tried the flat-topped brush approach I saw on YouTube, but I found that a previous poster's recommendation of patting it on works MUCH better. I use very little of the product-- maybe a pea-sized drop and get a nice light coverage over my entire face using 2 of my fingers tapping along. I also do my concealer first, like another poster said, and tapping it on both doesn't cause the concealer to move and blends it in.

The color: Although Camomile is the lightest of the warm shades, I probably should have gotten Alabaster. I never pegged myself for a 'Cool' tone because I am asian, albeit a ridiculously fair one. I might still get Alabaster to see how much better it is.

The wear: I've used it for 2 weeks now, and I love it. Unlike my old YSL, which I would not wear on weekends to give my skin a 'break', I don't feel the need to not wear this on a daily basis. I do use a daily moisturizer with SPF, and this goes on beautifully over it. I set with loose La Mer powder and by noon I have to powder my nose (I have an oily t-zone), but I've never found a foundation where I didn't have to do that. It doesn't slide off or get patchy for me.

The coverage: This is pretty sheer coverage. I won't lie: you need to have good skin to begin with. It does cover up the redness around my nose (from allergies) and also my light freckles, but anything darker than that (like old pimple scars) will still show. My skin looks natural-- like ridiculously gorgeous natural skin that still has some imperfections showing through.

Price: Price has never been an issue because foundation is so important to me. However, as I use so little of it (2 wks and I am still scraping from the lid), I feel it will last at least 6 months, if not longer. From that angle, this is a good value!

Bottom line: I love that I don't FEEL it. I think it's because I take a very light-handed approach to it v. using a brush, but the look is very natural. I also have very sensitive skin which is prone to clogging, and I feel my skin has actually gotten better despite the daily usage.

Recommended for: Women who already have good skin and are looking for sheer natural-looking coverage.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Sinders

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Chantecaille foundations. I have ok skin (not great, not dreadful) but hate looking like I have a mask of foundation on. Future skin provides sheer coverage and makes my skin glow. It doesn't cover imperfections but makes my skin look so good that they are less significant. The end result is classy but natural. I do find that if I don't use a powder it tends to disappear within a couple of hours but with Chantecaille loose powder it stays all day. I agree with other reviewers. hat the packaging is not the best (though it look great and at least I know I'll be able to use it all which is not always the case with a pump). But if you want your skin to look flawless then this is not for you.I have fair mid toned skin and use this in ivory.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Ssasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation sat awkwardly on top of my skin and made it look as if I were wearing a heavy mask. My face also started shining like an oil slick almost immediately (I have sensitive combination skin that is a bit more on the oily side). To add insult to injury, it got itchy after a few hours, and I finally had to wash it off. The next morning, I woke up with a few little pimples in random places. I am a huge fan of Chantecaille, but this was a true clunker for me. Try before you buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by amritaanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to foundation. I have it in porcelain which it a pretty close match to my PPP neutral to warm tone skin. It is slightly too pink to be perfect, but really it is so hard for me to find a color match I don't care. The foundation has a great finish- I usually pat it on to my skin and it just seems to melt in. It also works great mixed with a moisturizer for less coverage. Best of all, it usually doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin. I don't really like the packaging, it is a pain to have to use a little scoop to avoid contamination. But I will buy again until I find something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very expensive TM sold as a foundation: it sinks in the skin and provides a natural glow, but if you have dry skin it can be very drying. On the positive it is not streaky and it does not oxidise. Super expensive? Yes. Worth it? If you have a medium complexion definitely not as you can use most of the foundations on the market but if you are PPP (and the choice is restricted automaticallhy by 95% due to lack of shades and wrong texture) you jmay consider this (but there are products by Shu uemura that are far cheaper and very good). Too expensive for what it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Cosmaniac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really didn't need this product, but I have heard good things about Chantecaille so thought I would try it out.I have NC15/20 dry/combo skin and bought Alabaster.

Because this is an oil-free and non-SPF foundation it is imperative that I that I put a moisturizing sunscreen on before application. I love Estee Lauders Daywear Plus SPF 30. Then, I dip just the tip of my Sephora #55 brush into the pot and swirl into the lid before dotting on my face and blending. The coverage is a sheer to medium (and very buildable) and leaves a nice healthy glow on the skin. Not a sparkly mess like many others, just a soft, natural, satin sheen. If I want less shine I will use my MAC MSF lightly over the top.

Every time I use this I am dissapointed with the packaging. A pot? really? I wish they would put this in a pump or even a bottle. What are they thinking? However, because of the finish and the way it makes my skin look natural and flawless I would consider repurchasing. It feels clean, not heavy and even though it is oil-free, my dry skin doesn't feel dry. Perhaps due to the '60% charged water and seaweed".

Recommendation: Get a sample at the counter before purchasing. $68 is a lot to spend on something that might not work for everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by deliakate

Overall, I am pretty pleased with this foundation - I have it in Vanilla. It was colour matched for me in store by a very good SA, so that might be the reason I like it so much. It really melts into my skin, and the colour is PERFECT.
Its not cakey at all, and you don't get that weird thing where foundation can cling on to all the little tiny hairs on your face and make them look more obvious.
The flip side of that I guess is that its not very heavy coverage, so sometimes it doesn't feel quite enough. But maybe if I layered a Chantecaille powder over it, that could solve that one.
I will repurchase, which is quite rare for me for a foundation, because I normally get tired of it long before the end of the bottle! This one is nearly empty, so a good sign.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Quiche0805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was accosted by a Neiman Marcus sales associate this afternoon and the experience was not a pleasant one. I went into the store to try the shu uemura foundation, but I could not find a color match. I often fall between shades, so I was only mildly disappointed. The shu makeup artist walked me over to the Chantecaille counter & asked if any of their makeup would match me. The Chantecaille SA asked me to have a seat & said she would sample the colors for me, even though I did not ask her to do this. Sampling usually means applying a swatch of color to the jawline & blending to see if the colors match. Within a matter of seconds, she had applied Banana to one side of my face and Suntan to the other. The lighting in NM is HORRIBLE because the Banana made me look like a ghost & the Suntan wasn't much better! For reference, I'm an NC45/NC50 (depending on the formulation). Aside from the colors not matching, the finish of the foundation looked like a mask. Another SA thought the Suntan side of my face looked beautiful, but I was NOT a happy camper. I immediately asked the SA to remove the makeup, and when she was done I bolted out of the store & across the street to the Armani counter at Saks! I have tried dozens of foundations & Chantecaille goes on the long list of those that didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by DixieBrooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just love this foundation. I use RAM and it is the only foundation that works with it. My skin looks very fresh and natural and feels light, like I am not wearing foundation. I do find that I get a slightly shiny T zone by midday but nothing that blotting papers can't fix.

I am a NW15/20 and use the vanilla shade and it gives me a lovely warm glow to my skin.

It is expensive but well worth the price tag in my opinion. I know a lot of people don't like the pot because of the hygiene factor but you can control how much you are using and so for this reason it will last a lot longer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay... I know this is supposed to be the "in" foundation right now but it really didn't live up to my expectations. First of all, this was the most I have ever spent on a single foundation ($68). So I was really excited thinking that my skin would look flawless and natural. I have combo/oily skin that is smooth. Within the first 5 minutes of applying this over my moisturizer, my skin felt reallllly dry which is unusual for me. Then only after 30min my skin was super greasy!!! I couldn't believe it. I don't know why this reacted with my skin in such a way. On top of the greasiness, my face looked like a mask. Everything was just weird about this foundation. I will be returning it. Too bad since I wanted it to work for me. Don't get me wrong, I do love chantecaille lip colors and shadows. Ill be going back to my good ol' Armani silk matte foundation :)