September 19, 2014 | 2012 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by amritaanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to foundation. I have it in porcelain which it a pretty close match to my PPP neutral to warm tone skin. It is slightly too pink to be perfect, but really it is so hard for me to find a color match I don't care. The foundation has a great finish- I usually pat it on to my skin and it just seems to melt in. It also works great mixed with a moisturizer for less coverage. Best of all, it usually doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin. I don't really like the packaging, it is a pain to have to use a little scoop to avoid contamination. But I will buy again until I find something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very expensive TM sold as a foundation: it sinks in the skin and provides a natural glow, but if you have dry skin it can be very drying. On the positive it is not streaky and it does not oxidise. Super expensive? Yes. Worth it? If you have a medium complexion definitely not as you can use most of the foundations on the market but if you are PPP (and the choice is restricted automaticallhy by 95% due to lack of shades and wrong texture) you jmay consider this (but there are products by Shu uemura that are far cheaper and very good). Too expensive for what it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Cosmaniac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really didn't need this product, but I have heard good things about Chantecaille so thought I would try it out.I have NC15/20 dry/combo skin and bought Alabaster.

Because this is an oil-free and non-SPF foundation it is imperative that I that I put a moisturizing sunscreen on before application. I love Estee Lauders Daywear Plus SPF 30. Then, I dip just the tip of my Sephora #55 brush into the pot and swirl into the lid before dotting on my face and blending. The coverage is a sheer to medium (and very buildable) and leaves a nice healthy glow on the skin. Not a sparkly mess like many others, just a soft, natural, satin sheen. If I want less shine I will use my MAC MSF lightly over the top.

Every time I use this I am dissapointed with the packaging. A pot? really? I wish they would put this in a pump or even a bottle. What are they thinking? However, because of the finish and the way it makes my skin look natural and flawless I would consider repurchasing. It feels clean, not heavy and even though it is oil-free, my dry skin doesn't feel dry. Perhaps due to the '60% charged water and seaweed".

Recommendation: Get a sample at the counter before purchasing. $68 is a lot to spend on something that might not work for everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by deliakate

Overall, I am pretty pleased with this foundation - I have it in Vanilla. It was colour matched for me in store by a very good SA, so that might be the reason I like it so much. It really melts into my skin, and the colour is PERFECT.
Its not cakey at all, and you don't get that weird thing where foundation can cling on to all the little tiny hairs on your face and make them look more obvious.
The flip side of that I guess is that its not very heavy coverage, so sometimes it doesn't feel quite enough. But maybe if I layered a Chantecaille powder over it, that could solve that one.
I will repurchase, which is quite rare for me for a foundation, because I normally get tired of it long before the end of the bottle! This one is nearly empty, so a good sign.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Quiche0805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was accosted by a Neiman Marcus sales associate this afternoon and the experience was not a pleasant one. I went into the store to try the shu uemura foundation, but I could not find a color match. I often fall between shades, so I was only mildly disappointed. The shu makeup artist walked me over to the Chantecaille counter & asked if any of their makeup would match me. The Chantecaille SA asked me to have a seat & said she would sample the colors for me, even though I did not ask her to do this. Sampling usually means applying a swatch of color to the jawline & blending to see if the colors match. Within a matter of seconds, she had applied Banana to one side of my face and Suntan to the other. The lighting in NM is HORRIBLE because the Banana made me look like a ghost & the Suntan wasn't much better! For reference, I'm an NC45/NC50 (depending on the formulation). Aside from the colors not matching, the finish of the foundation looked like a mask. Another SA thought the Suntan side of my face looked beautiful, but I was NOT a happy camper. I immediately asked the SA to remove the makeup, and when she was done I bolted out of the store & across the street to the Armani counter at Saks! I have tried dozens of foundations & Chantecaille goes on the long list of those that didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by DixieBrooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just love this foundation. I use RAM and it is the only foundation that works with it. My skin looks very fresh and natural and feels light, like I am not wearing foundation. I do find that I get a slightly shiny T zone by midday but nothing that blotting papers can't fix.

I am a NW15/20 and use the vanilla shade and it gives me a lovely warm glow to my skin.

It is expensive but well worth the price tag in my opinion. I know a lot of people don't like the pot because of the hygiene factor but you can control how much you are using and so for this reason it will last a lot longer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay... I know this is supposed to be the "in" foundation right now but it really didn't live up to my expectations. First of all, this was the most I have ever spent on a single foundation ($68). So I was really excited thinking that my skin would look flawless and natural. I have combo/oily skin that is smooth. Within the first 5 minutes of applying this over my moisturizer, my skin felt reallllly dry which is unusual for me. Then only after 30min my skin was super greasy!!! I couldn't believe it. I don't know why this reacted with my skin in such a way. On top of the greasiness, my face looked like a mask. Everything was just weird about this foundation. I will be returning it. Too bad since I wanted it to work for me. Don't get me wrong, I do love chantecaille lip colors and shadows. Ill be going back to my good ol' Armani silk matte foundation :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this foundation at Neiman Marcus and wasn’t sure what to think of the results. At $68 for a small jar, I decided to get a sample first. SA was quite generous, gave me enough foundation to last a week.

Day 1 – Applied moisturizer and primer before foundation. Post foundation, I applied a super light coating of powder to set the foundation in. My face feels too slick, as if the foundation may slide off, though my face does not look greasy at all and I do not get the “heavy” feeling on my face. The foundation gets cakey around my fine lines. Coverage is quite sheer and redness still shows through.

Day 2 – Applied foundation on bare skin. Today, I skipped the primer to see what difference that may make – after all, the lady at the counter did say that no primer is needed with their fancy foundation. I also skipped moisturizer to see how this foundation holds on its own. The result is just OK – my skin is too dry to go without at least lotion under foundation but the dryness doesn’t really show – my skin appears matte and the tone is more even, but coverage is pretty sheer, as was yesterday with both moisturizer and primer. At the end of the day, I didn’t feel as if the foundation slid off, but in certain spots on my face, the foundation caked a bit.

Verdict: This foundation is not for me. I cannot use it without moisturizer because my skin is too dry, and this foundation does not do well with my moisturizer, so I'm parting ways with it. I believe that I could have found the perfect moisturizer to go with this foundation, but I'm not willing to do that because Chantecaille is too pricey to try and make it work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a fan of this foundation!! Although it is marketed more towards dry/mature skin, I have oily combination and just need a little bit of coverage in certain areas. This foundation gives just that, with a satin finish. If I want a dewey look, I don't have to powder on top of it and the color is true and the foundation stays all day. Or if I want a more made up look I can use any powder I want on top and it stays all day as well, no caking no flaking or creasing. It layers extremely well, that it takes the place of foundation sticks and medium coverage concealers, And in the summertime, I can dilute it with sunscreen or moisturizer and it doubles as a tinted moisturizer. It's such a great deal, the jar will likely last over a year for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sbgold

I bought this in Alabaster. I apply it by using a q-tip to dot on my face and then blend in with a flat synthetic foundation brush. This approach provides medium coverage. This gel foundation is a bit thicker than a liquid and goes on more smoothly.