Estee Lauder Maximum Cover

4.2

Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Microcrystalline Wax, Kaolin, Cholesterol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sandalwood Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linoleic Acid, Glycine Soya Oil, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Bisabolol, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Polyethylene, Dimethyl Octenol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Pentaerythrrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Mica, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77288, CI 77189, CI 77163

on 3/31/2007 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Right ladies... (and maybe gents, i know some guys who also wear this)
I am a huge believer in this product it's coverage in my opinion is 2nd to none and believe me i've tried most!
I have light uneven skin tones with the odd spot, large pores and scars on my face so if this works for me it will work for you!
I've read the reviews on here and agree that the hardest thing is finding the correct colour match and mixing with other products is often the only way.

I now have this in 3-4 shades from lightest to med/dark.
now the most important thing to mention is that if you have bought this in the wrong shade all you have to do is go to the estee lauder website and use the contact us thing.. write and tell them you're unhappy with the shade and they send you out a replacement in the shade you want ... you don't even have to send back the original!!! so really you have nothing to lose, i did this and was amazed by the offer as most would never do that!

10/10 for coverage and thats what this makeups all about as it was designed for plastic surgery scaring!!

on 3/21/2007 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Amazing product! A must for anyone with break-out prone skin – either minor whiteheads or serious nodules and cysts.
Unfortunately, I have had both but have been able to depend on this product for great coverage. When I first started using it I found it to be too thick and cakey as other reviews have mentioned, I think that this was because I was still using the same amount as I had with other foundations with my normal concealer ect. on top. I admit it looked bad. But then I started with a clean, moisturized (Neostrata Essential Multi-Defense Day Fluid SPF 15) skin and a tiny bit of foundation and I found that it covered well and I could build coverage on blemishes by “stippling” more product only where it was needed. This is non-acnegenic (I think it is crazy how many foundations are acnegenic) water proof, and has SPF 15- all huge bonuses for me. I use Pond’s cold cream to remove and then wash with Purpose and use Retin A like my dermatologist told me to and have seen real improvement in my skin.

on 3/20/2007 12:06:00 PM

At first I loved this- but then I looked in natural light in the car mirror. And realized that my skin looked orange, streaky, and cakey. I would rather show my acne/scars than wear this to cover them. It does cover well. Maybe this is for super oily orange girls.

on 2/10/2007 7:06:00 PM

This is a wonderful all-over foundation or concealer. I covers everything, and although I have no major issues with my skin, I feel like a good coverage foundation enhances my skin. If this forula is a little hard to spread on as an allover foundation, rub it between your fingertips for a few seconds and it should work fine. I have 2 different shades in this so I can mix them to adjust how much sun I have on my face. Good Stuff!!!

on 2/5/2007 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is too thick to wear as an everyday foundation or to put under even slightly wrinkly eyes but it makes an excellent concealer for everywhere else and, because you only need a tiny amount, it is great value. An absolute godsend for my sensitive, mature-ish, spot-prone skin as it can be stippled on to a blemish over normal foundation and is very easy to blend. It is also seems to be water resistant so good for those too vain to go swimming without hiding their zits. I've been using it for years and will keep using it, as it gives better coverage than any other product I've tried.

on 1/28/2007 5:16:00 PM

It is what is says - MAXIMUM coverage! I feel this product is too heavy for my skin as an all-over foundation, but it has been the best concealer I've ever used. Great for under-eye circles and blemishes. I apply a light foundation (with salicylic acid, for my problem skin) then use a concealer brush to dab Maximum Cover where needed. A little goes a long way, so the price is totally worth it. Anytime I visit home and bring my makeup bag, my mom and sister ask "do you have any of that really good concealer stuff?" My makeup bag is more like a suitcase, but in the event that I have to down size, this is the FIRST thing I grab!

on 1/14/2007 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The best! I use it as a concealer for my tougher blemishes and past acne marks and it covers better than anything I ever used. The color match is good (enough) for my neutral PPP skin, and the packaging makes it easy to squeeze out just the tiny drop that you need. THe best part, though, is the lasting power. This is the only thing that lasts for my wake-up-at-5-am-and-come-home-at-12-am debate meets. I can't say it looks as good as when I first apply it, but dry skin does not deter its covering ability (amazingly enough) and its not even noticable unless you look really closely and see a bit of roughness. And the price really is reasonable if you consider how long a tube lasts. Compared to LAuder's double wear foundation, this is much more forgiving to dryness and covers and lasts better. I strongly recommend this. EDIT: Sigh, the lighest color is still too dark and yellow toned. Plus, it slides off in hot weather. Down one lippy

on 1/9/2007 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin - Oily. Yellow undertones. Acne marks (very red). Quite pale in winter.

This stuff is wonderful. I bought it the first time 2 years ago after my last tube of Maybelline Great Wear concealer was discontinued, and that was the only full coverage concealer I'd found in drugstores. After reading the reviews here I decided to try it, and I was thrilled. Great Wear had terrible color selection mainly because I've found most drugstore brands tend to have more pinkish undertones rather than yellow, but the Estee Lauder Max Cover matched my skin much better. It's more of a yellow I think, which works great for me; but could also work with neutral skintones or pink, if mixed with other shades. I do not use this as a foundation though. With how thick it is, it is perfect for concealing ANYTHING (I have very pale skin in winter and my red acne marks seem to show through any concealer except the Max. Cover), but I think if spread on my entire face it would look mask-like.

This stayed put all day. In fact, it is hell actually getting it OFF at the end of the day, if you don't have the right make up remover. I guess I'm lucky in that the shades Creamy Ivory (for winter) and Creamy Vanilla (for summer) both match my skin enough that I don't have to mix them with other shades. I also wear this ON TOP of foundation. As I think you should with any concealer, it's much easier and more reliable. I apply this with my fingertip, dabbing the area; never using a rubbing back and forth motion; when I do that it ends up looking odd or cakey.

on 11/12/2006 5:33:00 PM

I love this!! I have used this on and off since 2002. I have pretty good skin, but this stuff makes it even better. I have the monthly zit around "that time" and it usually qualfies for it's own zip code. But you'd never know it when I wear this. It says its great for scars, too. I bet. Not cakey, either. Wears a super long time.

on 7/23/2006 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Fantastic coverage! Feels a bit heavy, but looks natural. I have uneven, red, ruddy tones in my face due to rosacea, and the EL Maximum Cover conceals all of it flawlessly, without the need for color corrector. I usually wear it only on special occasions and nights out, but a little goes a long way so it's easy to dilute with moisturizer or a lighter coverage foundation for more frequent use.

Popular Crème Foundations