Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

3.9

New forumula(2011): Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Argania Spinosa Oil (Argan Kernel Oil), Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus Kernel Oil (Apricot Kernel Oil), Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I purchased this since it was on sale. It makes my natural hair roller sets really smooth and frizz free. You only need a small amount.

on 11/22/2011 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

*Will update.

Even though I've only used this once, I can already tell that it's a definite keeper. It gives my hair a nice sleek finish, with close to no frizzies, and doesn't weigh it down. Compared to Biosilk Silk Therapy and CHI Silk Infusion, this is by far the better one of the three. Silk Therapy seems a little drying to my hair, and it doesn't do much in terms of battling frizz. Silk Infusion makes my hair really soft, but it weighs down my hair on the second day, and it feels gross. So I urge you to try this serum out if you've tried the other two, or if you're simply just looking for a good serum! It's definitely worth your time!

on 11/15/2011 11:48:00 PM

***This review is for the new formula*** What can I say about this serum?...Hmmm well it has been my miracle product! This entire line with the argan oil has been the saving grace for my hair...I love the packaging of this, I love the amount of product you get in the bottle, overall I just love it...I have no desire to try any new products out on my hair- this does it all and then some!

on 11/15/2011 8:19:00 PM

This stuff is the best product i have ever used. it makes my hair feel super shiny without leaving my hair greasy. The price is really affortable and I love the smell. It really keeps the frizz down and leaves my hair feeling super soft and manageable. I would recommend this product to anyone.

on 11/14/2011 10:51:00 PM

Okay so basically I really like this serum, but it tends to be a little on the greasy side and makes my hands feel slippery and gross. But it really does make my hair less frizzy. I usually combine it with Garnier Shine Spray. Overall good results. I keep it in my schoolbag.

on 11/14/2011 10:38:00 PM

helps to detangle my wavy hair in the morning before i head out. smells awesome !!! prob will buy it again.

on 11/14/2011 7:59:00 PM

I have really unruly curly hair, and i must say that this stuff really does the trick! It is not sticky, it it lightweight and it smells amazing! I put about one and a half pumps of this through my whole hair and then use a curling cream. Using this in conjunction with any other sort of curling product really makes a difference! such a grand serum and it is so cheap!

on 11/11/2011 11:13:00 AM

This product is really good, it actually compares to my favorite John Frieda serum. I've been using hair serums for about 11 years now and I've tried all sort of brands, high end and drugstore products and most of them have very thick consistency. It never occurred to me to try this one because the liquid seems so thin, I had tried another product that looked similar in consistency but did not help with frizz just added a little shine. My sister had this one in her bathroom so I tried it out, and it was a very pleasant surprise =) I've used it more frequently now and it works really good, my hair feels smooth and with little frizz, I have medium-long, wavy, thick hair and this liquid can control it very well. I still think that John Frieda serum works better for my hair, but I can find this for half the price and double the amount of product... Love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

*THIS IS FOR THE FORMULA WITH THE WONDERFUL ARGAN OIL*

I love this product. Argan oil is my go to hair product but finding a drugstore product that contains a decent amount is hard. Many drugstores carry products that only contain a small amount of argan oil but a bunch of other random ingredients.

This product has argan oil listed as the THIRD ingrident. I was shocked at that AND the price- $5-6. It's crazy because some drugstore products have argan oil products for around $7-10!!! And those products only have a small amount!

I am NOT a fan of the shampoo and conditioner that go with this product. Using all 3 was okay but I had MUCH better results by using a different shampoo + condition with this serum. Honestly, I'd say use a different shampoo and conditioner- whatever is your favorite.

This product with argan oil makes my hair silky and smooth. And it keeps my hair soft between showers (i shower every other day to not dry out skin and hair) so that is a huge plus.

Another plus is that, unlike other serums, you can add this to dry hair and it makes it soft and shiny. MANY serums claim that you can use them on dry hair but when you do it makes your hair weighed down and tangly. Not this product! Wet or dry, it's great.

I was NOT a fan of the original formula of this but I love it now that it added argan oil. It's a HUGE step up and of course I will buy again!

on 10/13/2011 6:48:00 PM

This product surprised me. It really does make my hair 'sleek & shine' without weighing it down. I have very fine, frizzy hair WITH breakage -_-
No other shine serum would provide the moisture and silkiness my hair needs like THIS product. Absolutely reccomend it! Been using it for a year with no complaints! I didn't give it 5 lipsticks because well, it doesn't smell like my favorite scent, mango =p

Popular Styling Products