September 2, 2014 | 2197 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Paula's Choice - RESIST Skin Revealing 10% AHA Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2008 12:49:00 AM More reviews by debbsterina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AMAZING! This stuff works. My skin feels great and looks fantastic. Great product for the feet as it keeps them so soft. I'm on my second bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by ilookcool

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best body product out there. I'm amazed at how soft my body skin is. It's expensive for body lotion, but it's worth every penny paid.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by jamaica57

After using an 8% AHA for a long time, I started using this 10% on my face. I use it every other night, alternating with a 0.025 Tretinoin. This AHA lotion smells a little funky, but it works great for sloughing off dead skin. Ever since I started using AHA products a few years ago, my skin has had a nice glow to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2007 5:46:00 PM More reviews by wonderone

This does a good job of keeping dry, flaky skin at bay, and moisturizes nicely while also providing some antioxidants. I particularly use it on my heels to keep the cracks under control.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2007 7:59:00 AM More reviews by hullaballistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's not that this doesn't work, it just feels funny on my skin - almost a little slimy. I have fairly normal - a little dry during winter skin and purchased this to combat the winter dryness. After using it a few times, I figured out that I probably have snsitive skin as well, 'cos it made me itch and fidget like nothing else the first tme I used it ( and no, I didn't shave!). I've used it a bit since, but can't quite see my self using it as a staple because of a) the strange clinical smell and b) the odd grainy texture and the way my skin feels after a few hours.

My boy likes it, as he gets winter eczema this is one of the few products that will clear it up, even if it stings like nothing else! Would not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! I mainly use PC 8% AHA Gel (that's my HG!) but when I want a little more moisturizing, I use this stuff. I have dry, but *very* breakout prone skin that's quite sensitive to silicone but for some reason this stuff doesn't give me acne at all - actually it helps it, just like the gel. Maybe it's the type of silicone or maybe because silicone is further down the list. Mineral Oil is the second ingredient and my skin tolerates that just fine. If I used this everyday, maybe I'd break out, but occasional use on my face is terrific. I have also used it on my body (I have a few sun spots and acne scars on my neck and back) and I haven't noticed a difference there, but on my face it definitely helps my acne and blackheads and it fades my acne scars.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 3:39:00 AM More reviews by LilithFX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am very pleased with this lotion. I had used Alpha Hydrox's Silk Wrap which also contained AHAs and a high Ph, however that product had an awful spoiled yogurt smell that unfortunately lingered faintly. From the reviews, I was expecting something similar, but I was quite pleasently surprised. To me it does not have much of a scent at all, and whatever it might have disappears quickly. Very fast absorbtion as well, no grease, but one of the most effective moisturizers I've ever used. It keeps my chlorine abused dry winter skin very smooth. The texture is light, but it's quite effective, making this something I wouldn't dread using every single day. I hope to see some more improvements with continual use. I will update after a while. The one drawback however is the price. I can definitely see myself running through bottles of this. I purchased my Paula's from another vendor (someone mentioned the website in another review here) and it was a smidge cheaper with free shipping. Overall, a definite keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2006 7:53:00 AM More reviews by schausj

I bought this for my husband who has ichthyosis (fish scale dry skin). His skin on his legs and arms literally looked like he had scales.

He started using this and the scales are gone. He loves it and this is a man who did no more than put vaseline on to combat the dry skin. He keeps having me feel his arms and legs to show how soft they are.

It really works and he hasn't complained about any stinging and I haven't seen any irritation. However, it gets a little expensive to use every day so I'm going to have him try alternating it with a regular moisturized and see if that will keep the dry skin at bay.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2006 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Alexandra_F

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well this stuff probably does work, but it stinks! Not so much that others can smell it on you I don't think, but enough to make you not want to apply it often. It has a bit of an itchy feeling after first applying it, but that's normal for 10% AHA. Once it sinks in, it feels fine but at first ick. Just DON'T APPLY AFTER SHAVING! I thought my skin was tough enough to handle it but I was wrong. Don't try it :P. Still, this is probably the best AHA body lotion out there, seeing as how Paula's Choice AHA & BHA products are some of the only ones with effective PH levels. So if you just want results & don't mind the smell try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2006 4:57:00 AM More reviews by ocicat

i've been using this stuff for abt 2 yrs and love it. i use it after every shower (or alternate it with ordinary moistriser). it keeps my skin bump-free and reduces ingrown hairs. the smell doesnt bother me much- its a bit sour, but thats coz she chose not to add over powering fragrance to cover up the natural smell. i even use it on my face sparingly (her products are ok to use on body and face, as long as u avoid sensitive areas eg around eyes).
i didnt realise how much a difference this stuff makes until a few months ago when i stopped using it and used normal msoitruiser. then all my ingrown bumps came back. since then, i've used it religiously!