April 19, 2014 | 1611 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by piyo1717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I hear so many YT gurus rave about this makeup remover, and I liked The Body Shop products in general, but have never tried their makeup or skincare products. So I thought to give this a try, the sales lady claims it removes waterproof makeup, even mascara and it's one of their bestseller. In fact, there was only 1 bottle left on when I went, so I grabbed it right the way.

It barely removed my mascara, and I wasn't even wearing waterproof. So I tried again with a waterproof mascara and same thing.... And it does sting my eye a little. Would not be repurchasing this, wish I could get a refund for my barely used bottle. I'll stick to my Lancome Bi-Facial.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by mustbeyv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this product because i was running low on my laneige eye makeup remover and i wanted to save some for my trip and the body shop was also having a buy 2 get 1 free promotion so i was looking around. i just wanted to try their starter kit because they were easy and travel sized but then my friend wanted to get one too so i was like good then i can get this free haha. the sales lady said its mostly camomile oil so i was kind of worried because i hate oily stuff but when i tried it it wasnt oily so im decided to go with it. it has a smell thats kind of like alcohol but not really and it doesnt sting my eye, the sales lady said its the only remover that doesnt sting her eyes as well. compared to my laneige, i think this remover is kind of refreshing because its not half oil half something else, but you do have to whipe your eyes longer and more often because oily is easier at melting the makeup away. so i have to press the cotton ball against my eyes for a few seconds longer but its fine

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2010 7:43:00 AM More reviews by edk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate it. It burns my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by babyintense

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Stung my eyes HORRIBLY... How can an eye makeup remover STING your eyes?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by fabmac1

Like many have said, the bottle is pretty big! There isn't any offensive or over powering smell to this. It's light and pleasant. I did find some stinging when I used this the firt time, but didn't have that problem any time after. Does a decent job removing all my makeup. I always use a separate wipe to remove any residual smears and this helped my makeup wipe off clean. Not sure if I would rebuy this. I usually don't stick to one product and like to try out new things (i'm a marketer's dream LOL) Price is ok ($14.50 CDN) but I got this as part of their 3/$30 promo. Hasn't irritated my eyes thus far. Will update is anything changes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by maashi

Huge 250mL bottle! I was stunned at the sheer size. The smell is pleasant and not too artificial/chemical, does a decent job (except waterproof mascara, but since it is supposed to be gentle, I can't really complain), doesn't sting my eyes. I am used to 2 phase eye mu removers, so this is a little odd to me, but it works so I'll be happy to use it up... and probably go back to a stronger formula next time, but that is just a matter of personal preference.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by xliu4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

*UPDATE* As I'm finishing up the bottle I feel that this MU remover leaves my skin a tight, and a little sticky feeling after I use it to remove my MU. And when I wash my face afterwards if the water goes into my eyes it still burns a little. However, if I put those aside this is a great makeup remover. But I probably won't be purchasing again due to my worry of the tight feeling afterward will age my eyes faster. Which is probably not true, but I'll move on to my journey of searching a HG mu remover.

I think I've found my HG eye mu remover!!

Absolutely not oily, has cool, smooth feelings to eyes, removes makeups effectively!

The first time I used it, it stung my eyes so badly. But then I realized that maybe I poured too much on the cotton pad so it went into my eyes. So now I just apply 3-4 drops on the pad and put it on my eyes and no problem since then :)

I also love how the hole is so small and just enough for a Q-tip to dip in. That way you can control how much you want to pour out.

Love, love, love this. I got it on the Earth Day promotion, which is 20% off everything when you use your own bag. So this is a good deal considering the amount you have! It's gonna last me a LONG time & yay finally a substitute for Lancome!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by eyelashviper27

This product was a lot more harsh than I expected; I expected something that was a lot like Simple's Eye Makeup Remover which is really gentle and soothing.

This has a nice cooling effect, but stung my eyes. Simple's one does not sting at all. It has no greasy residue which is a big plus, but just the fact that it stings probably means I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by hharper11

I HATED THIS! It did what its supposed to, though not exceptionally well. But, the worst part is that it BURNS YOUR EYES! Its supposed to be gentle, but its so harsh! I poured it down the drain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

I LOVE this remover!! I have used it for years and I think it is worth the price, with such a "large" bottle (many removers only contain 50 ml)...!

I have very sensitive skin, but this works very well for me. Does not leave any strange feeling and removes makeup in a perfect way!

I love this!!