Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/2/2014 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

0 creasing after an entire day (8 am to 9 pm) -
USE ENOUGH PRODUCT AND IT WORKS.
Apply it properly and it won't crease.
This is a staple for eyeshadow.
Buy it & recommend it to your friends!

on 11/28/2014 2:37:00 PM

I was not happy with this product. I have hooded eyes and the eyeliner would always end up creasing right away. I've tried several eyeliners and I get the same result.

If you have HOODED EYES: STAY AWAY. The only product that has actually worked for me is E.L.F Eyelid Primer. (Which still shocks me!)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have VERY oily skin (and eyelids). All eyeshadows (even powders) crease on me within 2-3 hours. With Urban Decay's Primer Potion my eyeshadow lasts all day. Even if I fall asleep with my makeup on (I know, its terrible, but hey life happens), while it might "migrate" a bit, my eyeshadow remains uncreased. Have tried a couple of other primers - drugstore brand and Too Faced Shadow Insurance - to varying degrees of success, however none have worked as well UD's. Also, it is a bit pricey for a small tube ($20 or so), however I do find that a little goes a very long way. I use it at least 5 times a week, and the regular sized tube lasts me about a year.

on 11/26/2014 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Adore this product. It is, without a doubt, a holy grail for me.

I was doubtful of eyeshadow primers because I had purchased a few from the drugstore that did absolutely nothing. But, I had heard many great things about this product, and decided to give the smaller size it a try. It's worth the hype, to say the least. After using the tiny version for only a week, I purchased the full size, because I knew that I would not go a day without using it.

I apply this to my lids before eyeshadow, and my colours appear brighter and smoother. It works beautifully from my higher end makeup to my cheapest of drugstore makeup. And yes, it does not crease AT ALL, all day long. I've gone a full 12 hours with my eyeshadow looking exactly the same as when I applied it. Incredibly impressive, in my opinion. I use it every single day, regardless of whether or not I'm doing a heavy eyeshadow look. For natural days, I use this under an eyeshadow colour that's the same as my skin tone, and it prevents my eyelids from getting oily or creasing throughout the day.

Since the holidays are approaching, I also picked the Primer Potion up for my best friend as a present, as she often complains about creasing eyeshadow. So, in total, I've purchased this product three times. The price is definitely heavier, but considering how much I spend on eyeshadow as a whole, I really want to get the most out of each product that I wear. I'm still going through my smaller size, and having used it every day for almost two months, that's quite something. 100% worth the price, without a doubt.

Two thumbs up for this lovely potion!

on 11/22/2014 11:07:00 PM

If your eye lids don't get seriously oily throughout the day, like mine, you should absolutely love this product. Personally, after about maybe 7-8 hours it starts creasing on me, however eye shadow stays for the most part intact, which is good.

on 11/22/2014 11:00:00 PM

I really love this item, somehow I'm not really sure about the price. Because I have really oily lids and I use double eyelid tape(double-sided kind). I use this primer to help my tape stay in place and not get oily. Without the primer, my lids gets oily within 4 hours? I live in Singapore and it's a all year summer and humid weather. But with this it my lids mostly only got oily after 8 to 9 hours. 11 hours max.

Something I really can't live without anymore. But I can't say much as I have only used this eye primer, it did work out very well for me though.

Definitely will re-purchase it.

on 11/20/2014 9:30:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT! It does exactly what it promises, even on super oily skin like mine. The price is ridiculous IMO, but it never stops me from buying it because I know it works.

on 11/18/2014 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I liked this primer for keeping my eye makeup from fading after 12 plus hours of working in a factory.

It's a bit expensive, but very effective. I would sweat and my eye makeup never budged.

I love this stuff, make sure you apply eye balm or eye cream prior to using this so your eyes don't get dry like mine did since I use this everyday.

on 11/16/2014 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Think this stuff was okay. I originally bought the full sized version and actually wasn't crazy about it because I thought it was a bit too "slippery" feeling. However, i got another mini tube with one of the Naked Palettes and it grew on me. After trying other primers, I appreciated how light in texture it was. I DO prefer something a little thicker for a lot of looks though so I tend to turn to other primers I have then reaching for this one first. I don't care for the wand aspect on the full sized, a little goes a long way because it is so light weight and I like the mini tube. I think for the price, I probably wouldn't buy it again, at least full sized. I

on 11/12/2014 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When i started wearing makeup everyday i started with the E.L.F eyeshadow primer. I did work ok for me but not the best. I have oily skin so throughout the day the eyeshadow had disappeared.

When i went to Barcelona i told myself i should try the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion. I had heard so much great things about it. So i purchased it. I had not regret it since then. I love this primer and i recommend it highly.

If you want a good primer you should buy this. Some may think its expenses but its totally worth the money. I will buy this one again!!!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials