September 21, 2014 | 1202 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by sashsvjet

stunning brush, soft yet firm. the first week you have it, it will actually smell like a goat but after a few washes smell went away. im annoyed though mine sheds like crazy?? its gotten better though after a few uses. i want to get the 130 duo for smaller application

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 6:20:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I had never used a make-up brush (and was frankly, quite skeptical) until a friend of mine (who happens to be a MAC make-up artist) recommended this brush.

I actually love it. It really gives me a smooth and even finish and makes my foundation look completely natural, even though I am a make-up amateur.

Although pricey, it's expected to last forever. I wish it had a cover though because I live in quite a dusty climate.

Edit: I do find that it splays a bit too.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

This was the 1st Mac brush I got. I don't really wear foundation,but needed a bottle at the time & the Mua suggested this brush,I'm glad she did. On the rare days I do wear foundation I have other brushes I use but I always go back over my fave with the 187,if I don't use it. I luv the buffed,polished look it gives. The reason I put I prob wouldn't purchase this brush again...I've taken really good care of mine so I don't need another one.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by alicehump

Though my review might seem negative, it is not - 187 is a fine brush but that's it. I am not head over heels in love with it like everyone else here.
It is something that I really tried to love but it ultimately failed to fulfil my expectations. Maybe I was expecting too much? Reading the reviews I was left with the impression it was something outstanding you can't really live without. It's just not that efficient - I have to spend ages to get the coverage I want and my hand kind of hurts afterwards :( I can achieve a similar look with a paddle brush if I use up the same amount of time. Why? I have acne and nothing can look airbrushed on top of that, that's why :)
I also tried it for blush and bronzer and it works fine. I don't have highly pigmented blushes that work best with it so it was a bit pointless using it.
I have been using it for two years now and this is all I can say - meeeh, it could have been better... I also could have saved some money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by shamima

this was my first skunk brush and i totally fell in love, because when it came out it was so new to me. now i don't adore it as much, mainly because it does shed more than stippling brushes in other lines

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by smootsa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i hate getting product under my nails so for me makeup brushes are a must, and this one is a dream ;-) it's so soft and luxurious and perfect for making liquid foundation look airbrushed - i couldn't be without it ... which is a great relief because it was ridiculously expensive :D

of all my brushes this is the one i actually look forward to using ;-)

eta: this brush soaks up a LOT of product so expect to be buying foundation more often ;-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by m4dswine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush. I bought my first one about 6 years ago and loved it so much I bought a second when I went to the USA. I have used the 187 for just about every purpose - for mineral foundation, for liquid foundation (which is makes look amazing by the way), for powder, for blusher, for bronzer... There isn't much that this brush can't do and it is consistently one of the most used brushes in my [vast] collection.

I've recently returned to using it to apply my foundation and I had completely forgotten what an amazing job it does of that. You might think it isn't firm enough to apply foundation well but you'd be fooled - the soft white hairs help give that airbrushed look while the firmer black hairs help distribute the product evenly.

I've had mine for 5 and 6 years, and they are robust, haven't lost their shape, I wash them after every use and they have survived really well.

The only downside I can possibly think of is that they can be a little tricky to rinse a cleansing agent out of due to the density of the inner bristles. But it just takes a little more time and running water than other brushes!

If I ever need to, I will definitely repurchase. The cost may be quite high (30 in the UK, and around the $30 in the USA I believe) but for the durability and use I have got out of these, it was worth every penny/cent.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by GyaruNeko

This really didn't do it for me... I had high expectations after reading this review and was very disapointed with this brush. I tried it on BB creams and powder foundation but although it blended well it SHREADS a lot. This is so disapointing for what I paid compared to cheaper drug store brands this is actually worse for me.

I love MAC products but this was really really disapointing for me. I got it at the MAC store so it is legit but it shreds a lot.

It is soft and does the job but the shredding really annoys me. Also, I can blend foundation/BB cream with my hands or a sponge so this brush is not necessary for me. Waste of money :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush with a pack of 4 brushes - a limited edition set for 54.00$, it came with this stippling brush, a mini stippling brush, a blending brush, and a flat eyeshadow brush. All of them are very good quality, and for the price it was SUCH a steal. Normally this brush runs 45$-50$ (with or without tax) and honestly, that's ridiculous. Even though this brush is a really high quality brush, I don't think I'd ever spend that much on one brush because I'm too much of a bargain shopper. Which is why I'm SOOOOO happy I got the 4 brush set for the price of one! What a good deal! This brush is a very high quality brush - but when I first started using it, it shed - A LOT. I washed it & everything. I washed it again, and it was STILL shedding - which is kind of frustrating when you're doing your foundation. Other then that, this brush is very nice. I love that when I wash it it remains just as soft and retains it's shape. This buffs out my Studio Fix Fluid very nicely, and it's good with other products as well. Definitely a good brush and can be used for several different things.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by nirvana9

i love the effect this brush gives! i just used it for the first time so i'm a definite novice at stippling. this brush works beautifully with my estee lauder double wear foundation. great coverage, smooth & even and little need for concealer. i am wow'ed by how smooth and airbrushed i look