August 29, 2014 | 997 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by alicehump

Though my review might seem negative, it is not - 187 is a fine brush but that's it. I am not head over heels in love with it like everyone else here.
It is something that I really tried to love but it ultimately failed to fulfil my expectations. Maybe I was expecting too much? Reading the reviews I was left with the impression it was something outstanding you can't really live without. It's just not that efficient - I have to spend ages to get the coverage I want and my hand kind of hurts afterwards :( I can achieve a similar look with a paddle brush if I use up the same amount of time. Why? I have acne and nothing can look airbrushed on top of that, that's why :)
I also tried it for blush and bronzer and it works fine. I don't have highly pigmented blushes that work best with it so it was a bit pointless using it.
I have been using it for two years now and this is all I can say - meeeh, it could have been better... I also could have saved some money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by shamima

this was my first skunk brush and i totally fell in love, because when it came out it was so new to me. now i don't adore it as much, mainly because it does shed more than stippling brushes in other lines

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by smootsa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i hate getting product under my nails so for me makeup brushes are a must, and this one is a dream ;-) it's so soft and luxurious and perfect for making liquid foundation look airbrushed - i couldn't be without it ... which is a great relief because it was ridiculously expensive :D

of all my brushes this is the one i actually look forward to using ;-)

eta: this brush soaks up a LOT of product so expect to be buying foundation more often ;-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by m4dswine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush. I bought my first one about 6 years ago and loved it so much I bought a second when I went to the USA. I have used the 187 for just about every purpose - for mineral foundation, for liquid foundation (which is makes look amazing by the way), for powder, for blusher, for bronzer... There isn't much that this brush can't do and it is consistently one of the most used brushes in my [vast] collection.

I've recently returned to using it to apply my foundation and I had completely forgotten what an amazing job it does of that. You might think it isn't firm enough to apply foundation well but you'd be fooled - the soft white hairs help give that airbrushed look while the firmer black hairs help distribute the product evenly.

I've had mine for 5 and 6 years, and they are robust, haven't lost their shape, I wash them after every use and they have survived really well.

The only downside I can possibly think of is that they can be a little tricky to rinse a cleansing agent out of due to the density of the inner bristles. But it just takes a little more time and running water than other brushes!

If I ever need to, I will definitely repurchase. The cost may be quite high (Ģ30 in the UK, and around the $30 in the USA I believe) but for the durability and use I have got out of these, it was worth every penny/cent.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by GyaruNeko

This really didn't do it for me... I had high expectations after reading this review and was very disapointed with this brush. I tried it on BB creams and powder foundation but although it blended well it SHREADS a lot. This is so disapointing for what I paid compared to cheaper drug store brands this is actually worse for me.

I love MAC products but this was really really disapointing for me. I got it at the MAC store so it is legit but it shreds a lot.

It is soft and does the job but the shredding really annoys me. Also, I can blend foundation/BB cream with my hands or a sponge so this brush is not necessary for me. Waste of money :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush with a pack of 4 brushes - a limited edition set for 54.00$, it came with this stippling brush, a mini stippling brush, a blending brush, and a flat eyeshadow brush. All of them are very good quality, and for the price it was SUCH a steal. Normally this brush runs 45$-50$ (with or without tax) and honestly, that's ridiculous. Even though this brush is a really high quality brush, I don't think I'd ever spend that much on one brush because I'm too much of a bargain shopper. Which is why I'm SOOOOO happy I got the 4 brush set for the price of one! What a good deal! This brush is a very high quality brush - but when I first started using it, it shed - A LOT. I washed it & everything. I washed it again, and it was STILL shedding - which is kind of frustrating when you're doing your foundation. Other then that, this brush is very nice. I love that when I wash it it remains just as soft and retains it's shape. This buffs out my Studio Fix Fluid very nicely, and it's good with other products as well. Definitely a good brush and can be used for several different things.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by nirvana9

i love the effect this brush gives! i just used it for the first time so i'm a definite novice at stippling. this brush works beautifully with my estee lauder double wear foundation. great coverage, smooth & even and little need for concealer. i am wow'ed by how smooth and airbrushed i look

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very excited when my mum brought me this back from duty free and wanted to try it straight away. When I applied it a lot of the hair bristles were left on my face and that put me off at first and I thought 'this is one of the expensive stipple brushes why is this happening?' but after a couple of goes it stopped and now I am in love with it as I can use less foundation and look flawless every day in a short amount of time.
It is very pricy but it's completely worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Ravanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Hazel

MAC #187 is the biggest beauty-disappopintment for me this year (so far)!. Positive: Itīs soft and feels very nice on the skin, yes, for this reason I gave a Lipstick.

I "treated" the #187 as careful, as my other brushes which I use very often since years (MAC #116, #109 for example and others from EDM). Negative: The MAC #187 changed shape immediately after washing it for the first time and it lost a large amount of bristle (or hair- however you call it). After drying, the shape was different, lotīs of hair/bristle on the outside stood in different directions and went an bit wavy, sic!

I bought it to apply MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes or Guerlain Meteorites which didnīt work very well (the cheap Kabuki I used before was much better in comparison). I wonder because this brush has plenty of fans, if I have had a brush, that wasīnt proper made, For sure, It was an original one bought at a MAC-Counter! For me, the MAC #187 is too expensive and not worth trying, I returned it and I am happy, I got my money back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush as well I also have it in the se from my Hello Kitty kit and never bothered with them either till I got into BB cream. I noticed I was way too shiny for my liking so I went to MAC. Got some Studio Fix and this brush and omgoodness it's amazing!!! My BB stays perfect and i barely need concealer after either

Pro's
~Blends flawlessly
~You can do heavy to light coverage.
~I'm shocked at how well it stiples and the swirly blend makes my powder look divine.
~I see why others love it and the coverage it gives without looking caky.
~Love how the brush hold the powder.
~The bristles stay in the brush:)
Cons
~Pricy but worth it.
~Have to wash it all the time but that's a good thing. i like to keep it as nice as possible.

Summation it really makes your powder do magic so I will repurchase when I need it and I recommend it. Especially if your healing from acne,redness,skin issues it helps cover those trouble spots really well. It's a great brush and I couldn't do without it:) It's a splurge purchase but a satisfactory one without a doubt.