April 17, 2014 | 1944 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush with a pack of 4 brushes - a limited edition set for 54.00$, it came with this stippling brush, a mini stippling brush, a blending brush, and a flat eyeshadow brush. All of them are very good quality, and for the price it was SUCH a steal. Normally this brush runs 45$-50$ (with or without tax) and honestly, that's ridiculous. Even though this brush is a really high quality brush, I don't think I'd ever spend that much on one brush because I'm too much of a bargain shopper. Which is why I'm SOOOOO happy I got the 4 brush set for the price of one! What a good deal! This brush is a very high quality brush - but when I first started using it, it shed - A LOT. I washed it & everything. I washed it again, and it was STILL shedding - which is kind of frustrating when you're doing your foundation. Other then that, this brush is very nice. I love that when I wash it it remains just as soft and retains it's shape. This buffs out my Studio Fix Fluid very nicely, and it's good with other products as well. Definitely a good brush and can be used for several different things.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by nirvana9

i love the effect this brush gives! i just used it for the first time so i'm a definite novice at stippling. this brush works beautifully with my estee lauder double wear foundation. great coverage, smooth & even and little need for concealer. i am wow'ed by how smooth and airbrushed i look

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very excited when my mum brought me this back from duty free and wanted to try it straight away. When I applied it a lot of the hair bristles were left on my face and that put me off at first and I thought 'this is one of the expensive stipple brushes why is this happening?' but after a couple of goes it stopped and now I am in love with it as I can use less foundation and look flawless every day in a short amount of time.
It is very pricy but it's completely worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Ravanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Hazel

MAC #187 is the biggest beauty-disappopintment for me this year (so far)!. Positive: Itīs soft and feels very nice on the skin, yes, for this reason I gave a Lipstick.

I "treated" the #187 as careful, as my other brushes which I use very often since years (MAC #116, #109 for example and others from EDM). Negative: The MAC #187 changed shape immediately after washing it for the first time and it lost a large amount of bristle (or hair- however you call it). After drying, the shape was different, lotīs of hair/bristle on the outside stood in different directions and went an bit wavy, sic!

I bought it to apply MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes or Guerlain Meteorites which didnīt work very well (the cheap Kabuki I used before was much better in comparison). I wonder because this brush has plenty of fans, if I have had a brush, that wasīnt proper made, For sure, It was an original one bought at a MAC-Counter! For me, the MAC #187 is too expensive and not worth trying, I returned it and I am happy, I got my money back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush as well I also have it in the se from my Hello Kitty kit and never bothered with them either till I got into BB cream. I noticed I was way too shiny for my liking so I went to MAC. Got some Studio Fix and this brush and omgoodness it's amazing!!! My BB stays perfect and i barely need concealer after either

Pro's
~Blends flawlessly
~You can do heavy to light coverage.
~I'm shocked at how well it stiples and the swirly blend makes my powder look divine.
~I see why others love it and the coverage it gives without looking caky.
~Love how the brush hold the powder.
~The bristles stay in the brush:)
Cons
~Pricy but worth it.
~Have to wash it all the time but that's a good thing. i like to keep it as nice as possible.

Summation it really makes your powder do magic so I will repurchase when I need it and I recommend it. Especially if your healing from acne,redness,skin issues it helps cover those trouble spots really well. It's a great brush and I couldn't do without it:) It's a splurge purchase but a satisfactory one without a doubt.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ndeadeas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Ive had this brush for a couple of years (came in a set) but never really bothered with it.
After looking at the reviews again out of boredom I thought id have a go at this stippling everyone talks about. I usually either use my fingers or a Bobbi Brown foundation brush. After applying foundation (cle de peau) I then have to apply concealer to a couple of scars I have from old spots. Well after stippling I gently went over my whole face in light circles and then went to apply the concealer - except I didnt need it! The scars were totally camouflaged. I thought this probably meant I was caked in foundation so took my mirror to a bright window to get a better look - AMAZING. It looked like I was airbrushed and that I didnt have any foundation on at all. It looked so much better than my usual technique. I am so impressed cant believe I was sitting on this little gem for years with no use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Bub777

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush!!!! I'm very heavy handed when it comes to applying blushers and bronzers however this brush has made blush application a dream! It's especially great for heavily pigmented blushers (e.g NARS).

You can also use this brush for liquid foundation application. You simply dot the foundation all over the face and then blend blend blend. It gives the most flawless finish and makes any foundation look just like skin :)

Have had mine for 4 years and still in great condition

This brush is definitely in my all time top 5 brushes!
xx

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My brush is over five years old. I bought it on a whim and have only really learned how to use it in the past year. Even though I wash it frequently, it barely shows any wear. I have never had any problems w shedding.

It is a pretty big head, which is good for liquid and powder foundation, not so great for areas in which you want to work w a small section. It requires a v light touch, or else the product can get really packed into the brush and smooth on unevenly. If you decide to go w this brush, I encourage you to watch some of the you tube videos to learn about the proper technique. I see some folks using it to both stipple and buff. When I use it to buff, I get streaks. For stippling you want to use a v light, v patient hand and go w another brush to buff. This one really packs in the product, and I have yet to use it and create a nice finish.

Because this brush is so expensive and because this brush is MAC, I think the expectations placed on it are really high. MAC 187 is a v good brush. However, for a lot less money, Kashuk, RT, even Sigma, make comparable brushes that do the same job.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Beautygirl48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found my new foundation brush!! This brush is not your typical foundation brush. It has a round shape to it rather than your typical flat shape. A mac makeup artist showed this to me and so far I really like it. It is great for not only applying my foundation but it is great for blending. I felt that my flat foundation brushes just applied the foundation but this brush really does do both! I think it great and my makeup goes on much smoother now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is ok, i prefer other brands for stippling brushes. my biggest rant would be that this brush sheds like craz- ive had it for years and it still sheds every single time i use it and i know how to take care of my brushes.