April 25, 2014 | 928 users online

Stick - Shiseido - The makeup Stick Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2007 9:21:00 AM More reviews by jacks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i'm always trying different foundations, but always come back to this one. it's just so easy and takes no effort. i'm always looking for the one foundation that provides just enough coverage to hide the little disclorations or uneven areas, but doesn't look like make-up. i typically use liquid foundations and although i found some good ones, i don't love them as much as this stick foundation! literally, you swipe it on your cheeks, forehead, t-zone, etc, blend easily with fingers or sponge, and va-voom...the stuff just disappears into my skin and provides the coverage i need. i love how easy it is. and as someone else mentioned, the formula is actually very light and you can layer as needed. i'm dry on the cheeks, especially in winter, but i never have problems with this foundation looking cakey or making the dry areas look drier. the finish is a nice dewy look.. this is my favorite one since it always makes my skin look great without any heaviness...and it feel like my skin is able to breathe too!!
also.. the packaging is chic, travel friendly, and makes the application process mess-free.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2006 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Jany

I have never been a fan of stick foundations but I decided to give this a try as it was ideal to bring along for travelling. this is a great foundation, it goes on smooth and gives you a natural look. turns out well in photos too. it doesn't feel heavy on your skin, you don't feel it at all on your skin like other foundations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 2:05:00 PM More reviews by imkt

I had always wanted to buy this, but I was under the impression that it gave a very heavy coverage. I recently purchased this in O20 and I'm in love. I am used to only using tinted moisturizers, but this does a nice job evening out the red areas on my face. It looked totally natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2006 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Genitalien

I was already a big fan of the fluid foundation, and because I was always used to using fluid foundations I never thought of trying a stick foundation. The fluid version has a matte finish and it could be a little drying during the wintertime, so then I tried a sample of the cream version. I found it too sticky and started experimenting with other really expensive foundations (Guerlain-too shiny and too orange, and Shu Uemura-made me too oily) but I finally decided to buy the stick version as I thought it would be less drying, but also less sticky than the cream version. I already knew the colour I20 was a perfect match and lo and behold! I just love this stick foundation!! The idea of a stick foundation never really appealed to me, but it's just lovely! It's so easy to use and the finish is absolutely wonderful! It doesn't even make my oily skin any oilier! I might go back to the fluid foundation when it's summer, but for the colder months, this is it. Big raves for shiseido!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2006 8:27:00 AM More reviews by furiousjen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Been using this for years. My skin tone matches I20 well and you can control the amont of coverate. the packaging is chic, hygenic, and portable, lasts a pretty long time (I use it nearly every day and a stick lasts me about 3-4 months) and if it's ever discontinued, there will be tears and protests by me! Every time I get bored and want to try a new foundation, I'm invariably disappointed so I come right back to the Shiseido. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2006 10:55:00 AM More reviews by captinlizi1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this foundation due to the great reviews on MUA, and I've become a Shiseido stick convert! I love the case, very chic and solid, and the gel stick formulation blends well and can be left quite sheer or built for more coverage. I'm a huge fan of the Control Colour, which is great for brightening around the eye and evening out redness--just an amazing product. I sometimes use it under the light ivory colour, or sometimes just by itself, since it blends invisibly. It's a bit pricey, about 35 dollars Canadian, but for such a great product, I'll try to buy it at bonus time! Thanks again MUA'ers for pointing me in the direction of a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2006 10:39:00 PM More reviews by my_moomoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use Clinque city stick...then they discontinued it SIGH. Anyways, I bought this as a replacement. The color matches my skin perfectly and it does a good job at evening out my skin tone. On the other hand it doesn't cover like a concealer for those nasty imperfections so you would need something else for that. After about two hours I am all shiny but it doesn't melt. I use EL aeromatte on top. The fragrance is very strong but I like the smell.

Overall I like this product - not perfect but it's well worth the price for something that matches my skin tone. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2006 1:16:00 PM More reviews by TsetseFly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually don't wear any foundation and rely on good concealers (Lancome or
Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Concealer) to cover my 1 or 2 acne marks... But now that I'm pregnant- I am breaking out consistently and the red marks don't fade fast enough before another pimple appears. I tried the Chanel Creme foundation and it worked ok but still didn't really make my skin look even... After some research, I bought the Shiseido stick foundation after trying it out at the counter and it made my skin look natural, healthy and perfect!!! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2006 12:24:00 AM More reviews by MsLips

This foundation rocks! I love how it enhances my skin. It goes on like nothing! I love this stuff and I love this site because I really wanted a foundation stick and read reviews here. I go here before i buy anything. This stuff is awesome! I hate that it's 35 bucks though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2006 12:01:00 PM More reviews by azukigirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the product itself. It is slightly thicker than other foundations (liquid and creme) but still goes on very smoothly and doesn't cake up towards the end of the day. I like it for its extra coverage for my freckles. It's easy to apply.
My only complain is that I have a hard time finding match with Shiseido products. I would imagine that being Asian, and Shiseido an Asian brand, I would have a perfect match. But no, it's either too much pink or too yellow. If only they have my shade.