December 18, 2014 | 1220 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Arena

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by sherylal24

I bought this in NYC at Macy's. I use it as a base color with Cordouroy in the crease and boy, does that make your eyes pop!! It really brings out the green in hazel eyes where people notice your eye color not the eyeshadow! Love this eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by starburstisl

This is such a wonderful colour, really peachy and warm which suits my asian skin. I use it for daytime when I want a really natural look and a wash of my this on my lids draws attention to my eyes without looking OTT, also like the satin finish which isn't sparkly and not too shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I adore Arena. I'm a pale NC 15 and Arena looks like sun bleached terracotta on me, in a good way! I don't get "orange" at all, just "warmed". I'm a big terracotta fan and it's hard to find a workable terracotta for pale skin, but I digress.....
The shimmer is barely detectable, which I think is better for a shadow this light. It goes on smoothly. I use Arena as either a lid shade or a crease shade, paired with Ricepaper for summer days or Romp for winter. It really only goes with neutrals as it is such a strong shade on it's own. It also looks great with heavy brown liner, and Mulch or Sable for a smoky night look. It wears beautifully with Mac Peachykeen, Gingerly, Melba and Tenderling blushes.

*Arena is great for days when you want to wear brown or red lip colours!! It really brings out green eyes and warms up my pale skin. I wasn't hot on it when I first saw it, but once I got it on and saw how it looked with various products I knew it was a new staple. I hope it's never discontinued because I have never seen another shade like it!
You notice a lot of characters and anchors on TV wearing similar shades to Arena, which must mean it photographs well and is good on many skin tones. I can see why people would be wary of it, but seriously, try it out and see what you think. You may be pleasantly surprised as I was!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2008 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Seary_Fairy

I bought Arena when I was first getting into MAC shadows, and bought this site unseen after looking only at swatches. I thought it'd be slightly more pinker in colour for some reason. This is a true warm apricot colour with a hint of a golden sparkle, no pinks at all. It's a gorgeous colour. Satin finish is lovely. I've probably only used it a handful of time though because for some reason it just doesn't suit me very well, or at least other colours do better. For me personally, I think it suits me better when I don't use a base with it, so it's just a hint of colour on the lid. I'm MAC C3 eurasian with brown hair and eyes for reference. Although gorgeous, not one of my faves or staples so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2007 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Aceberg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm sort of on the fence about this eyeshadow. I really love the colour and finish, its a perfect neutral for day time (not to OTT) and works wonderfully as a highlight on my brow bone as well. Wonderful for those with darker skin (I'm an nc44). However it creases on me badly. But then which eyeshadow doesnt? I have oily lids and anything with a slight shimmer or sheen will crease on me, so its not really the eyeshadow's fault. Would repurchase (if I ever run out)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2007 8:22:00 AM More reviews by gimmeglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this shadow! I recently posted that it wasn't for me, but after using it more, it's become one of my favorites. There are so many different colors you can pair it with to get different looks. I love it for a fresh-faced look, paired with MAC's White Frost, and for work, I wear it paired with MAC's Bronze. I also love wearing it to the beach, just a great shade you can do so much with. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i LOVE arena. i'm an nw43 and it works great on me!! i was hesitant at first because my skin is super oily and i don't like the look of frosty shadows and they usually don't last even with the best eyeshadow base...not so with arena. for the longest i looked for a nice overall lid color after a color i loved by iman (a banana color) was discontined. i even bought mac chrome yellow which i like but arena is perfect for a more natural, less shocking look that i achieve with the chrome yellow. arena is described as a soft muted golden peach with opalescent shimmer (satin) but don't let that scare you. also i think it looks darker on the web than it does on my eyes. i like the satin shadows for my oily skin. i hope they never discontinue arena...it's perfect for me!!!

***UPDATE*** i've been wearing this for days and i love it even more. it's great on me!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2007 7:44:00 AM More reviews by zori

Arena eyeshadow is an apricot colour with a hint of golder shimmer. I usually use this as a wash over my lids for a simple office look and at nights I use Penny shadestick as a base before layering Arena over it for a nice coppery effect. I am pretty warm toned so this does not look orange on me at all but really brightens my face and makes my brown eyes pop! Would definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2007 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Hanyougirl

Ugg, I bought this on an impulse, and boy was it a mistake. On my pale cool toned skin this was so very, very orange. It was atrocious. And shimmer? None that my eye can discern, looks matte in the pan and matte on me. Hopefully I'll swap mine away :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Arena is a perfect, natural, MLBB eyeshadow for me! It is sort of a creamy-peachy-orange color, yet it doesn't scream ORANGE on my lids! I have brown shadows (ie. Wedge, Woodwinked, BB Taupe) that scream ORANGE on me more than Arena, which looks more orange in the pan. (Strange... becuz I use an eyeshadow base, too.)Anyway, I would definitely repurchase if available. Arena kind of matches the highlights in my dark brown hair, which is probably why this is such a workable color on my lids. TIP: Looks nice with Naked Lunch on the brow bone and inner eye corners, and Aria in the crease. Nice daytime look. continued >>