October 20, 2014 | 1734 users online

Eye Primer - Mary Kay - Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Kendall420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now I will first say that, I have never tried any primers other than this one. I got this for 8 dollars with shipping included on Ebay. I had watched a lot of YouTube Videos with UDPP and TFSI and wanted something similar but not too expensive. I think that using this product vs. bare skin makes eyeshadow more vibrant. Just to be sure, I did some swatches on my hand. Also, I think it makes eyeshadow much easier to blend. One day I forgot to put on the primer and got very frustrated that my eyeshadow was not blending well. As far as staying power, I had to take off one lippy. While it does make the shadow stay a bit longer than on bare skin, it still looks faded to me after a few hours. I also had to take off a lippy for creasing. And one last thing, you must put on your shadow almost immediately after applying to your lid. I put mine on after letting the primer dry for about 15 to 20 seconds. I am looking forward to trying UDPP to see if there is any difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ivette1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this and it's not as expensive as other shadow primers. Only $12!! A little goes a long way, and my eyeshadow doesn't crease, and stayed on all day. Will definitely repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by jodee4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

This cost me $20 and it was soo tiny. Packaging was decent, last me a good 6 months. Made shadows stick *almost* all day, but u have to apply eyeshadow right after u put on the primer. I thought the amount u get for the price u pay was a bit stupid, but I might buy this again since it's available locally and unlike udpp don't have to get it shipped in.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by kiraud

I got this product last night and I tested it on the back of my hand and its amazing how vibrant the colors went on with this vs. Loreal Decrease! Decrease is good for staying power I think but this is amazing for vibrancy. I tried it today on my lids for the first time with EDM shaddow. I have been having issues with EDM shaddow latley that it looks muddy on me after a while and the color changes really quickly. This primer seems to help a little but the shaddow doesnt look the same as it did at application. From what I understand these shadows are pretty bad for this for lots of people. I will try tomorrow with another pressed shaddow!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by AluFamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If anything, this made my eye shadow disappear faster. Is very watery in texture. Takes a long time to dry. Made my eyelids even more oily. Good thing I only paid $4 on Ebay for it. Really useless...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The packaging was better than my udpp which is probably the only good thing about it. It's in a squeezable tube. It is white and is basically invis when you put it on but it dries slow. My eyeshadow did crease just as if I didn't put on a primer if not worse since it took so long to dry. It crease on L'oeal hip shadow and on Mac shadow just the same so shadow quality was not a factor. It's also expensive for a primer that doesn't work. I'd rather pay a little more for something with worse packaging if the product works.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by missamerika67

I love this! Works Great, and no longer have icky creases in my eyeshadow. Not to mention, you get alot of uses from such a small package, I've been on the same tube since December!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by playsindirt

This stuff is hella greasy and takes forever to dry. And I also think it makes everything you put on top flake.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by pactdancw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is average for me. It does work well in the morning but by mid-afternoon or early evening, I feel it's like I didn't even use an eye primer. I much prefer Laura Mercier or even Bare Escentuals.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by darcy123

This product works moderately well. Without primer, eyeshadow creases on my lids by about noon and looks progressively worse as the day wears on. In the summer heat, I might as well not wear any. It's been really humid recently and my eyeshadow still looks OK by the evening when wearing this primer. I still get some creasing, but it's not that bad. I like that this product comes in a tube (sanitary and easy application), is a white, matte cream, and isn't overly expensive. If you have only slightly oily lids, this might work. If your lids are really oily, you won't like this product.