Mary Kay Eye Primer

3.7

on 1/9/2009 6:16:00 PM

I have completely changed my mind on this product after using it for a longer period. (I had stated that it just seemed like an unnecessary extra step.) My eye makeup lasts longer when I use it.

on 1/5/2009 5:51:00 PM

Now I will first say that, I have never tried any primers other than this one. I got this for 8 dollars with shipping included on Ebay. I had watched a lot of YouTube Videos with UDPP and TFSI and wanted something similar but not too expensive. I think that using this product vs. bare skin makes eyeshadow more vibrant. Just to be sure, I did some swatches on my hand. Also, I think it makes eyeshadow much easier to blend. One day I forgot to put on the primer and got very frustrated that my eyeshadow was not blending well. As far as staying power, I had to take off one lippy. While it does make the shadow stay a bit longer than on bare skin, it still looks faded to me after a few hours. I also had to take off a lippy for creasing. And one last thing, you must put on your shadow almost immediately after applying to your lid. I put mine on after letting the primer dry for about 15 to 20 seconds. I am looking forward to trying UDPP to see if there is any difference.

on 1/3/2009 5:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this and it's not as expensive as other shadow primers. Only $12!! A little goes a long way, and my eyeshadow doesn't crease, and stayed on all day. Will definitely repurchase again and again.

on 12/29/2008 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

This cost me $20 and it was soo tiny. Packaging was decent, last me a good 6 months. Made shadows stick *almost* all day, but u have to apply eyeshadow right after u put on the primer. I thought the amount u get for the price u pay was a bit stupid, but I might buy this again since it's available locally and unlike udpp don't have to get it shipped in.

on 11/16/2008 7:34:00 PM

I got this product last night and I tested it on the back of my hand and its amazing how vibrant the colors went on with this vs. Loreal Decrease! Decrease is good for staying power I think but this is amazing for vibrancy. I tried it today on my lids for the first time with EDM shaddow. I have been having issues with EDM shaddow latley that it looks muddy on me after a while and the color changes really quickly. This primer seems to help a little but the shaddow doesnt look the same as it did at application. From what I understand these shadows are pretty bad for this for lots of people. I will try tomorrow with another pressed shaddow!

on 10/13/2008 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

If anything, this made my eye shadow disappear faster. Is very watery in texture. Takes a long time to dry. Made my eyelids even more oily. Good thing I only paid $4 on Ebay for it. Really useless...

on 9/2/2008 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

The packaging was better than my udpp which is probably the only good thing about it. It's in a squeezable tube. It is white and is basically invis when you put it on but it dries slow. My eyeshadow did crease just as if I didn't put on a primer if not worse since it took so long to dry. It crease on L'oeal hip shadow and on Mac shadow just the same so shadow quality was not a factor. It's also expensive for a primer that doesn't work. I'd rather pay a little more for something with worse packaging if the product works.

I love this! Works Great, and no longer have icky creases in my eyeshadow. Not to mention, you get alot of uses from such a small package, I've been on the same tube since December!

on 8/27/2008 11:30:00 AM

This stuff is hella greasy and takes forever to dry. And I also think it makes everything you put on top flake.

on 7/28/2008 8:47:00 PM

This product is average for me. It does work well in the morning but by mid-afternoon or early evening, I feel it's like I didn't even use an eye primer. I much prefer Laura Mercier or even Bare Escentuals.