August 1, 2014 | 1773 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

One tablespoon of this before a run, and boom, I'm the Flash. But seriously, two teaspoons a day has helped me drop excess bloat. It also helps with heartburn. I wish I would've known about this years ago.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by misspash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I am a 23 year old finding something to help with my acne. Since I moved to PA, my skin has been weird. I have more acne now and I have small little bumps (closed comedones) . I have never used a toner before & thought that this might help me with those issues. I knew it wouldn't be a cure, but at least it will help. I was so excited to try it although I have heard that it stinks! I have officially used it for a whole month, morning & night after washing my face. It has done nothing for me. But it did help for the first two weeks. My skin was clearing up, but then on the third week, everything came back. :( I was devastated and so sad. But I know you have to stay patient in order to see results... but I have given up. I need to try something different now. I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin but it didn't burn/sting my face. Give it a try! It might work for you. :) And like I said, this is something to help with acne, not something that will cure it! Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by morgalynn

Apple cider vinegar saved my skin! I have had acne for several years, ranging from mild to severe, and it feels like I've tried everything to keep it under control from OTC face washes to medication prescribed by a dermatologist. I started using the Acne.org regimen about a year ago and after a few months of using it religiously, my face was probably 90% clear. While this was great, the regimen was also extremely time consuming and drying. Then a few months ago it just stopped working, and I broke out really bad. I decided to quit using so many chemicals on my skin and I started using only water to wash my face. This lasted two weeks and my acne was the worst it had been in ages, but I knew that this was my skin healing itself from years of chemicals. Then I started to wash my face with a gentle cleanser in the morning and used a DIY toner afterwards that was half apple cider vinegar and half water. I apply this using a cotton ball or toilet paper. If I have a big pimple, I'll apply straight ACV with a cotton swab. In just a week, my acne has cleared up 70%. My forehead still has a lot of small bumps, and there's a few on my cheeks, but I have barely any redness and I've found that my face is a lot less oily since starting this regimen. This is such a simple and natural way to achieve better skin, and I would recommend it to literally anyone with problem skin. I'm confident that my acne will only get better from here (excluding any sort of purging that I might experience in the near future) and I'll update in a few weeks with any improvements/changes that arise.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So, I don't use this for my face because I'm happy with lemon juice (see my review) but this is an excellent hair remedy. Whenever my hair feels dry or "off" I like to use this as final rinse after using conditioner. Makes hair soft and shiny! I've also heard that it helps keep colour from fading; I just dyed my hair red with manic panic so we'll see if it helps "seal" the red in!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by rpalmer8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Truly amazing stuff. I have never written a review for any acne clearing remedy, but I knew I needed to after the results I got from using Bragg's Raw Unfiltered apple cider vinegar.

Once you get past the smell, there are really no cons. I've been using it full strength (my skin isn't too sensitive) with a cotton ball morning and night for only about 4 days and I'm shocked at its ability to stop breakouts (specifically my initial break out from starting bcp) and it has already started to fade the new scars I was getting from popping the pimples.

At night, I also apply lemon juice with the acv on the scars and wash it off in the morning. I have been drinking a lot of water every day and have been fairly eating well (not a lot of junk food, limited processed sugar, lots of fruits and veggies).

I also take 1 teaspoon internally every morning on an empty stomach and follow with a lot of water to flush out toxins.

Bottom line: GIVE IT A CHANCE. it makes your skin so soft and really helps with oil control. If you have oily skin, don't apply a moisturizer after the acv. It isn't very drying and your skin with naturally produce a small amount of oil to protect itself.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by angsw8

I started using this as an toner a few months ago and I really haven't seen any results. Overall I did make my face look much cleaner, but I didn't see a reduction in my acne. I really like the product, but if I'm being honest it did nothing to get rid of the acne I already had and to prevent acne that I continued to get.

I've had other friends and family members who have seen great results with the product, but it just wasn't for me.

And for others out there who haven't seen great results, I would recommend to stop using the product if you don't see results within 2 weeks. Using this product for a couple of months only delayed the healing process of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

I read about the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar in terms of boosting metabolism and helping insomniacs. It is also known to help problems with stomach indigestion. I only recently found out about people using this as a miracle cure for pimples and hair dandruff. I am not really sure about these other uses,but I may give it a try.

Bragg's brand is great because it is unfiltered and not pasteurized. The vinegar is high in vitamins and minerals available in apples. And it is organic, without preservatives. I got mine from Vitacost for a reduced price when bulking two large bottles. I have been adding about 1-2 tablespoons to my daily salads. I know others drink this right out of the bottle or mix it into juice. Maybe I will try it sometime, as it is healthy.

Overall, I really, really like this product. It tastes pretty good in salad, though not as great as red wine vinegar :) And it is really healthy for you. I like at-home natural remedies, so this fits the bill. I also saw this selling at Whole Foods. Don't think this is a magic potion. But I consume it because I believe the health benefits. Will repurchase. $9/bottle

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by mdgaugler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've struggled with acne for a while and after going on birth control to hopefully banish the problem once and for all, i just broke out even more due to the new hormone imbalances i'm now putting my body through. i read about the endless benefits of organic apple cider vinegar, and with one of them being for your skin, i gave it a try. i began drinking 2-3 tablespoons daily and using a 50/50 diluted toner twice a day. i started about a week and a half ago and i broke out more than usual when i first started, but i kept going with the regimen. my initial break out went away after a few days and my skin has only gotten better since! My scars are lightening up significantly and the amount of pimples that pop up each day are reducing as well. I'm definitely sticking with this and will hopefully only see more improvements! It's definitely worth a try, it's natural and has wonderful other benefits towards a healthy lifestyle.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by acnepimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best part about ACV is that along with skin benefits, you get a TON of other health benefits for the rest of your body.

But if anyone is interested in finding where to buy apple cider vinegar, there is a great article here http://acne-pimples.net/populartreatments/find-apple-cider-vinegar/

It also goes into a more depth about why it works for acne and different ways to use it on your skin, hope it helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by sept27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have heard so many rave reviews on this product that I had to try it! The day I used it, I experience what I thought was the worst bought of acne I had ever experienced. My usually oily skin was dry and scaley and so so red! As the days progressed, I tried to find something that would save my terrible looking skin. I knew it couldn't be purging because I use all organic products and do a mud mask bi-weekly. Then it hit me: I'm allergic to apples and this "acne" was actually a rash from the allergic reaction I was having! As a hair rinse, I really did love this product, however I can not continue using this due to the rash that I have developed :( I really wanted to love this product :(