November 22, 2014 | 1967 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Elisia0916

In terms of a clarifying shampoo I give this a 100! My hair had really built up some gross residue and buildup, and usually I would just deal with it, but after reading so many good ACV reviews I decided to try an ACV rinse and I am so happy that I did!!! It's super cheap, especially for a clarifying shampoo, and super easy to create the rinse--I used a 1:1 ratio--and super easy and quick to apply in the shower---and just so, so worth it. I am so happy that I discovered this. My hair feels totally brand new. SO, so light--which i really adore. And that gross spot in my hair with the heavy buildup is totally residue free and so clean. I am just so happy with this--everyone needs to try it. So effective and so cheap!

In terms of using it as a facial toner...I would give it a 3? In the beginning I loved it! My skin is really oily, and it goes extra crazy when the seasons are changing like right now....so at first it seemed to work really well. It DID dry out my skin, but not in a bad way. It just seemed to dry out the excess oil, but didn't try it to any kind of bad extreme. However, now it seems like its lost its potency? My skin has been gross and oily again. In terms of oil control, recently I have noticed that my skin does like new products, but then as I rely on them as my HG, my skin rebels and is gross and oily again. Maybe it not a problem of products being consistent, its just that my skin is so inconsistent! Yuck! Over all though, I definitely think that this is worth a try. And regardless, I am still continuing to use everyday. What the heck--why not? So easy. But! It does leave my skin feeling incredibly soft! Which is nice. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by JLams123

I'm 19 . I've never had very bad acne but i do breakout in the same spot...and recently it got so frequent that there wasn't a time i didnt have pimples there (upper left cheek by hairline) I've tried alot of things. BP worked for a while back in highschool but now it just causes my already red acne to become more irrated and the skin around it. I scar very easily and every pimple there, picked or not, leaves a red mark. So i started Apple Cidar vinegar probably 2 weeks ago and i really like the results. I use it in the morning and afternoon as a toner mixed with green tea, and honey. Since using this i have no used ANY other products. I stopped using my expensive Aloette moisturizer as well as any topical creams. I have not broken out in that spot since. Normally i would moisturize my face at least twice a day, but since using ACV my skin has felt alot softer and never feels dry. Theres been a couple days i've skipped and i still haven't broken out in that spot. So overall i'm very happy with it. I also make a exfoliator using this, green tea, honey and white sugar. My skin feels AMAZING after that. Now i have a few random small pimples in other places around my face and neck that i normally don't breakout in...so i don't know if that is from the ACV but whatever at this point i am happy with this

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use apple cider vinegar mixed with water as a toner, and I think it works great and LOVE that it's sooo cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by buttermywaffles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the product as a toner for my chest and back, I recently started drinking a tablespoon a day to help my facial cystic acne, but that was only a few days ago and don't feel a review is in order...

OK, so I have bad skin on my chest and back. I have a closet of as many interesting pieces as possible that can hide both your chest and back without wearing a stupid t-shirt every day because my chest and back acne is to the point where I never wanted anyone to see those areas. I DREAD holidays like the Fourth of July where I know I will have to wear a swimsuit around friends and family. Anyway, I tried a lot of things on my chest and back, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, nightly cleaning with my Clarisonic, Proactiv, nightly application of azelaic acid and Retin A Micro, antibiotics, 10 years of different birth controls, lemon juice as a toner, every Mario Badescu product under the sun... and so on and so on... anyway, this summer I began to seek out nice and happy, less horrifyingly chemically convoluted ways to rid myself of acne. In this vein, I started applying the Bragg brand raw organic unfiltered ACV on my chest and back with a cotton ball morning and night. My level of acne decreased veeeery slowly. It was so continuous though that I kept with it. I started it out of desperation of the impending swimsuit season in June, and probably by now, the end of September I can say it keeps me about 95% clear.

I recently got a bit of a breakout on my chest and back (4 inflammatory pimples, not the nasty cystic stuff I used to get there) because I got a bit lazy when I noticed the results were so consistent.

The stuff is a bit much and can make your eyes water and your bathroom stink, so I recommend flushing the cotton balls when you're done with them so the smell doesn't linger. Besides that, I will probably be using this indefinitely. I hope this helps anyone else out there who can only look wistfully at those darling backless dresses that are so popular right now... :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the only apple cider vinegar I will purchase. Period.

I cannot attest to the toner properties of this product, but I always use it in baking, and cleaning my produce. I'm sure it would make a wonderful toner, I will have to give it a shot after I finish up my Avalon Organics Toner. I will update.

DIY buttermilk for baking- 1 tbsp Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar to every cup of milk, let stand for 5 minutes an viola you have buttermilk to make muffins, pancakes, etc.!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by moonlight11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't say enough good things about this producf, for both internal and external health ! My 12 yr old son was having bad breakouts on his forehead and nose. I spent alot of money on otc acne creams and they worked, but only to a point. I always felt like we were barely holding them back with the stuff. I read the reviews here about acv for pimples and tried it on him and bam - no more pimples. hallelujah. For me, I drink 1tbsp every day mixed in fruit juice. It gives me energy and mental clarity, as well as conquering my own zit problem, from the inside. This stuff is a miracle-in-a-bottle and very inexpensive to boot !

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Impeccablebliss

I use this for almost everything and I love this! One of my main beauty secrets and I like to take a shot of this sometimes. It makes my skin looks amazing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

This review is about the Trader Joe's version of Apple Cider Vinegar, also with "mother" (the cloudy kind). Yes it tastes gross, but you get used to it --- especially when the results are fantastic.

At first I tried applying ACV externally, as a toner, but it reddened my face and did little else but stink and sting. In hindsight, it was probably overkill. In attempt to keep my skin blemish and wrinkle free, I already use a lot of products on my face, including creams containing DMAE, pycnogenol, alpha lipoic acid, peptides and retinol. For blemish control, I apply salicylic acid face wash (PM) and a benzoyl peroxide face wash (AM) --- plus the occasional AHA.

I was about to give up on ACV when I decided to try it internally. I have a history of GI problems, but two tablespoons in a glass of water seems to do the trick, with no GERD issues (come to think of it, it might even be helping with that, too). I've been drinking this --- diluted! --- for about three months now, and I'm THRILLED to report that it has cut hormonal acne down by ~90 percent. I had begun to get the type of breakouts that appear along the bottom of the jaw and even on the front of the neck (gross!), but now there are no more breakouts on my neck/jaw whatsoever. I get one or two small spots per month elsewhere on my face, not cysts that take weeks to heal. I attribute this improvement to the ACV because I had already been using all the topical approaches mentioned above for the entire year, yet still suffered hormonal breakouts.

I can't say what ACV will do for run-of-the-mill acne but for hormonal breakouts, ACV was the missing piece in my anti-blemish puzzle. I no longer feel like I need to visit a dermatologist for expensive prescriptions that have more side effects than I can tolerate. (The last RX I had flaked my skin really bad and I never got past that purging/flaking stage.)

The only gotchas I worry about with ACV is the effect it may have on tooth enamel. I compensate for that by brushing my teeth immediately afterward. I also try to make a point of not chasing the ACV with dairy products, in effort to make sure I don't nullify the benefits. And to make sure my esophagus and stomach aren't overly irritated --- not that I've noticed any irritation --- I drink it every other day, about an hour before bedtime.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by nimzies

Certified Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is unfiltered, unheated, unpasteurized

I think everyone should have a bottle of Bragg's ACV. Its awesome for the whole famliy, I buy mine at the supermarket. If you're going to take it internally it is recommended to dilute it with water as the acidity of ACV can damage tooth enamel. I usually shot mine and throw it towards the back of my throat, gulp with mouth open and swoosh and chase it with water to avoid it from touching my teeth and to get it over and done with. I don't enjoy the taste of it. This way works best for me.

Rich in potassium, a mineral that is often times lacking in adult diets. This mineral is key for growth, building muscles, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity etc. It also helps to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss and runny noses.
Rich in acetic acid. This acid is said to slow the digestion of starch which can help to lower the rise in glucose that commonly occurs after meals. kills yeast/candida
Rich in ash which gives ACV its alkaline property. This aids your body in maintaining proper pH levels for a healthy alkaline state. (It is particularly important if you drink a lot of coffee or wine.)
It can help regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
Rich in malic acid which gives ACV its anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. For colds or clean wounds or make your own non-toxic cleaning spray that is better for family especially babies. Removes sludge from windows and leaves it sparkling
May help improve bowel irregularity and helps to remove toxins from the body at a faster rate.
It can help clear up skin conditions and blemishes.
ACV helps with weight loss by breaking down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them.
A few lab studies have found that ACV may be able to kill cancer cells or slow their growth.
Hair care: it's acidity is closest to that of natural hair, so balances hair and scalp pH, and removes product build up, treats dandruff just to name a few. Make your own ACV hair rinse.

The list goes on....

I read somewhere that it can remove warts too
Make sure you buy ACV with the mother. The mother is strand-like enzymes of connected protein molecules that you can see in the bottle. This is the powerful healing stuff. No more cluttered cupboards of products just one bottle of Braggs for everything, I'd choose this natural stuff over all the man made chemical filled crap any day and save money too.

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by mg84

For the past few weeks, I've been using a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water after cleansing my skin. I haven't measured things very carefully, but I would say that the mix I use is about 70% bottled water, and 30% apple cider vinegar. The good thing is that you can try out different amounts of water / vinegar; what works will vary from person to person. I like to keep this mix in an old glass bottle and I store it in the fridge.

After cleansing my skin at night, I apply some of this mix to a cotton ball and then I smooth it onto the areas where I'm most prone to developing acne. For me, this would be my cheeks. I allow it to stay on my skin for about a minute, and then I rinse it off with lukewarm water, pat dry and moisturize. If I don't rinse it off first, I find it slightly uncomfortable (a bit sticky), so I prefer to rinse.

For some reason, following this routine seems to be helping my skin and keeping it reasonably calm. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I think it restores some balance where it's needed. I haven't really experienced any major breakouts on the area lately (and I can break out quite easily). I've been using this once every night, but I think skipping a day/night or more would be okay as well. Overall, I think it is worth giving a try.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No