July 24, 2014 | 1819 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by morgalynn

Apple cider vinegar saved my skin! I have had acne for several years, ranging from mild to severe, and it feels like I've tried everything to keep it under control from OTC face washes to medication prescribed by a dermatologist. I started using the Acne.org regimen about a year ago and after a few months of using it religiously, my face was probably 90% clear. While this was great, the regimen was also extremely time consuming and drying. Then a few months ago it just stopped working, and I broke out really bad. I decided to quit using so many chemicals on my skin and I started using only water to wash my face. This lasted two weeks and my acne was the worst it had been in ages, but I knew that this was my skin healing itself from years of chemicals. Then I started to wash my face with a gentle cleanser in the morning and used a DIY toner afterwards that was half apple cider vinegar and half water. I apply this using a cotton ball or toilet paper. If I have a big pimple, I'll apply straight ACV with a cotton swab. In just a week, my acne has cleared up 70%. My forehead still has a lot of small bumps, and there's a few on my cheeks, but I have barely any redness and I've found that my face is a lot less oily since starting this regimen. This is such a simple and natural way to achieve better skin, and I would recommend it to literally anyone with problem skin. I'm confident that my acne will only get better from here (excluding any sort of purging that I might experience in the near future) and I'll update in a few weeks with any improvements/changes that arise.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So, I don't use this for my face because I'm happy with lemon juice (see my review) but this is an excellent hair remedy. Whenever my hair feels dry or "off" I like to use this as final rinse after using conditioner. Makes hair soft and shiny! I've also heard that it helps keep colour from fading; I just dyed my hair red with manic panic so we'll see if it helps "seal" the red in!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by rpalmer8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Truly amazing stuff. I have never written a review for any acne clearing remedy, but I knew I needed to after the results I got from using Bragg's Raw Unfiltered apple cider vinegar.

Once you get past the smell, there are really no cons. I've been using it full strength (my skin isn't too sensitive) with a cotton ball morning and night for only about 4 days and I'm shocked at its ability to stop breakouts (specifically my initial break out from starting bcp) and it has already started to fade the new scars I was getting from popping the pimples.

At night, I also apply lemon juice with the acv on the scars and wash it off in the morning. I have been drinking a lot of water every day and have been fairly eating well (not a lot of junk food, limited processed sugar, lots of fruits and veggies).

I also take 1 teaspoon internally every morning on an empty stomach and follow with a lot of water to flush out toxins.

Bottom line: GIVE IT A CHANCE. it makes your skin so soft and really helps with oil control. If you have oily skin, don't apply a moisturizer after the acv. It isn't very drying and your skin with naturally produce a small amount of oil to protect itself.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by angsw8

I started using this as an toner a few months ago and I really haven't seen any results. Overall I did make my face look much cleaner, but I didn't see a reduction in my acne. I really like the product, but if I'm being honest it did nothing to get rid of the acne I already had and to prevent acne that I continued to get.

I've had other friends and family members who have seen great results with the product, but it just wasn't for me.

And for others out there who haven't seen great results, I would recommend to stop using the product if you don't see results within 2 weeks. Using this product for a couple of months only delayed the healing process of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

I read about the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar in terms of boosting metabolism and helping insomniacs. It is also known to help problems with stomach indigestion. I only recently found out about people using this as a miracle cure for pimples and hair dandruff. I am not really sure about these other uses,but I may give it a try.

Bragg's brand is great because it is unfiltered and not pasteurized. The vinegar is high in vitamins and minerals available in apples. And it is organic, without preservatives. I got mine from Vitacost for a reduced price when bulking two large bottles. I have been adding about 1-2 tablespoons to my daily salads. I know others drink this right out of the bottle or mix it into juice. Maybe I will try it sometime, as it is healthy.

Overall, I really, really like this product. It tastes pretty good in salad, though not as great as red wine vinegar :) And it is really healthy for you. I like at-home natural remedies, so this fits the bill. I also saw this selling at Whole Foods. Don't think this is a magic potion. But I consume it because I believe the health benefits. Will repurchase. $9/bottle

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by mdgaugler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've struggled with acne for a while and after going on birth control to hopefully banish the problem once and for all, i just broke out even more due to the new hormone imbalances i'm now putting my body through. i read about the endless benefits of organic apple cider vinegar, and with one of them being for your skin, i gave it a try. i began drinking 2-3 tablespoons daily and using a 50/50 diluted toner twice a day. i started about a week and a half ago and i broke out more than usual when i first started, but i kept going with the regimen. my initial break out went away after a few days and my skin has only gotten better since! My scars are lightening up significantly and the amount of pimples that pop up each day are reducing as well. I'm definitely sticking with this and will hopefully only see more improvements! It's definitely worth a try, it's natural and has wonderful other benefits towards a healthy lifestyle.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by acnepimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best part about ACV is that along with skin benefits, you get a TON of other health benefits for the rest of your body.

But if anyone is interested in finding where to buy apple cider vinegar, there is a great article here http://acne-pimples.net/populartreatments/find-apple-cider-vinegar/

It also goes into a more depth about why it works for acne and different ways to use it on your skin, hope it helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by sept27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have heard so many rave reviews on this product that I had to try it! The day I used it, I experience what I thought was the worst bought of acne I had ever experienced. My usually oily skin was dry and scaley and so so red! As the days progressed, I tried to find something that would save my terrible looking skin. I knew it couldn't be purging because I use all organic products and do a mud mask bi-weekly. Then it hit me: I'm allergic to apples and this "acne" was actually a rash from the allergic reaction I was having! As a hair rinse, I really did love this product, however I can not continue using this due to the rash that I have developed :( I really wanted to love this product :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

As far as Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) goes, this is the good stuff!! What makes Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar different from any other ACV's out there is that it is unfiltered, non-pasteurized and still maintains the 'mother' in the vinegar. The 'mother' is the pure naturally formed fermentation that starts the entire vinegar process. Unlike other pasteurized vinegars on the market, Bragg's ACV is rich in enzymes, vitamins and minerals found occurring in apples. The fermentation process, when left alone and not disrupted by manufacturing, naturally preserves all the properties that are good for you in apples and creates more properties that enhance the benefits in Bragg's ACV!

I have used this for years. I have actually cured dandruff, used ACV in post shampoo rinses (diluted) and straight up, soothed sunburn, acne, mosquito bites and made awesome tasting salad dressings and tonics with Bragg's ACV. I cannot say enough about this wonderful gift from nature.

To soothe any type of skin irritation (acne pimple, mosquito bite, sunburn etc) make a compress with Bragg's ACV. Take some gauze and the ACV and place on irritation. Allow to stay on for 5 minutes or so. Do this every hour until irritation feels better.

For acne or as a toner, combine 1 part Bragg's ACV with 5 parts distilled water (it is important to use distilled water here and it will sit in a bottle to be used as a toner) to a GLASS bottle. Glass is best. Use with a clean cotton ball or cotton pad after washing face. Do this twice a day. Let air dry. You can spot pimples with straight up ACV to soothe and help banish blemishes.

For a great hair rinse to add shine and softness to your hair --- after shampoo and conditioner --- use 1 part Bragg's ACV to 5 parts water. (I use 1/4 cup to 1 cup water for a nice rinse!) Towel dry hair and let dry naturally. The smell will be eliminated after hair is dry.

For dandruff (which is caused by fungus and a build up of sebum on the scalp)... Use 1/8 cup of Bragg's ACV in a squeeze bottle or a cotton ball. Saturate your entire scalp with it, being careful to protect your eyes. Leave on for about 20 minutes, then shampoo and condition. Do this every time you shampoo until flakes no longer can be detected. It took me about 5 treatments (and I don't wash my hair everyday) to see an absence of flakes. As a maintenance, I do this once every two weeks as it's great to keep the scalp super clean!

Obviously, Braggs is the only ACV I use. Oh and it's organic.
Please do yourself a favor -- buy this only in glass! I don't know why recently Braggs started using plastic bottles, but they should know better.

19 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by emmaloo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Apple Cider Vinegar! Any brand, it's all good! I've used this on my hair with baking soda to make it cleaner and softer, as an aid in mole remover, and I'm going to start using it on my face to help make it less oily. I also take a tablespoon with water everyday to help aid in digestion. Great!