September 3, 2014 | 1034 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by jessicahonig2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was my first face mask that I have ever bought from LUSH. It's a light grey-purple paste with what looks like little seeds in it. It smells like powdery fruit. But it's not an obnoxious or odd smell. It goes on easily and comes off easy too it just takes light rubbing or scrubbing. When I washed it off I felt like my skin felt clean and that it really did cleanse and took all the bad stuff out of my skin and my skin looked clean. I have normal skin and I never break out and when I do it's just one or two spots of acne. On that note I didn't break out using this mask. I will repurchase this mask. I really loved how soft and clean my skin looked.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My fave LUSH face mask. It's blueberry heaven!! The scent alone is divine!! It's freshly made and you can't get these online, only the LUSH store becuase they stay in the fridge. This mask has some good clays for pore cleansing. I have actually driven to a mall 2 hrs away (when there are several close to me) JUST to get this mask (and ok, raid the whole store while I am there lol)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by monishagohil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very refreshing mask which has left me a little mixed about how I fell about it. It is very easy to apply,handmade,easy to wash off , leaves you with smooth skin , you get a healthy fresh glow , does help blemishes a little and you get what you pay for. Like all lush products , they have a use by date - but that's what makes them so natural and good . Although with this product I was a little disappoint of how it cracked quite easily and didn't help my blemishes as much as I would've liked too. I had to moisturise straight after as it left my skin feeling a little dry. I do like this product but the price was a little much for a face mask which you need to use by 2 weeks , to be fair I like my 79p packet masks to use once a week which you can purchase from superdrug or boots. Theyre much more fun to use as there is also self heating packet masks and they help my skin more than this lush mask. Anyway it is a good mask and I enjoyed using this even though it was a little more on the pricier side.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by spipina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my overall favorite Fresh Face Mask from Lush. Honestly.
It was my first, and it was recommended to me because I had at that time especially a lot of redness around my nose and chin.
So it wasn't too drying as many clay face masks can be, but it was sooooooo pleasant to use because it smells of blueberries and when you clean it off your skin is so bright and clean looking. It doesn't leave your skin too dry but you definitely should use toner and moisturizer afterwords.

I went in again a few months later with added dryness to my skin issues because it was winter, and the girl at Lush told me to try it mixed with Oatafix mask, SOOO GOOD! It smelled like blueberry cupcakes! SO good.

The packages they use for the masks are cool because if you get enough of them you get a free mask, and also they're the best packaging that the store has, cuz their cleanser Buche de Noel came in a similar pot, and it lasted so much longer than my other cleansers that just come in crappy plastic tupperware things.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by becauseofyou

This is my favourite fresh face mask from Lush and I have tried nearly all of them.

I think this is a great mask to try if you don't have heavily blemished skin and are just looking for some oil control. It smells heavenly and makes my skin feel very soft after I use it. It is a treat to apply this on your face and it just feels so good.

It is a bit expensive and I also hate how they don't fill the container the whole way... but I will deal with it because the quality of this mask is fantastic. I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

You get around 5-6 uses out of this product. I dislike how they don't fill the pot all the way -______-
When I have one use left I add honey to the mixture and apply it to my face; it's very soothing :)
I like the smell of the mask as it reminds me of blueberries. The blueberries are cut into little pieces. The talc in the product leaves a white residue when you wash the mask off. It does not bother me since I use this after my DHC cleansing oil and before my Shiseido "Perfect Whip" Foam.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 6:24:00 AM More reviews by roseannetang

Visit: www.roseannebeauty.com for more!
If you love blueberries and love them enough that you want to look like Willy Wonka's Violet Beuraguard when she impulsively chews some gum that eventually turns her into a blueberry, then I'm very pleased to say that this is for you. Although the feeling will be temporary, you can relish in the fact that for that temporary 10 minutes, you will look like one. Congratulations.

What is this baby supposed to do?

Lush's Catastrophe Cosmetic, besides blueberries, contains soothing chamomile, irish moss, almond oil, calamine powder and talc among others. The ingredients are supposed to act as an antisceptic, calm and soothe the skin and overall reduce inflammation with essential vitamins, minerals and good ole antioxidants.

For the purpose of this review, I can't obviously dig into my skin to find if those antioxidants are present but I can see if there is an improvement in this skin. Like all reviews, let's see if these claims hold.

A Look At the Mask:

The texture of the mask is a smooth and thick paste. There are some prickly bits here and there thanks to the skins of the blueberries mashed into the mask but nothing overly exfoliating or even enough to act as a daily facial exfoliant. It smells very fragrant, reminiscent of lightly sweetened blueberries and I reckon purple flowers like violets and lavender. It's for sure a scent that is nothing to complain about. The mask comes in the same sort of tub that every LUSH fresh face mask comes packaged in which brings about 10 uses depending on the thickness applied at each use. This is fine mainly because the mask will expire in three weeks and because it is a slightly drying, it is not a mask to be used daily. Catastrophe Cosmetic being made of fresh ingredients must be refrigerated which is a welcome demand because these masks are absolutely heavenly when applied straight from the fridge.

What do I think about it?

This mask is great because it feels nice. It does make my skin smoother to a degree but nothing substantially noticeable. I really only use this mask because it feels super refreshing after the wash but I don't know about the skincare benefits. My regular zits popped up here and there and I have to say that the after effects are nothing unique and special to celebrate about. If I used a scrub from Biore, I would still have the same effects on my skin.

Overall, I did notice less redness after I washed off the mask and a very smooth, soft and clean feel on my face as you can see from the pictures!

Perhaps its the fact that I know that blueberries have antioxidants and that the antioxidants are good for my complexion that makes me buy into the quality of these masks. If we eat an apple, we know that it's good for us, but do we immediately see the effects? Not really. We could be taking in the antioxidants but I did not specifically notice again any unique or special effects. Yet, it didn't hurt to have this mask, it made me feel special at the end of the day so I guess I'm pretty much neutral, leaning on to happy. Maybe a mask isn't only applied just because it provides you skincare benefits, perhaps people wear masks because it makes them happy. I know I do. Also a bit of a warning to more dry skin types, you might find this a little too drying. Your favourite moisturiser applied after will suit you just fine.
Visit: www.roseannebeauty.com for more!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Veee07

This was the first Lush mask I've bought. I'm a huge Lush fan and I've loved pretty much every product I've tried from them. I like that this has fresh ingredients, the only downfall is that you have to use it within 2-3 weeks of buying it (depending on when they received it). I put this on and left it for about 10 minutes. I read some of the other reviews about this and some other people had complained about the blueberries falling off....I don't know if they now crush the blueberries or what, but I didn't have chunks of blueberries. Instead, my pot had crushed blueberries and they were well blended throughout the product. The smell of this is yummy and is better than most of the masks that Lush carries (which is partially why I chose this one). This was easy to work with and it wasn't too dry or runny and was easy to remove. It left my skin matte and smooth and my redness has reduced.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by followthetide

I love the color and scent of this product. It's a much more pleasant experience than the garlic smelling cosmetic warrior mask. After I use it, my face is matte and soft, and smells nice. However, I have very sensitive combination skin, and the next day after using this, every time I use it, some areas of my face are covered in little tiny bumps. I think it may be the perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by summergirl23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this Lush mask after returning from a March trip to London, England. My face was wind-burned and sore and beet red. I used the mask for two days straight and my skin was completely healed.

The blueberries and calamine powder make it messy so I don't know if I'd use it everyday. But if I get sun or wind burnt, this is my quick cure!