April 17, 2014 | 1439 users online

Polishes - OPI - Cajun Shrimp

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by melzie2121

Very pretty orangey-red color. In certain light it has a pink cast which is very pretty too. Perfect for summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

From these reviews, I thought this would be a little more coral than red. Alas, it is too red for me. :( Although I wouldn't buy it again, I will continue to wear it until

either

A. I finish the bottle (unlikely!) , or

B. I get bored of it.

The colour is a red-orange. It's a nice colour, just not what I was looking for... :(

It looks brighter in the bottle than it is. (This is a good thing, IMO.) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by tlw

This color seems orange then red then pink depending on what light you are in. I have worn this for many years. OPI's brush is the best.
I only paint my toes, on hands this might be too bright.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What a great color! On my hands, it's a little deeper than it appears in the bottle. A bold creme with orangey undertones. In a certain light the color almost takes on a pink undertone which I prefer. I'm very happy with this polish. The color lifts my spirits and is quite flattering on my neautral fair skin. I experienced more chipping with this polish than my other OPIs. Maybe my application was off. If I ever run out, I'll be replacing this color quickly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by WhereAmI

Pin-up red! Bright, sexy and super-fun. OPI polishes are very shiny, so shiny and long-wearing that I don't need a top coat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by SophH

I love this colour!! I uploaded a picture of it (it's not really good quality but I hope it lets you see the shade reasonably accurately). It applies really well, it doesn't streak and you only need two coats. It never seems to chip and lasts ages-even without a top coat. I only wear this on my toes as I find it a bit bold for fingernails.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by classygirl

I really love OPI polishes, esp the reds and pinks. I bought this one along with Charged Up Cherry. Unfortunately, this does not compliment my skin tone nearly as much as CUC or My Chiw Bites. It is too orange based for me, but would work perfectly for those that are warm toned. I can still however, wear this and it looks decent even though I'm cool toned. I just much prefer other corals from OPI. Great quality in general otherwise.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 5:18:00 AM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cajun Shrimp was not at all what I expected it to be. I expected it to be a bright red-orange, like a tomato red color, and that's basically how it looks in the bottle. But it's actually a coral! It's just a deeper more red coral than most. It's very similar to Essie Flirt except Flirt has a touch more pink to it. Since I wanted a red orange creme I was disappointed, and since I already have Essie Flirt for my deep coral shade I didn't keep this one. It's kind of in between a red orange and a dark coral, odd color that can't make up its mind! Application was pretty good but as always I hate the pro-wide brush for pedis which is what I would use this for.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by frimpled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this color! I was looking for a melony red for the summer, and I struck gold with this one. It's sort of an orangey, melon/coral, almost-red color. It's very bright, and it looks great on me (warm, very fair skintone) It's a very fun color and a must-have. Also, the wearability was fab. Lasted so long that I got over the color (over a week)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by hedgehog2484

I did not expect to like Cajun Shrimp as much as I do. I was avoiding these types of colors as I am very fair and cooler toned. I thought this would be too bright and orange-y. However, I came across it for a very low price and figured if I didn't like it, I could always swap it. When the weather suddenly turned warm a couple weeks ago, I decided to give it a shot and haven't yet taken it off.
Cajun Shrimp is a orange-coral-red creme. I think the reason I can make it work for me is the amount of red in it; I would never be able to wear a straight orange. While this is not as good of a match for me as a cherry red or a berry shade, I still like the way it looks.
I would not be able to wear it year-round (but I'll bet a skintone that is more warm or tan could) but Cajun Shrimp is a great, hot, bright fun shade for summer. It's too good to pass up.