Mary Kay Acne Treatment Gel

4.2

Benzoyl Peroxide (5%), Other: Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Butylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Carbomer, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium Edta, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Poloxamer 182, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Silica, Sodium Hydroxide, Water

on 7/26/2005 1:15:00 AM

Another great product from MK. It has completely cleared my skin. I have had no problems with redness or irritation. The 5% benzoyl peroxide can be irritating for some skin types. The BP kills the bacteria that causes the infection. I use this in combination with PTR AHA/BHA gel to exfolate allowing the acne gel to penetrate my pores more effectively. I only use overnight. I think if I were to use it more often, I may experience some irritation. I use this across my entire face to prevent new zits from popping up.

on 7/10/2005 12:43:00 AM

I had a horrible experience with this product. Not only did it dry my skin out terribly, but I also woke up with dry, itchy, irritated skin and more breakouts. The worst part was that my eyes were also horribly swollen and oozing with tears, even though the product never ever went near my eyes! I'm not allergic to benzoyl peroxide and have never had such a horrible reaction to any products with BP. I see that others have had some success with this product, so I guess I'm one of those few who didn't have good results, but I would never, for the life of me, go near this again.

on 7/2/2005 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to think MK was a miracle worker like everyone rated it out to be. i used this gel for about 5 or 6 weeks maybe. it worked at first but after a while it started to make my face very itchy and swallowen on my blemish areas i appiled it to. MK is over rated i think. there miracle set upset my face as well. i will never try MK products again.

on 6/17/2005 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I would think that this product isn't any better than other topical pimple creams out there, but it really is good. I used it a couple times at a friend's house and it worked really well, even after one night. I went out looking to buy it after the first few times I used it.

on 6/16/2005 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This stuff works and it doesn't irritate my skin. A little goes a long way. I keep this in my makeup bag wherever I go. I just love it. Pimples are gone within 24 hrs, even those PMS pimples we all hate! Love it Love it Love it

Update 1/5/06- although I still believe in this product, I have discovered that dabbing a little of my Mary Kay Timewise cleanser for C/O skin on pimples works even faster. My pimples go away within an hour when I do this. Not saying that this will work for everyone, but it certainly does on me.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

If you have acne prone skin this is good stuff. I use in as a part of my night routine. Still struggle w/hormonal acne but this helps a lot.

This gel turned my very fair, sensitive, dry, young skin red with blotches all over. My mistake? I used it all over my face and I'm not sure why!!! My stupid fault, but I am sure this would do the trick on small spots not entire faces. Benzoyl Peroxide is THE way to go when eliminating zits. I've read recently that it is just as effective as the pills and topicals dermatologists prescribe for serious acne. I will continue to use this treatment but with much caution. The BP in it is 5%...which is pretty strong. Perfect for the war on blemishes though.

on 5/19/2005 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This stuff is a God send! Using this 2-3 times a day on a pimple will dry it up and it will be completely gone by the next day! I cannot and will not live without this stuff! Also, a little goes a VERY long way. You only have to use a tiny, tiny bit of it on each spot...the tube last FOREVER! Also, it isn't very drying at all on my severely dry skin which is a major plus for me, as most on-the-spot acne treatments are. No burning, itching, or redness on my sensitive skin either. Another plus! I highly recommend and will definitely be using this for as long as they make it!

on 5/11/2005 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've tried so many spot treatments, high and low end and even spot treatments that contain 10% Benzoyl Peroxide but there is nothing like this stuff. This stuff is absoulutely amazing and I swear by it and it only has 5% BP. This stuff is great.

Works great on pimples and if you catch them right when they are starting to grow and put this treatment on the pimple will be dead in the morning! But this does nothing for my cystic zit's if I am going to get one of those nothing and stop it NOTHING! But It does work great on pimples and on regular zits! I will buy again.

Popular Treatments (Face)