Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser

3.7

Water TEA-Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Dimethicone, Comfrey Extract, Dog Rose Hips Extract, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Coneflower Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Sandalwood Extract, Meadowsweet Extract, Chaparral Extract, Golden Seal Root Extract, Cinnamon Extract, Lauramine Oxide, Triethanolamine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-150 Distearate, C12-15 Akyl Benzoate, Diazolidinyl Urea, VelocityTM Fragrance, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Polyethylene, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil

on 1/20/2007 5:05:00 AM

I tried this for three days and found it to be too drying for my combo skin. The second ingredient is TEA-lauryl sulfate, which can be irritating for a lot of people. The frangrance was light and the cleanser did a good job of removing my make-up, but there are quite a few drugstore options at a lower price.

Ehh.. not so good for me. I used this awhile ago, so I'll tell you what I remember: I have combo/blemish prone skin & this stuff either just didn't work at all, or made my face worse. I didn't really like the texture/feel of this stuff either. I felt like I was rubbing slimey perfume all over my face. The one MK sales rep I buy from is always trying to get me to buy this stuff, but my skin has become amazing lately, so I think I'll stick to what I'm doing. I like the smell... for a perfume, not a cleanser & moisturizer. Not for me.

on 12/26/2006 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

This is what i consider an acceptable product for me!!As for being a guy,playin sports and sweating all the time,this stuff satisfies me 100%!It did't clear my skin up totally but on your good days,you will be shocked at how nice ur skin is!!and when u breakout,this stuff heals it all fast!!my girlfreind even loves the smell of my face and she says its as soft a baby's ***!!And to me,thats saying alot!!Go and buy this and give it a try!

on 11/27/2006 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have sensitive, acne prone combination skin, and this made it even worse. The fragrance turned me red and I broke out like crazy, from the scent or the little beads. Worse, the Mary Kay reps refuse to budge from their belief that their skin care is the best and sell like there's no tomorrow. The price is so so, but it can be a pain to order or re-order if it works for you and you want more.

on 11/20/2006 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ewwww terrible product! Normally Mary Kay gives you great, timeless products, but this is a definite no-no. I have combination/oily skin with mild acne, and about 2 minutes after cleansing I felt like I needed to scream! My face became all dry and itchy and was red and peeling non-stop. After a couple of days my skin was completely broken out, worse than it has ever been! Save yourself the trouble and buy some Cetaphil.

on 11/3/2006 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this cleanser during the summer. I have very oily skin that breaks out occasionally. I thought this cleanser worked fine. I really like the bottle. I would recommend this cleanser. But it may be too drying/harsh for some people. It has a nice smell.

I am turning 30 soon, so am revamping my skincare routine. I probably won't repurchase this next summer. I feel that I need something with some age fighting ingredients.

on 8/14/2006 2:44:00 AM

Wow! I've been using this cleanser in conjunction with the Velocity moisturizer for a few weeks now because a friend of mind loves it and reccomended it to me and I am really liking it! I have combination/oily/slightly acne-prone skin. I love the smell (sort of reminds me of Clinique Happy). It cleanses very well and also gently exfoliates! My skin feels softer and smoother after using this and and it is also looking much clearer! Great product that is giving me great results! :)

It works wonders on my combination skin. Acne breakouts are prevented and it provides subtle exfoliation--- not the gritty, forceful type that many skin care lines are going for these days. Paired with the moisturizer, I love it.

on 5/10/2006 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got a sample of this when I obtained a Lot of MK samples from my brother in law who bought them at auction. The sample pack I got was enough for three washes. This cleanser was ok, but nothing to write home about. It was safe enough to use on my eyes. I don't know about how well it takes off eye makeup, I have been using my Bliss Lid and Lash wash as an eye makeup remover prior to cleansing. It lathered, which I like. The scent was ok, not fantastic but not foul smelling. There are these tiny little beads in it that I guess are meant to exfoliate the face but I think those are a big fat joke. I don't know how those things could exfoliate anything. Kind of a waste to put them in there. Use a heavier duty exfoliator seperately, in my opinion. I wasn't too the moon about it so I doubt I would actually purchase it.

on 4/10/2006 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

my sister purchases products with mary kay and she bought me the makeup remover along with the cleanser and the moisturizer when i first opened it i smelled it and wow it has such a fruity smell to it i love it every mornin g when i wash my face i feel alll charged up this is an awsome product