Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 1/31/2011 10:14:00 AM

I've been wanting to try this out but reading reviews here and on youtube, i was rather skeptical about getting it. I decided to pick this up after the sales assistant recommended me this over the Superpowder which i originally wanted.

I have very oily skin especially on my cheeks and a little on my t-zone. Blotting papers are fine but its rather troublesome to constantly blot my face every 15 mins or so. I used this powder earlier before i left the house and i was amazed that my skin looked matte for quite a few hours..only a slight sheen on my cheeks but my t-zone looked fine. I love that it makes my complexion seemed almost poreless.

I got this in Invinsible Matte and it looks great. Does not look cakey at all. And i was glad that they changed the case to the classic marble design. I absolutely hate the old light green case which imo looks cheap. I'm also not loving the puff that comes with this powder...it just feels icky and rubbery like to me. I may consider getting an ecotools brush to use with this powder. :-)

on 1/17/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin, and generally speaking, cosmetics will melt off my face within an hour. I've added a homemade primer (MOM + Monistat) to my regimen, and I use Revlon Colorstay (Cappucino/Caramel, depends on season) on top of that, and I've gotten wonderful results.

Usually, I put the powder on top of my foundation, and it gives me a nice, smooth finish. However, it completely fails in terms of oil control - this powder does absolutely nothing. I wanted to go for a lighter look and forgo applying my foundation, so I simply put a generous layering of the Clinique powder over the MOM + Monistat primer mix. Within 2 hours, the shine was so bad that I just had to take it off; reapplying doesn't work with this powder. When I used it with my Colorstay, the results were not that impressive. I'll have to keep looking for a good matte pressed powder.

And for reference, I am Stay Sienna in the pressed powder.

Love this product...previously was using the almost powder (clinique) and using it over my liquid foundation was finding it rather cakey. This is a great powder to use with liquid foundation. The coverage is sheer and upon touch ups does not get cakey. Good stuff!!! I will grab the invisable matte next though. The stay neutral is a little dark for my VERY pale skin!

on 12/3/2010 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I read the reviews on here, but when I tried it out in the store, I really liked it. This product doesn't really control my oil: first the result is pretty good, but then my skin gets really oily again, and I can't really put one more layer on, because this gets really cakey!

I love the green box it comes in - big mirror. I hate the sponge, though: it's the most gross smelling sponge I've ever smelled, and the colour doesn't aloud you to see where you actually have powder, so I replaced it with another.

I can also say that I have till now only tried it over foundation, and will probably update when I have the courage to not wear foundation again, to tell you how it works on bare skin.

Don't think I'll repurchase, 'cause it's so expensive.

on 11/29/2010 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i just bought this and i hate it. i have oily skin and this makes it worse. i will never buy this again

on 11/28/2010 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin and absolutly love this product! i've been using it for over a year now and i can't live without it. It's the one product i always carry with me. alot of people have been complaing about it looking slightly orangy, but as i'm very pale, i've always used the colourless shade 'invisable matte' and so i never have this problem. it's brilliant for setting my foundation but even if i don't have time to do my makeup in the morning i add a bit of this over my bare skin to help keep my oil at bay. I strongly recommend this powder to anyone with oily or very oily skin, it's amazing!

on 11/13/2010 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Bought this in the 'Invisible Matte' color. I have a hard time finding powder colors that work with my neutral skin tone. I would recommend buying this shade if you have a hard time finding colors that work. It blended in very well and stayed put for a long time. Didn't have to worry about shine all day!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product didn't work for me, I had to keep reapplying.

on 9/30/2010 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another great product from Clinique. This keeps me shine free and gives me some color. I am NC 30. I use Even Better in Vanila and this powder in Honey. I wanted a shade that is darker so I can create that bronzed look and BINGO! This did it for me. I am super oily and this powder really affects the duration of my foundation. The end result is that my skin looks flawless the whole day-

on 8/21/2010 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this powder as my foundation for more than a year now, every single day and I can't complain because its simply brilliant. I need quite sheer coverage and a natural finish and this does exactly these things. It lasted me about 6 months and then I had to repurchase. I love that its exactly my shade. I have it in stay honey and this is perfect for asian skin tones or tanned skin tones. Its mattifying and keeps any little shine of mine at bay :) The thing I love the most about this product is the non chemical like smell. I'm not saying its perfumed. It also has yet to break me out which is why I have been using it sooo long. I have even tried setting my tinted moisturiser with it and it adds a nice set finish without being heavy and cakey looking. All in all a great product.