Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 4/27/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just happened to stumble accross some older photos from when I wore this powder, and decided to re-purchase. I liked this powder, but after trying numerous other brands I can safely say I now love this stuff. It never looks cakey or congealed, and controls oil without looking too matte and mask-like. The only downside is the price, however a little goes a long way and it will last a while. I would definitely recommend this to my friends!

on 4/15/2011 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have very acne prone and very sensitive facial slick with an oil-slick like t-zone and dry cheeks. Stay Honey was almost a perfect match for my skin tone.

I tried this powder four ways:
1) Alone- It was ok, but if you have hyperpigmentation you will need a concealer.
2) Over vanicream spf 35- It doesn't work well with this sunblock at all. The color coverage came out very uneven.
3) Over vanicream spf 35 covered with covergirl sensitive liquid foundation- This actually came out really well. I stayed matte for 14 hours (amazing I know). This actually made me want to love this powder.
4) Over vanicream spf 35 with clinique even better foundation spf 15- I only stayed matte for about 3 hours. But the even better liquid foundation is greasy on its own, so I am not sure anything can keep greasiness at bay when that particular liquid foundation is used.

Overall, it isn't absolutetly terrible, but the suspicious itching lets me know immediately that this is NOT for me and I am not sure what exactly was in it that caused the itch.

on 3/8/2011 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is definitely one of those products I have with me at all times. Great for touch ups, I use "Stay Buff" (01) to blot away shine mid-day, when my foundation needs a boost. This shade is perfect for my very fair skin -- it's really almost translucent, and does not deposit much color. It's not drying at all, even to my dry skin, and won't settle into fine lines -- it just leaves a flawless, soft finish.

For $20, my compact normally lasts me more than five months, too -- an excellent value! For reference, I wear NARS Siberia, NW5-10ish.

on 2/28/2011 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This used to my HG. I wore it in Stay Honey. It's great for very light coverage which is all I need. However, if you apply too much, it can look cakey and fake. I loved the case and the big mirror, however I didn't like the sponge and used a brush instead. The price is great compared to my current foundation, and I would repurchase if I hadn't found something I liked better! Definitely worth a try if you're looking for light coverage!

on 2/25/2011 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really good pressed powder. The matte effect lasted almost all day with me, so i will definitely buy it again. Color range is nice, more yellowish. It didn't cause any breakouts. I loved Clinique's Clarifying make up pressed powder most, but unfortunately the don't sell it any more. This is a good substitute anyway. I highly recommend it for oily and acne-prone skin.

on 2/13/2011 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For reference I am an NC-25 GGG. When I want to look slightly darker and totally glam (especially at night) I wear Clinique Stay Honey! Child....this powder makes my skin look fierce with a lighter lip and a gold eye eyeshadow or a dark liner. It smooths out my light brown skin tone and makes it look as if I have been tanning. I get so many compliments when I wear this and the men behave strangely as if in a trance. It does a fairly good job at taking away the shine but it gives excellent coverage and is finely milled. If you want to look very smooth try this. I sometimes use this powder and then dab the oil away with my Mac Blot powder in Medium/Dark.

on 1/31/2011 10:14:00 AM

I've been wanting to try this out but reading reviews here and on youtube, i was rather skeptical about getting it. I decided to pick this up after the sales assistant recommended me this over the Superpowder which i originally wanted.

I have very oily skin especially on my cheeks and a little on my t-zone. Blotting papers are fine but its rather troublesome to constantly blot my face every 15 mins or so. I used this powder earlier before i left the house and i was amazed that my skin looked matte for quite a few hours..only a slight sheen on my cheeks but my t-zone looked fine. I love that it makes my complexion seemed almost poreless.

I got this in Invinsible Matte and it looks great. Does not look cakey at all. And i was glad that they changed the case to the classic marble design. I absolutely hate the old light green case which imo looks cheap. I'm also not loving the puff that comes with this powder...it just feels icky and rubbery like to me. I may consider getting an ecotools brush to use with this powder. :-)

on 1/17/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin, and generally speaking, cosmetics will melt off my face within an hour. I've added a homemade primer (MOM + Monistat) to my regimen, and I use Revlon Colorstay (Cappucino/Caramel, depends on season) on top of that, and I've gotten wonderful results.

Usually, I put the powder on top of my foundation, and it gives me a nice, smooth finish. However, it completely fails in terms of oil control - this powder does absolutely nothing. I wanted to go for a lighter look and forgo applying my foundation, so I simply put a generous layering of the Clinique powder over the MOM + Monistat primer mix. Within 2 hours, the shine was so bad that I just had to take it off; reapplying doesn't work with this powder. When I used it with my Colorstay, the results were not that impressive. I'll have to keep looking for a good matte pressed powder.

And for reference, I am Stay Sienna in the pressed powder.

Love this product...previously was using the almost powder (clinique) and using it over my liquid foundation was finding it rather cakey. This is a great powder to use with liquid foundation. The coverage is sheer and upon touch ups does not get cakey. Good stuff!!! I will grab the invisable matte next though. The stay neutral is a little dark for my VERY pale skin!

on 12/3/2010 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I read the reviews on here, but when I tried it out in the store, I really liked it. This product doesn't really control my oil: first the result is pretty good, but then my skin gets really oily again, and I can't really put one more layer on, because this gets really cakey!

I love the green box it comes in - big mirror. I hate the sponge, though: it's the most gross smelling sponge I've ever smelled, and the colour doesn't aloud you to see where you actually have powder, so I replaced it with another.

I can also say that I have till now only tried it over foundation, and will probably update when I have the courage to not wear foundation again, to tell you how it works on bare skin.

Don't think I'll repurchase, 'cause it's so expensive.