December 21, 2014 | 926 users online

Fragrances - Keiko Mecheri - Loukhoum

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2006 4:45:00 PM More reviews by tulliver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

On me, the sample was sweet, powdery, and gave me a raging headache. I washed it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 12:29:00 PM More reviews by stellir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For powder lovers only! And fortunately, I am a powder lover and I love KM's Loukhoum. And it has fantastic staying power. Last night with hubby gone I felt like treating myself and sprayed it all over my bed sheets (and myself)and could still smell it this morning in my room. I LOVE that! This is one of my faves and I'll always have it around. I don't wear it everyday, but it's definitely a comfort scent - an all-enveloping warm sweet scent just for me (sorry to say that DH does not like this one - too bad for him!).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2006 12:51:00 PM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Funny, I don't get baby powder. The powder smell I associate with babies is not nearly as gourmand as this. There is a powdery element -- maybe powdered vanilla sugar, and not Johnson & Johnson's. The honey pulls it firmly into the gourmand realm, and while it is sweet, it is not sickeningly so. No falsetto raspberry and peach, this is sweet vanilla, honey, with a soft rose undercurrent. I think it is delicious, really. It is less sexy, and more comforting. Definitely along the lines of Etro Heliotrope and POTL -- less cherry than Heliotrope, less quixotic than POTL. It has more sillage than either, IMHO. It has that nice nougaty smell I associate with artisan candy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 9:07:00 AM More reviews by King_of_England

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Can anyone get a cassis note? Blackcurrant bud or leaf, in the form of commercial bases - I have the advantage of having being sent samples of some of these, they have a sort of pungent green-fruity quality. I am positive it is a dominant feature of this perfume, alongside the almond, vanilla, hawthone blossom, etc. . Unfortunately I can find no mention of cassis on any website describing Loukhoum, so I may be wrong, it could be an 'olfactory illusion'

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2006 5:40:00 AM More reviews by pook555

Cough, gasp, cloying baby powder. Somehow I was expecting something amazing, with almond and vanilla, but instead I got baby powder with some kind of cloying undertone (that does induce the cough, throat closing nausea thing described by others). While it's not a horrible, wash-off-immediately bad scent or anything, it's just a bit too sweet and overpowering for me (and I only tried a small amount, I could not fathom a large spritz of this!). Thank goodness I controlled myself and tried a sample before a whole purchase!
UPDATE: Okay, I've really started to like this and yes, have the bottle. It IS very sweet, but somehow comforting at the same time. The sillage on this is amazingly strong and only a bit is required to smell deliciously sweet throughout the day. It's baby powder or rice pudding with extra sugar and a bit of rose. I wish it had a tiny bit more rose to it, but it is very lovely. I wear this and feel girly and pretty. It goes up a lippie too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2006 7:48:00 PM More reviews by heathervieno

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fallen in love! This is such a yummy scent. Sweet but not cloying. In comparison to Rahat Loukoum it is more powdery vanilla with a hint of almond. Rahat, to me, is more almond with cherry. I actually prefer this to the Serge. The bottle is very simple and beautiful too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Tammy166

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a must have! I never, in my life, thought that I would like a gourmand-oriental scent, but I do love this one! On me, I get no powder at all. I get a gentle sugar-covered cherries scent with rose petal jam. Delicious. The sillage is incredible yet soft and pleasant, too.

Keiko Mecheri's Loukhoum really does make me think of those Arabian fairy tales, and exotic fantasy paintings.

UPDATE: After weeks of consideration, I had to put KM Loukhoum up for swap, because even though it's beautiful, my throat would swell up and I'd have trouble breathing whenever I smell it. It's strange... not only would my throat feel as though there's a big lump in it blocking out the air, but I'd also get the sensation of being strangled by two strong hands at the same time. It's a horrible feeling.
continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2006 11:05:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried Loukhoum the day after trying Luctor et Emergo and I think it definitely suffered in comparison. On me this is a fairly straightforward blend of vanilla, honey and caramel, which changes very little during the three or so hours I can smell it on my skin. I can't detect any cherry, almond or floral notes and it is too sweet for my liking. I don't dislike Loukhoum and it was interesting to try it, but it's not for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2006 3:56:00 PM More reviews by dancingoutlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this, but since the two are compared fairly often on mua, Iíll get right to the point. This is not better than SL Rahat Loukoum in my opinion, but it's definitely a personal preference. The honey is more prominent in this than Rahat and I would prefer that it were more subtle. I donít get much cherry from it--that's one of my favorite parts of Rahat, though reading the reviews I can see that this is different on everyone. I also see the comparison to the infamous PotL Luctor et Emergo and Etro Heliotrope, but I also like both of those much, much better. Keiko Mecheriís Loukhoum lacks the smooth blend of Rahat and Heliotrope, and it isnĎt complex and ever-changing which keeps it from living up to PotL. My boyfriend's ever-so-amusing take on this fragrance? "I'll bet this is what Smurfette wears."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2006 2:29:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Some have said this has an initial, "Whoa!" aggression about it, and I kept hoping that for me, as it does for them, that scream of scent would die down, or at the very luckiest, soften to that sweet, subtle, powdery honey vanilla that made me yearn to buy this unsniffed. Didn't happen. It is in every way a boutique fragrance - uncommon, potent, and unique. There's vanilla, there's honey, but then there's suddenly cherry, which is the note of death for me in a fragrance. I think I'd like this as the background scent to a favorite store, or in the hair of a friend who gives the greatest, longest hugs, but it isn't for me. I keep sniffing my wrist in the hopes I will suddenly love it for myself, but it isn't ever going to happen. EDIT 2.1.06 Oh. I don't know what happened. I've been daydreaming all day about Loukhoum. It's like having a dream about a platonic friend and waking up to a heated, wicked crush. You still can't necessarily dig the shoes (like I twiddle my thumbs impatiently for that cherry to go away), but you love him anyway. Oh, well. It is what it is, and it is dry down love. EDIT 10.04.06 Many months later, now heading into autumn, and soon the snowy days of winter, I am wanting a full bottle of this with all my heart. This is going to be a beautiful holiday scent, and I will feel so cashmere cozy, wrapped in this fragrance's almond/vanilla/baby powder hug. Good timing too: with the purchase of a 75ml bottle, one receives a 15lm purse size as well. continued >>