July 29, 2014 | 1677 users online

Masks - LUSH - BB Seaweed Face Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by fashionela

On my last trip to LUSH I really didn't expect to purchase a mask, but while looking at the selection I decided to try one. Normally, masks really don't do anything noticeable for me, but I loved that these are fresh and I am a big fan of LUSH's other products, so I gave in and picked the Seaweed.

I truly was impressed! I love the smell and it made my skin so soft. It also seemed to make my skin tone a little more even. I had a nice glow after using it, and now this is a hg for me as far as masks go. I did have quite a bit left once it expired though, it seems like a bit of a waste, but at least it isn't expensive. I can't wait to try the other LUSH masks! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 2:59:00 AM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first experience with Lush's face masks, and let me say... what a great first experience that was!

When I went into the store, I was a bit indecisive as to which mask I wanted/needed. At that time, I was suddenly afflicted with some sort of mystery skin condition. Breakouts, severely dry, red, flaking skin. It was really painful! I somehow settled on BB Seaweed and am glad I did, as it helped the mystery skin condition (which I now believe to be rosacea) calm down.

I used this every morning, faithfully, for about 10 days. The coldness from being in the fridge was so soothing on my inflamed face. I must admit, this mask is a bit interesting looking, to say the least. I called it my "Creature From The Black Lagoon" mask. It's mostly green (due to the kaolin), with large bits of seaweed in it.

The smell is VERY herbal (and quite lovely, to me). It smells of rose and lavender. Quite fresh and green.

As for the job it did on my skin... it was absolutely fantastic. It restored lost moisture to my skin, and calmed the inflammation I had going on. My skin felt refreshed, toned, soft and just lovely. I thought due to the high content of clay, it might potentially dry my face out. Quite the contrary! It was lovely and supple. Glowing, actually.

I can't wait to purchase some more, as I found this mask to be very beneficial. Worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2008 5:40:00 AM More reviews by troodos

I really enjoy using this. I probably leave ti on for too long and enjoy the exfoliation that comes with that, but it makes my skin glow and really does seem to perk it up. I didn't expect much from this and was really pleasantly surprised.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 3:24:00 AM More reviews by msclaudia

So hydrating! Leaves my skin very supple and moist.
The lady at the counter said it basically takes all the moisture in the mask and sucks it into your skin.
I like the fresh aspect of it, I feel like it's more effective because it's fresh. Because it has to be kept refrigerated it's a nice cooling and refreshing mask. I love the seaweed bits in it. I'm Asian so I always grew up being taught that seaweed is wonderful for the skin (whether your slapping it on your face or eating it with your dinner) and this mask is a testament.
You only get a small tub of it for $9-10, the SA said it's supposed to last 3-4 applications but I'm on my third and it's not even halfway done, I'd estimate about 6-8 uses as long as you don't slather it on too thick. It expires in about three weeks so you gotta use it religiously (which I don't mind).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by lzwolinski

This mask is so refreshing and invigorating! I love that it is so fresh and kept refrigerated -- It's such a treat to apply a chilly, cooling mask at the end of a rough day! :)

I find this mask hyper-hydrating (it rids me of any flakiness I might have), as well as really clarifying. When I'm finished masking, I feel like my pores have been greatly reduced in size and that my skin is more even-toned and moisturized. It makes me look all glowy! :) I love, love, love this!!!

Also, you get quite a bit of product for the cost -- However, I'm never able to finish an entire pot before the expiration date nears. Boo! But, this mask is still worth it's weight in gold for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by breedp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mask!
I've been using it alongside Ultrabland cleanser, Eau Roma toner, and a moisturizer.

The mask leaves my skin soft, my face looks even and I even went outside today without foundation...which never happens. I have pretty normal skin, with a bit of dryness and redness and the mask definitely makes my skin look at its best.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ymadub

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like some of their fresh masks (Brazen Honey, for instance), but this one made me break out. I have combo acne prone/dehydrated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 11:59:00 AM More reviews by cowgirlcael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! This mask is simply amazing!

I have used many many masks to try and control my combo (blackheads, flaky skin, rough patchs, big pores) skin and this is my new one and only. It makes my skin bright and glowy but soft and smooth as well.

Application the first few times was tough but then my friend (an estition (sp?)) told me to try it with a foundation brush. Goes on smooth as silk with the brush and saves alot of product.

Completely in love with this mask will never live without it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 8:56:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first Bio-fresh mask (my old fave was the Magnaminty Mask) and I thought it was great. You get alot in the little pot, and there's certainly enough to slather it on generously and relax while it sinks in (and it DOES SINK IN!). I love that it has juniper berry oil in it, it feels so refreshing and cooling and soothing. All of my dry, irritated patches from the biting wind here up North were turned to normal, and my skin felt so soft. So far, I've used it three times and no reactions or irritation, so this is perfect. And I have a feeling I won't use up the entire pot in three weeks, but maybe I'll have to use it more liberally than I already do. This is a great mask for anytime and anywhere, and by keeping it in the fridge it feels so good after a long day :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2007 10:06:00 PM More reviews by caroni99

I was not expecting to pick up BB Seaweed but it was the only mask left at my LUSH store so I decided to give it a try since I'm trying to review all of the LUSH bio fresh masks. My skin is combo mainly oily in the warmer months and drier in the cooler ones--I tend to break out around that time of the month. BB Seaweed looks like cottage cheese with chunks of seaweed (not to big imo) with a pleasant herbally smell. Because the consistency of this mask is a lot like cottage cheese it spreads as such when applied to your face meaning that you end up using a lot of product. BB Seaweed is very soothing and though I did not think it would do much for my face but I was really surprised to see that my skin looked great after a couple of uses (I used it 3x/week) and the dryness I experienced the first time went away. I noticed that white heads and black heads either disappeared or appeared smaller which made me very happy. Overall I would repurchase BB Seaweed again as it was not what I was expecting and may be the very mask I am looking for. I like that is gentle enough to use in the winter time so it might just become my winter time LUSH bio fresh favorite.