LUSH BB Seaweed Face Mask

Lime Tree Flower and Sweet Violet Leaf Decoction (Tilia europaea and Viola odorata), Kaolin, Honey, Glycerine, Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Toothed Wrack Seaweed (Fucus serratus), Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Millet Flakes (Panicum miliaceum), Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Bentonite Gel, Fresh Rose Petals (Rosa centifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Citral, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume

on 7/22/2009 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This mask had a cooling effect to it which was great for giving my face that refreshed look. It firmed up my face like any other mask. My only complaint is that it smells horrible.

on 6/23/2009 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

refreshing and skin looks really smooth and clearer for the few days following application. it made some parts of my face sting when wearing it though, but i do have really sensitive skin and eczema as well. it was bearable though. there is a lot of product for the $8 i bought it for, so i shared it, and the three people i shared with didn't feel any irritation.

overall, i love the effect at the end, but wish it didn't hurt. but, i would buy it for someone else if i thought that it would suit their skin.

on 5/27/2009 3:49:00 PM

I'm sure that this could be a great product. Soothing and moisturizing. Unfortunately, it is chunky to the extreme. The seaweed chunks were big enough to make application unpleasant and some even scratched my skin's surface.

on 5/18/2009 11:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

i tried this when my sister brought it home the other day. i had her try my Love Lettuce mask and she loved it and wanted to try more LUSH products so she got this one

i wish i was as impressed with this as i was with LL. it reminded me of artichoke dip and didnt spread very well on my skin. the huge chunks of seaweed were a huge turn off for me and i felt like i used half the container to evenly cover my skin

my skin began to tingle and itch and after 5 minutes i had to wash it off. my skin feels smooth and is softer but i can find other products that do the same thing that dont itch or cause pins and needles in my face

i will stick to my Love Lettuce mask because at the moment its HG status

on 3/31/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Caused me to break out, and I needed about 4 wipes on toner to get the residue off. The saleswoman at LUSH raved about it, so I figured what the hell... but now I'm wishing I saved my $14. Smelled funny too.

oh i like this product...A LOT! i can't say that i LOVE it...cause its just my first time using it, and I just got out of the shower 20 min ago.
but the smell is beautiful, not too strong and not too light..just pleasant and kinda relaxing. my skin feels fresher, SMOOTH....SOO SMOOTH (because of the scrubby bits i guess), and feels so cleaaannn...i like it..i really do.I will give more update if i change mind..(which i doubt, because usually LUSH product never fail me)

on 3/2/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Looks some sort of spinach and cream cheese dip. But smells way different though. Left skin feeling very clean and soft.

on 1/23/2009 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only Lush product that I was disappointed with. I was going though a dry skin period and thought this moisturizing mask would be good for me.

PROS: (1) The scent is herbal with a touch of sea water. (2) easy to spread, feels cooling and calming

CONS (1) difficult to remove, it sticks to the skin (2) the seaweed is in huge chunks which prevents it from being very effective, and it may clog drains if not careful during removal process. (3) was over moisturizing (4) left my skin appearing congested with dilated pores and uneven skin tone (not a fresh clean feeling for me).

I think this particular mask would be fantastic for people with dry skin, but for combo/oily it was not ideal.

on 12/31/2008 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was looking for a product that would improve the breakouts I've been starting to get lately and reduce redness on my face. LUSH is one of my favorite beauty brands, and the girl working there said this would be a great product for my needs.

I'm not crazy about this product. It was a nice mask - smells great, and reduced redness a little bit, but other than that, I couldn't really see a difference. I still have 3/4 a tub left, and it expires in about a week, so I'm going to give it another chance before giving up. Because LUSH's masks expire so quickly, you can be very liberal with your application, and that's a plus. The price is decent, too. You can get about 4 uses out of a tub. I only have time to use this about once a week, though.

All in all, it was just okay.

on 12/30/2008 7:19:00 PM

Turning 30 has made a big difference in skin lustre. So sad. Been trying lots of different products to bring back that youthful glow (apart from loading up on water and sleep) and have turned to masks for a temporary solution... Lush is a brand that I flirt with every now and then - I decide it's over priced, and then am somehow seduced back into the store. (Try a yoghurt mask - they're incredible for bringing back some oomph and glow into your skin!)
Packaging is ok, it's a tub - it definitely lasts longer than the use-by date. It separated a little, but just mixed it back in before use. Smells quite pleasant actually - not overwhelming. It feels nice and soothing. It's a bit lumpy to spread, and as it dries, flakes of seaweed seem to float off and go all over the place which is a bit ick. According to the SA, the bentonite gel is one of the star ingredients with softening wrinkles: https://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15730&catid=52
It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and soft which is always good. Haven't noticed any dramatic improvements, but I enjoy using this mask and reach for it at the end of a long night - feels like it's soothing and toning as it dries. I'm undecided as to whether to buy this again, might try a few others, and if they don't deliver, will come back to this one. continued >>

Popular Masks