April 23, 2014 | 1973 users online

Masks - LUSH - BB Seaweed Face Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ymadub

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like some of their fresh masks (Brazen Honey, for instance), but this one made me break out. I have combo acne prone/dehydrated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 11:59:00 AM More reviews by cowgirlcael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! This mask is simply amazing!

I have used many many masks to try and control my combo (blackheads, flaky skin, rough patchs, big pores) skin and this is my new one and only. It makes my skin bright and glowy but soft and smooth as well.

Application the first few times was tough but then my friend (an estition (sp?)) told me to try it with a foundation brush. Goes on smooth as silk with the brush and saves alot of product.

Completely in love with this mask will never live without it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 8:56:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first Bio-fresh mask (my old fave was the Magnaminty Mask) and I thought it was great. You get alot in the little pot, and there's certainly enough to slather it on generously and relax while it sinks in (and it DOES SINK IN!). I love that it has juniper berry oil in it, it feels so refreshing and cooling and soothing. All of my dry, irritated patches from the biting wind here up North were turned to normal, and my skin felt so soft. So far, I've used it three times and no reactions or irritation, so this is perfect. And I have a feeling I won't use up the entire pot in three weeks, but maybe I'll have to use it more liberally than I already do. This is a great mask for anytime and anywhere, and by keeping it in the fridge it feels so good after a long day :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2007 10:06:00 PM More reviews by caroni99

I was not expecting to pick up BB Seaweed but it was the only mask left at my LUSH store so I decided to give it a try since I'm trying to review all of the LUSH bio fresh masks. My skin is combo mainly oily in the warmer months and drier in the cooler ones--I tend to break out around that time of the month. BB Seaweed looks like cottage cheese with chunks of seaweed (not to big imo) with a pleasant herbally smell. Because the consistency of this mask is a lot like cottage cheese it spreads as such when applied to your face meaning that you end up using a lot of product. BB Seaweed is very soothing and though I did not think it would do much for my face but I was really surprised to see that my skin looked great after a couple of uses (I used it 3x/week) and the dryness I experienced the first time went away. I noticed that white heads and black heads either disappeared or appeared smaller which made me very happy. Overall I would repurchase BB Seaweed again as it was not what I was expecting and may be the very mask I am looking for. I like that is gentle enough to use in the winter time so it might just become my winter time LUSH bio fresh favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2006 4:42:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mask better than the blueberry one (1st mask I bought fr LUSH). This one is not really parfumy like blueberry one, more on the neutral side. I don't mind the chunky seaweed, sort of fun for me.. just a little messy sometimes it falls down on the face, but it's OK. I love home made kind of mask and LUSH has it. Finally, I don't have to get messy in the kitchen alone mixing all the ingredients. It's a soothing mask. Love to try other LUSH masks ....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2006 7:40:00 AM More reviews by messynessie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i have difficult skin, which is somewhat oily in my t-zone, and dry everywhere else. i have major problems with my skin in the winter, the cold weather does a number on my dry areas, and i tend to break out on my jawline/cheeks. when i went into the powell street lush, one of the SAs recommended this mask as a rehab for my mucked-up skin. i applied it that night and had instant results. my skin was smooth and significantly more moisturized (but not greasy in my oil-proned areas). it is an amazing exfoliating/moisturizing/toning mask, and i highly recommend it.
gentle enough for everyday use, though i recommend using it before showering, as removing the mask is much easier in the shower.
will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 9:32:00 PM More reviews by carrieeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mask! It's fun to put on (yeah, I actually like the chunks of seaweed :) and really refreshing. My skin feels soft and looks clear after using this! I will repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2006 5:31:00 PM More reviews by starladear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A bit difficult to work with, yes. And messy, with great chunks of seaweed. I happen to be a seaweed addict, so that is not a problem for me. Leaves my skin noticably and immediately softer. Lovely ingredients. Helps to clear up my skin, as seaweed does, for me. As messy as this is, it is so fresh and natural that you feel clean afterward, despite the state of your sink.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2006 4:38:00 AM More reviews by SmokyC

I have to agree with other reviewers when they say that this mask can be a bit difficult to work with, with all the chunks of seaweed that keep falling off your face. But in its defence the mask felt really cool and soothing on the skin and after it was rinsed off (and the basin cleaned of seaweed chunks) my face felt really soothed, firm and soft and just, well, lovely. So I will be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2005 8:59:00 PM More reviews by FireKittenEMT

I adore the Biofresh masks, but this one really did seem to do anything for my skin! I'll admit, the scent was very pleasant (subtle herbal aroma with delicate floral hints), but the consistency was hard to work with (chunks of millet and seaweed were hard to keep on my skin). Flakes up a lot when it dries, and is really messy to remove. The most important part of a mask is the results, though and I found none with this mask. My skin is already clear (thanks to Fresh Farmacy and Cosmetic Warrior), so I was hoping to get some super softening qualities, which I did not. Pass this one up because Lush has some EXCELLENT masks that are way more effective than this.