September 1, 2014 | 1768 users online

Masks - LUSH - BB Seaweed Face Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2008 1:33:00 AM More reviews by thebeautyis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a product that would improve the breakouts I've been starting to get lately and reduce redness on my face. LUSH is one of my favorite beauty brands, and the girl working there said this would be a great product for my needs.

I'm not crazy about this product. It was a nice mask - smells great, and reduced redness a little bit, but other than that, I couldn't really see a difference. I still have 3/4 a tub left, and it expires in about a week, so I'm going to give it another chance before giving up. Because LUSH's masks expire so quickly, you can be very liberal with your application, and that's a plus. The price is decent, too. You can get about 4 uses out of a tub. I only have time to use this about once a week, though.

All in all, it was just okay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by bingbing

Turning 30 has made a big difference in skin lustre. So sad. Been trying lots of different products to bring back that youthful glow (apart from loading up on water and sleep) and have turned to masks for a temporary solution... Lush is a brand that I flirt with every now and then - I decide it's over priced, and then am somehow seduced back into the store. (Try a yoghurt mask - they're incredible for bringing back some oomph and glow into your skin!)
Packaging is ok, it's a tub - it definitely lasts longer than the use-by date. It separated a little, but just mixed it back in before use. Smells quite pleasant actually - not overwhelming. It feels nice and soothing. It's a bit lumpy to spread, and as it dries, flakes of seaweed seem to float off and go all over the place which is a bit ick. According to the SA, the bentonite gel is one of the star ingredients with softening wrinkles: https://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15730&catid=52
It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and soft which is always good. Haven't noticed any dramatic improvements, but I enjoy using this mask and reach for it at the end of a long night - feels like it's soothing and toning as it dries. I'm undecided as to whether to buy this again, might try a few others, and if they don't deliver, will come back to this one. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by fashionela

On my last trip to LUSH I really didn't expect to purchase a mask, but while looking at the selection I decided to try one. Normally, masks really don't do anything noticeable for me, but I loved that these are fresh and I am a big fan of LUSH's other products, so I gave in and picked the Seaweed.

I truly was impressed! I love the smell and it made my skin so soft. It also seemed to make my skin tone a little more even. I had a nice glow after using it, and now this is a hg for me as far as masks go. I did have quite a bit left once it expired though, it seems like a bit of a waste, but at least it isn't expensive. I can't wait to try the other LUSH masks! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 2:59:00 AM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first experience with Lush's face masks, and let me say... what a great first experience that was!

When I went into the store, I was a bit indecisive as to which mask I wanted/needed. At that time, I was suddenly afflicted with some sort of mystery skin condition. Breakouts, severely dry, red, flaking skin. It was really painful! I somehow settled on BB Seaweed and am glad I did, as it helped the mystery skin condition (which I now believe to be rosacea) calm down.

I used this every morning, faithfully, for about 10 days. The coldness from being in the fridge was so soothing on my inflamed face. I must admit, this mask is a bit interesting looking, to say the least. I called it my "Creature From The Black Lagoon" mask. It's mostly green (due to the kaolin), with large bits of seaweed in it.

The smell is VERY herbal (and quite lovely, to me). It smells of rose and lavender. Quite fresh and green.

As for the job it did on my skin... it was absolutely fantastic. It restored lost moisture to my skin, and calmed the inflammation I had going on. My skin felt refreshed, toned, soft and just lovely. I thought due to the high content of clay, it might potentially dry my face out. Quite the contrary! It was lovely and supple. Glowing, actually.

I can't wait to purchase some more, as I found this mask to be very beneficial. Worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2008 5:40:00 AM More reviews by troodos

I really enjoy using this. I probably leave ti on for too long and enjoy the exfoliation that comes with that, but it makes my skin glow and really does seem to perk it up. I didn't expect much from this and was really pleasantly surprised.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 3:24:00 AM More reviews by msclaudia

So hydrating! Leaves my skin very supple and moist.
The lady at the counter said it basically takes all the moisture in the mask and sucks it into your skin.
I like the fresh aspect of it, I feel like it's more effective because it's fresh. Because it has to be kept refrigerated it's a nice cooling and refreshing mask. I love the seaweed bits in it. I'm Asian so I always grew up being taught that seaweed is wonderful for the skin (whether your slapping it on your face or eating it with your dinner) and this mask is a testament.
You only get a small tub of it for $9-10, the SA said it's supposed to last 3-4 applications but I'm on my third and it's not even halfway done, I'd estimate about 6-8 uses as long as you don't slather it on too thick. It expires in about three weeks so you gotta use it religiously (which I don't mind).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by lzwolinski

This mask is so refreshing and invigorating! I love that it is so fresh and kept refrigerated -- It's such a treat to apply a chilly, cooling mask at the end of a rough day! :)

I find this mask hyper-hydrating (it rids me of any flakiness I might have), as well as really clarifying. When I'm finished masking, I feel like my pores have been greatly reduced in size and that my skin is more even-toned and moisturized. It makes me look all glowy! :) I love, love, love this!!!

Also, you get quite a bit of product for the cost -- However, I'm never able to finish an entire pot before the expiration date nears. Boo! But, this mask is still worth it's weight in gold for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by breedp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mask!
I've been using it alongside Ultrabland cleanser, Eau Roma toner, and a moisturizer.

The mask leaves my skin soft, my face looks even and I even went outside today without foundation...which never happens. I have pretty normal skin, with a bit of dryness and redness and the mask definitely makes my skin look at its best.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ymadub

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like some of their fresh masks (Brazen Honey, for instance), but this one made me break out. I have combo acne prone/dehydrated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 11:59:00 AM More reviews by cowgirlcael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! This mask is simply amazing!

I have used many many masks to try and control my combo (blackheads, flaky skin, rough patchs, big pores) skin and this is my new one and only. It makes my skin bright and glowy but soft and smooth as well.

Application the first few times was tough but then my friend (an estition (sp?)) told me to try it with a foundation brush. Goes on smooth as silk with the brush and saves alot of product.

Completely in love with this mask will never live without it again!