September 20, 2014 | 1742 users online

Bronzers - The Body Shop - Shimmer Waves in Bronze

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2006 5:50:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's ok..really..nothing much special.I have all 3 Shimmerwaves so I can compare them with each other.I like Pink one the best,then Peach and then Bronze.I don't know why I like this one the least but it's maybe because it's a bit dirty looking on skin,and not a perfect bronze color it gives.It definitely looks better from the outside in the package.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2006 8:37:00 PM More reviews by jayden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush did nothing but BREAK OUT MY FACE! :o(
Not only that but the blush goes on very dark, almost like an orangey color.
Will NOT repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2006 3:52:00 AM More reviews by chandlerbing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

5 shades, one compact, can be a bronzer, blusher, eyeshadow all in one. Its perfect for holidays, touchups, and at the beach. The only problem is that you cant use it with a brush for an even finish as the stuff just doesnt stick on! I dont really like using my fingers to bronze myself because i cant do it evenly! thats my only complaint! other than that it has worked efficently as an eyeshadow & its good for achieveing the natural or smokey eyed look. Its not expensive too & the colour combination & the clear plastic covers actually make the packaging look pretty despite its simplicity! Will have to try their other bronzers but will buy it for as an eyeshadow palette or travel 3 in 1 set instead. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2006 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

The Shimmerwaves totally remind me of the BB Shimmerbricks but half the cost. Similiar to BB Shimmerbrick in bronze, this has five waves of bronzey tones, a shimey champagne, a shimmery dark brown, a shimmery terracotta, a shimmer light brown and shimmery pink. This one works the best as eyeshadow since the color are different. Quite pigmented. Goes on the skin, shimmery but not glittery. Nice quality highlighting product. Retails for $16.50 and comes in a square lucite clear package.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2006 9:59:00 PM More reviews by funkatana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I have yellow undertones with my yellowskin and I am skiddish about trying products that make me look orange! Well here you're looking at it, this will make you look more orange and gross than george hamilton . .. good for anyone in need of that type of color but stay away asian ladies . . .

i say get the body shop pressed powder in a shade darker and use it subtly on your bronzed regions or get mac's improper copper sheer cream colored base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by skippy_gayle

this is yet another BB shimmerbrick dupe. im loving this! works great to give a nice bronzey glow to cheeks and makes a great es as well! the colors in this brick are pink, copper, bronze and gold...all shades with great shimmer! eager to try the blush (pink) colored one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2005 6:10:00 AM More reviews by capybara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fantastic product! I've had my eye on BB's shimmerbrick for ages, but couldn't really justify paying that much for a highlighter/bronzer. I picked this up on impulse at my local BS - at 14 it's just within the range of impulse purchasing :) - and I now realise I could have saved all that money I spent on Nars etc. This is a superb bronzer which also works brilliantly as individual eyeshadows. I have the Stila shimmer palette or whatever it's called (the one with kitten, oasis etc) and this is miles better - colours are far more blendable/buildable, and because it's less shimmery it works as a daytime natural look in a way that Stila never has for me. Hooray for the BS! (I've never liked anything in their makeup line before)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2005 2:15:00 AM More reviews by perfectly_pink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i am the makeup artist at one of the body shop stores and this is one of my faveourite products to use on people.i was always hesitant about buying it for myself though because it always went streaky..but this was because of TBS brushes ,i used my brushes at home and they make it look fab.it isnt glittery like people have said it gives a glow,a beauiful cheek colour.also u can use them as eyeshadows as well they look amazing when used with a wet brush

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2005 8:33:00 AM More reviews by annaclara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have both the BB shimmerbrick and TBS shimmer waves in Bronze and I prefer TBS product. It is more subtle. I gave my BB shimmmerbrick to my teenage niece. It is too sparkly for me. TBS shimmer waves is more of a glow and I like it better. The only thing I would change is the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2005 8:48:00 PM More reviews by annaclara