December 28, 2014 | 1213 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by lvpoetess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't believe I suffered through oily sunscreens for so long, when this was on the market! Gives my skin a matte finish. Sinks in quickly, and doesn't smell bad. I have no problem wearing this under makeup, and in the past I have found sunscreens under foundation to be a nightmare. I have combination skin, probably a little more oily than dry, but not severely oily. This does not dry me out. I don't mind the slightly white cast, since I'm putting foundation over it anyway. I wear it over a vitamin c serum (aubrey organics) and under a primer (Clarins smooth touch.) Under Revlon Colorstay foundation (oily/combo formula) I do not have to blot all day. Wonderful stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2009 4:38:00 AM More reviews by henwen88

After hearing so many great things about this sunscreen, I finally decided to buy it. The price is kind of steep for a small amount of sunscreen, but it seems to be worth it so far. I've been using it every day for a week now. It goes on really sheer and smooth and has a tiny hint of pleasant fragrance. It lasts all day and gives my skin a matte finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by merryjane81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has a very fluid consistency and it's very light.

I have been using this product for at least three years. I love the fact that it does not have the "sunscreen" smell. Also, I like the fact that it's not "sunscreen" sticky and not too heavy.

I keep trying other sunscreens, but end up coming back to this one. This is the only sunscreen that doesn't make me break out.

However, I'm not sure how effective it is in preventing new freckles from forming. I've gotten a lot of new freckles lately...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by AubreeClaire

This sunscreen is okay, definitly not HG material though. It contains parabens, and is pretty heavy on my face(that's what my friends and boyfriend told me when they kissed my cheeks). On top of all, it made my skin peel, and it sort of burned when I put it on, although that may just be because of my skin is the most sensitive fragile thing ever :(
my search continues...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2009 8:40:00 AM More reviews by hyz

hmm.. I basically use this on my body most of the time. It helps further darkening of my body parts. Good I would say. But it leaves a little white cast and feels a little bit heavy if i use it on my face. Maybe i am using too much, but it never hurts to have ample protection right? :) Oh ya, it never breaks me out other than a little bumps here and there occasionally.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

I love the texture of this lotion and the high UVA and UVB protection. It is not moisturizing and my skin still gets oily during the day, but it just goes on so smooth and hasn't caused any noticable adverse reactions on my sensitive, acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by dnemoy85

After having tried every spf on the market this is my HG for life. It goes on completely greaseless and with easy like a face serum texture, melts into your skin, is waterproof, last forever, and has spf 55! What more can you ask for.

It never clogs pores and is uper light for problem skin and amazing for regular or dry skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by chilliker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Originally I loved this product. I have hyper-pigmented skin/melasma and am fair so I am always on the hunt for a serious sunscreen. Although I like the smell and the protection, I don't like how my makeup goes on over this sunscreen. It tends to be a bit greasy and slightly pilly so it's not my all-time fave. However, I would buy it again if I couldn't get my hands on my HG sunscreen by La Roche Posay.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2009 3:04:00 AM More reviews by draisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this right after the study came out that said nano particles don't cause cancer after all. Zinc has total UVA UVB longterm coverage and this stuff is great. Not greasy, non-stingy, doesn't make you break out. Kind of leaves a smooth finish to your skin.

Been using it since summer 08 and just love it.

**03-19-2011 update** This eventually made my skin peel and flake like crazy. A friend who I recommended this to who has great skin had the same thing happen to her. I had to stop using it. I now use a parasol :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by stacy2455

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use sunscreen everyday, this is my summertime sunscreen. I'm fair skinned and red haired so I can't go without protection. :) I've never been burnt while wearing this, ever. I wear this out running during the day and no burns, no redness. Very happy with the protection. The only negative is that it made me oily/greasy. But as long as I wash my face after my outdoor activities I usually don't have any breakouts. But honestly for really good sun protection, a few breakouts are ok with me. I also believe this is approved by the American skin cancer society, which is a plus to me.