October 22, 2014 | 1851 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp14326

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice lip balm. It smells and feels AMAZING. It has a tint to it, which is really pretty, just a little bit too dark for me (I'm a teenager, and I don't wear much makeup. I'm also very pale, so there is a lot of contrast between the lip color and my skin tone.) I'll probably wear this when I'm a little older, or for a special occasion.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by redbassguitar8817

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find that the product as a whole is amazing (100% natural, use of partial recycled packaging that looks adorable, not tested on animals, great price, etc.) So far, I have tried four colors in the Burt's Bees Shimmer lip line: raisin, this one (Rhubarb), Champagne, and watermelon. So far all of the colors look great on my skin tone with the exception of watermelon which I think looks like a very frosty pinky/red on me so I feel that I 'm stuck in the 80's when I wear that particular shade. But that is just me, I think someone with a more medium or olive skin tone it would look great on them. Also this product tends to streak and bleed if I put a lot on straight from the tube so a lip brush is needed. Which is not really a problem for me since I carry one around with me anyway.

1. Great Price.+1
2. Made out of 100% natural ingredients.+1
3. Not really a great color on me.+1
4. The product tends to streak and bleed if applied in a great quantity straight from the tube so a lip brush is needed, not really a problem for me but still -1
5. Not tested on animals.+1

Ingredients:
helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil. May contain: iron oxide, mica, carmine, titanium dioxide

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 8:16:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

This is great for the girl on the go. I bought this shade because it is a few shades darker than my natural lip color which really enhances my natural look as a great fault sheer shimmer. The color is great and the shimmer in the product is not ‘chunky’ even though I much prefer micro shimmer. My only complaint is this is supposed to be a moisturizer, however it does not moisturize my lips very well, especially in winter. To me, this is a great spring/summer product, but not ideal for autumn/winter when my lips need some rescuing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2008 5:16:00 AM More reviews by idalore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you have very sensitive skin, like I do, it'd be best to actually try this out on your lips first before purchasing. The peppermint made my lips sting! I like the smell but the sensation on my lips was too strong, it made my lips a bit itchy too. As for the color, it's highly pigmented- like another reviewer said, putting it on straight from the tube can yield scary results, so I'll just try dabbing it on which will probably make it ok and more subtle. Rhubarb has a pink undertone that turned out to be too bright for me but which I hope will suit me better if I dab on just a small amount. I also have this in Fig which has more of a red undertone and earthy color to it, and which I like better (I'm asian with olive skin).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Jebjess

This product is an excellent combination of a high pigment lipstick and the burt's bee's chapstick.

The color is extremely pigmented, so if you enjoy bright lips, then it is perfect. As for me, I was expecting something more sheer, so I use it more as a lipstick rather than a "lip shimmer."

The tingly sensation that is in the burt's bee's chapstick is also apparent. I say it's quite delightful.

Repurchase? Nahh- I would go for a more neutral shade if I were to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by ccoles22

This color is pretty and it's minty tingle is a bonus. I find it gives me a nice stained lip effect. It's like wearing a balm and a lipstick in one - so smooth and easy to apply - but with lots of pigment! Only one major problem: it doesn't last very long at all! Buy it, but expect to reapply it as often as you would any other regular lipbalm.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2008 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great color. Rhubarb is darker than me, but sheer so that it enhances, while making me look finished. I like the wake-me-up effect of the mint. The small size makes it much more portable than most lipsticks, but I wish the tube looked classier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 More reviews by tennis4life

This is a wonderful, sheer lip color. I got it at a local discount store by my house, so I only paid about $2 for it, but I know in the drug store it's around $4 or $5. It enhances my natural lip color as it is only a few shades darker, and gives me pink lip color that does not look clownish or unnatural. It does have the typical Burt's Bees mint tingle, but it is not extremely moisturizing on its own so I always put a good coat of lip balm on underneath it. I believe that this lip shimmer makes my teeth look whiter as well, which is another plus. I really think that this lip color brightens and wakes up my whole face and is suitable for both summer and winter. If you have similar coloring to me, I would definitely recommend this lip shimmer since it is now a staple in my makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by cucumber110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product, I just hate this color! It's too bright on my lips, so I use it as a blush.

As a blush, this stuff isn't too great. It lasts about an hour. For that hour though, it's quite flattering :)

It feels like a balm, but adds a hint of color. I like wearing this too school, I don't look too 'made-up'.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by sassepiano

This shouldn't really be considered a lip balm because it did not heal or protect my lips. The color is okay, it's nothing to write home about...

I definitely would not buy this again.