October 21, 2014 | 2125 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Styling Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2005 10:31:00 PM More reviews by KelliCapwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am looking to get away from using my PM straightening gel. It's just not working anymore - just feels so gummy, gunky, heavy & sticky on my hair and hands. Yuck. While looking for something new, I came across this review, tried it and found a winner! Gives great volume and hold w/o being tacky or too slippery. My hair feels like it got a pro blowout. Love the scent. My only gripe is that it's so darn expensive! It was irritating enough to minus a lippie. I paid $6.30 for the 2 oz. bottle!!! Would I buy it again? I loved it so much - I would in a heartbeat!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2005 11:53:00 PM More reviews by LuckyLynndee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product just had not worked all that well for me, it seems to leave my hair dry and static like. I just read the other reviews for it though and they make me want to give it another chance or two.. LOL The directions say to saturate hair, I do NOT think thats a good idea, It almost feels like you are spraying pure alcohol on it or something, it worked okay for lifting my roots a bit by spraying a light mist to them just before blow drying. Then spraying a light mist before I used a flat iron seemed to hold pretty well, except I think that if you didnt use a serum or gloss with it, it would leave your hair looking a bit dry and parched.. Overall, I dont think I will purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by pinkgoats

Nice product. Gives a lot of shine, and some hold. I concentrate it on my roots and apply lightly to the rest of my hair. My blowdries come out really nice. It is (as bumble and bumble says) "thickening spray's less controlling sister." and I totally agree with that. Used too much or too often, it can dry out hair. But I still really like it. Nice fresh scent too.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2005 3:25:00 AM More reviews by gossipkween

great product. it helps with heat styling and makes my hair feel great! soft hold which i love. my hair usually gets wavy whenever i dont blow dry it straight, but when i feel lazy, i just mist this product on wat hair and my hair stays straight! loves it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2005 4:35:00 PM More reviews by olivehoney

This stuff really helps set my heat styling and even protects my fine strands. It lasts forever and I love the smell. I especially love how soft it leaves my hair after flat ironing and it even helps make my blow drying session a breeze while eliminating any frizz. A Blowdryer, this spray and a set of velcro rollers and I don't even need to really flat iron my hair most days. I love this stuff :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2005 1:06:00 PM More reviews by kitty62

This is really a 4.5 star review.

I have thick, dry, coarse hair and the rich conditioners I must use leave it floppy and too soft to grip with a brush, making a smooth blow-dry impossible. Impossible without this, that is. It makes drying easier, maybe even quicker, and leaves my hair smooth and shiny with tons of body. I use a little bit of silicone serum underneath (alternating now between Redken Glass and Aveda Light Elements) for good measure. The directions say to saturate the hair, but I get good results with just a fine mist.

So why isn't this a 5-star review? Alcohol is the second ingredient listed, and long-term, that can't be great for dry hair. But until, and unless, I can find another product that gives me the same results without alcohol, I will continue to buy this.

I love the scent of this and other Bumble products I've tried. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2005 4:07:00 AM More reviews by drmngangel

I dont know exactly what this is suppose to do. I use it before i begin any heat styling, esp when i flat iron. i spray onto each section before i flat iron. it seems to make styling alot easier, and it protects my hair from heat styling. i will repurchase because it does seem to make a difference when i use it and when i dont (i did a test). pricey but i like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2005 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Cturlo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have thin, color treated hair and I hate that sticky feeling I get with most products. When I run my hands through my hair I feel like I have to wash them because they feel like they have product all over them. Anyway, the Styling Lotion does not give me that sticky feeling and makes my hair look and feel healthier. I use it when I blow dry, and tried it today just airing dry. It left my hair soft, full of body and not frizzy. My only complaint is the price, but I love it so much I will figure out a way to buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2005 9:31:00 PM More reviews by RobynA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff works great for my long fine blonde color treated hair. Great for a blowout!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2005 2:42:00 PM More reviews by C0nny

Great way for fine hair to make the ends flip in or out without weighing hair down. My hair is colortreated and very fine, but the lotion works well. Smell is so-so.