Redken Clear Moisture Shampoo

3.6

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Dimethicone, Distearyl Ether, Cocamide MIPA, Behenyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Glycerin, Laureth 2, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyquaternium 10, Sodium Methylparaben, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat protein, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Glucosamine HCl, Glutamic Acid, Linalool, Limonene, Oleth 10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Lecithin, Phosphoric Acid, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot Kernel Oil), Phenoxyethanol Methylparaben, Ethylparaben (D6059/2)

on 6/21/2004 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this shampoo, along with the conditioner. I have straight, fine but thick hair. My hair used to be more "normal" but as I have gotten in my mid 20's, it is more normal-dry. I don't need something real heavy for my hair and most products end up weighing my hair down, taking away the shine, building up, etc. This line has been fabulous and just what my hair needs.

It is gentle enough to use everyday and does not seem to build up. It leaves my hair soft, shiny, and with a "bounce". I also bought the moist ends and really like that, too.

I would recommend this for someone who needs a little moisture in their hair...not for someone needing a lot of moisture.

on 6/6/2004 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just bought the 10 oz. bottle of this after trying it out with a trial-size version. My fine, straight, shoulder-length hair hasn't had such a good combination of volume and softness in a long time. Even though my hair is fine, there's a lot of it, and this shampoo (in conjunction with the conditioner) makes it feel absolutely weightless. My hair separates well, rather than hanging in heavy clumps, and it looks healthy and shiny. I don't know if this shampoo would do the job during the winter, when my hair and scalp are really dry, but it's great for summer, when the humidity (here in the Midwest at least) adds a lot of natural moisture. I also bought full-size bottles of the Clear Moisture conditioner and Moist Ends leave-in treatment, since my ends tend to get dried out before the rest of my hair (no surprise there). I find the scent to be pleasant, but barely noticeable, which suits me just fine. I paid $8.50 for this at Ulta. UPDATE -- I just switched to the Avalon Organics Tea Tree Mint line and it kicks Redken's butt (and is a few bucks cheaper). It makes my hair smoother and less coated-feeling than the Redken stuff.

on 5/11/2004 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried this shampoo as part of the intro kit containing shampoo, conditioner, Water Rush deep conditioner, and Moist Ends. I used this shampoo in combo with the clear moisture conditioner and also with the water rush. WOW. I love this stuff. My hair is dry and color treated, in generally good condition. Conditioners, product and moisturizing shampoos tend to build up on my hair easily. Not this stuff. Yes, there is a silicone-based ingredient in the products, but I am having no build up issues. Leaves my hair clean, shiny, conditioned but not heavy. I will update the review after a few more weeks of use. I highly recommend this!
UPDATE: After over a week of use, I am still in love with this stuff. I may actually finish the bottle of shampoo and conditioner, which is incredibly rare for me!

on 5/8/2004 10:57:00 AM

wow! i just bought this at my salon cuz it was in a box with some other clear moisture products on sale. so i tried it and it is great! i have very fine hair and it didn't weigh it down at all, but it still felt very soft. unlike headstrong, which doesn't weigh it down but i have to use another conditioner to soften it up. i took away one lipstick cuz i don't like the smell. i love the smell of headstrong. if this had that smell, it would be perfect!

This stuff is amazing! I had been alternating between Redken's Smooth Down and Color Extend, and it was definitely weighing my hair down. This shampoo gives me a thousand times more volume and soft hair (even though it's still not as soft as with Smooth Down). It also helps my Guts to work better. I highly recommend this.

I went to my stylist who reccomended this for my fine hair. It makes it soft combined with the leave in and conditioner i was given. it doesn't give it too much more body, but i luv how soft and frizzless my hair is! i definitely recomend it compared to other "weightless moisturizers" like dove and pantene. worth the money!!

on 4/9/2004 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a wonderful, weightless, great smelling shampoo for everyday use! If you have normal, to slightly dry hair, this is the perfect shampoo for you! I have fine but abundant, mid-back length hair, which I blow dry and curl 5x's a week, and highlite about twice a year. My hair tends to get tangled/knotted very easily in the shower after I shampoo. MOST shampoos leave my hair feeling like a knotted mess (that dreaded "squeaky clean" feeling that I CANNOT stand!) but this does a fairly good job of not leaving it feeling knotted. I like Redken Smooth Down shampoo a lot better for this, but, like I siad, this would be a great everyday shampoo for somebody with normal hair. The smell is wonderful as well - like freshly washed bed sheets! Overall, not sure if I'd repurchase...I think I'd get Smooth Down shampoo before I'd get this :)

Popular Shampoos