MAC Up The Amp

4.7

on 8/30/2012 9:17:00 PM

Great texture, scent and ease of use.
I sometimes use this as a sort of sheer stain by rubbing it in and other times
use it full force for fun. Mostly it is a summer color for me.
It is like an accessory ~ edgy with a punk element but not as serious as
a bright red would be.

on 8/27/2012 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

the perfect lavender/purple lipstick! I love this ...it works well with my skintone..(warm yellow undertone) and this is my very first purple lipstick :)

on 7/31/2012 1:27:00 PM

I don't usually go for bright or bold colours when purchasing lipsticks, but when I saw this at the MAC counter I fell in love! Purple is my fave colour and this looked pretty and works wells with my asian skin tone (for ref, I'm between an NC35-42, not sure what my current colour match is since I'm tanned). Up The Amp is a good quality lipstick and has a good colour payoff. It's an amplified finish and feels moisturising. It is a medium blue toned purple, almost lavender-ish (the best way I would describe it). I will definitely be wearing this lipstick more often if I'm going out for the evening with friends or clubbing/parties. Also this is a great summer lipstick shade. I have yet to find a matching lip liner for this. But overall this is great for dry lips and if you love statement lipstick shades then this is one of them. I'd happily repurchase this when it runs out :)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really love this lipstick! It is great for all skin shades! It last a pretty good amount of time and I was surprising able to eat and drink with the lipstick still on as if I just applied it! Go for it ladies!

on 4/21/2012 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I got this as a b2mac yesterday, I wanted something bold & everything I picked up was an amplified so I chose this & impassioned. When I asked the mac guy what could I pair it with he said I could try it with dazzleglass funtabulous, which I already had...YAY!! But anyways, when I got home I tried it & I loved!! Def can be worn during the day or night!! I don't know why I never looked at it before but I think it stood out to me this time is because I wanted the new purple heroine color which of course was sold out : ( but im happy with my choice!! I want more amplified colors and took note of which ones for future reference.

on 4/21/2012 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

One of my favorite lipsticks! Beautiful color, super creamy, and amazingly pigmented. When i dont feel like doing much with my eyes, i always reach for this lipstick. i already have another just incase i run out :)

on 3/28/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, wow, wow! I love this lipstick soooo much. I had some money given to me for a treat by my boyfriend and it was burning a serious hole in my pocket! I had wanted MACs Creme Cup lipstick for ages so i went online and put that in my basket. Like i said this money was burning a serious hole so after also putting the naked 2 in my basket (whoop whoop!) and started looking at the MAC lipsticks again. That's when i saw Up The Amp and it was love at first sight! Now i class myself as a savvy shopper and normally sit for hours reading reviews, looking at pictures etc before i commit to by something but Up The Amp was a total impulse buy. For one i'd never heard of it before. I'm soooo glad i did impulse buy this as i love it. It is easily a fave lipstick now. It's a amplified creme formula, which along with the cremesheen formula are my favourites. The colour is such a pretty lavender/purple shade. Described by MAC as lavender violet. I wasn't sure what to expect the first time i wore it as although it looked gorgeous in the tube it was a lot brighter than i would normally wear! On the lips though i was nicely surprised as it looked gorgeous. Bright but not in your face bright, plus you could just put a swipe on for more toned down lips or layer it up for a more vibrant look. Lasts on lips quite well as when it wears off you get left with a pretty stained lip colour. I think the price is quite reasonable. I just love MAC lipsticks in general. The smell is scrummy! I have worn this lipstick a number of times now and i really do love it. It deserves some love and i for one would repurchase tomorrow when i run out.

on 3/8/2012 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wow! What a surprise! I would never have picked up this lipstick but after getting Coygirl blush which is a pinky-lavender I thought I needed a lipstick to match. Up the Amp is a rosy-pink-lavender that is just gorgeous on it's own or with a touch of gloss. I layered it with Butterfly Dream from the Vera collection and I can see myself wearing this combo for the rest of the month! It's an amplified finish and wears so comfortably on the lip. Try this if you are looking for something a little different to wear on the lips!

on 3/3/2012 10:26:00 PM

I really love Up the Amp. It's a beautiful medium lavender with a pink undertone- great for spring! Since it's an Amplified, it's pigmented with a wonderfully creamy texture, and wears for hours. If you're on a budget, Revlon Berry Haute is similar, but different enough to warrant buying both if you're a purple lover.

on 2/23/2012 2:21:00 PM

I love this lipstick! I wanted something a little different to give my lips a fun pop of color. I'm not a huge lipstick person but thought this was pretty and fun. I put it on lightly with a touch of gloss and it is super gorge. I find that it's not too purply if used lightly. For a night out I think it would look chic and fun to pile it on heavier. This is a super pretty lipstick with an awesome texture that I will buy again.

Popular Lipsticks