Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

4.2

on 3/2/2012 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

In terms of skin tone, I am nc35 in mac, very yellow undertone. I found this lipstick to have too much of a blue-ish tone to it. Completely unflattering on me. But I can imagine why it looks lovely on others.

The formula is quite lovely and creamy, and in the tube, the colour is gorgeous. Just not on me. Unfortunately, still on the hunt for the perfect everyday pink. :(

on 3/1/2012 10:48:00 PM

I bought this looking for a baby pink that would work with my NC30 skin and brunette/auburn hair. Unfortunately it looks terrible on me. I'd call this more of a barbie pink than a baby pink. It has a definite blue/mauve undertone that just makes me look fake and clownish and weird. I am returning this.

on 2/21/2012 12:23:00 PM

I love Revlon lipsticks in general, but I think this shade only looks good with a gloss, or it'll look kind of like fake pink on me. Though, I have gotten compliments when I wear it with a gloss.

on 2/21/2012 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Really pretty midtone pink color. If you want a best result just dab on your lips lightly and spread it evenly with your finger. It will give you a natural soft pink lips. Even better when you put a nude gloss on top of it for a sexy plump lips.

I love it, it suits me very well, very good quality! actuallt better than my lancome ones......wow :)

on 2/20/2012 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this while going through my little 'early american 40s to 60s' phase and I thought that it would be perfect and creamy AND IT IS. Pink in the Afternoon is a delicious cool-toned (DEFINITELY cool toned on me. NO hints of coral or any warm tones.) lip creme. It's semi-matte and pretty sheer, but that's the bad part. The lipstick applies a little streaky and thats kind of a pain in the ass, but I find that if I exfoliate first, apply the lipstick thickly and then spread it out using my finger or my manicare retractable lip brush, and then it looks perfect! True, it's a little pale and cold on my skin which is neutral, leaning slightly to the warm side, but it's nice if you're wearing something that matches, like skinny pants and ballet flats. :D

on 2/18/2012 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Gah, such a pretty color on other people, but not on me! It looks very pale and, like another review has said, an old-lady color that doesn't quite flatter my coloring. I can see it working on others with different skin tone. Although, unlike my other Revlon lippies, this one NEEDS smooth lips to look good--it will show any lip flakies/dryness.

on 1/27/2012 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have been obsessed with pink lipsticks lately. It's interesting that everyone describes this color differently. On me it's a bright pink and not coral at all. It looks great on my nc42 skintone. Its very pigmented. It's a good bright pink for me. Im sure Amber Rose would rock this pink! I sure do love it! Best Revlon pink in my world.

on 1/21/2012 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

There's something very weird about this color. I love pink lipsticks and the super lustrous line and someone had said this was a dupe for Maybelline Pink Please (which they are COMPLETELY wrong about -- this is a warm peachy/pink and pink please is much more neutral, a slightly warm but not nearly as warm as this nudey/brownish red tinged pink.). I bought it thinking yes! Finally, a dupe for my favorite lipstick which is discontinued! Nope, this is a salmony, strange peach color and it's so warm toned that I am overwhelmed by how much of a nasty-old-lady lipstick this becomes. I really don't recommend this color unless you are the yellowest skintone imaginable.

on 1/1/2012 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Method of application is key with this lipstick. I am a fair and cool blonde. If I apply this straight out of the tube, it is a most unflattering, milky, opaque salmon color. However, if I dab a little on a clean finger and smooth it over my lips it becomes this very flattering, slightly warm, neutral pink that my cool skin can actually pull off rather well. So, I guess what I'm saying is that if you buy this and it seems unflattering, don't pitch it in the bin until you play with it a bit.

Popular Lipsticks