Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

4.2

on 3/31/2012 7:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Its very nice and hydrating. The colour is BEAUTIFUL! It coms out as a bright pink on my lips. But a subtle bright pink.

Its a great lipstick, I'd buy the shades I like again :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this color! I have pigmented lips and this just looks so pretty. I like this with Stila Kitten lipgloss on top, and it also looks great with Nymphette or Nars Orgasm lipgloss on top.

on 3/17/2012 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Picked this up from my local market for 1.50. Love that price! And love this lipstick! As soon as I put it one, my face instantly brightened up. I'd always wondered when I'd find a lipstick that would do that. It just looks so right and very flattering. This shade of pink would look amazing on a lot of women. It's a creme so there's no shimmer, yet it still makes my lips look a little fuller. It's got a great texture, as have all the Revlon lipsticks that I've tried. I'll definitely repurchase.

on 3/2/2012 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

In terms of skin tone, I am nc35 in mac, very yellow undertone. I found this lipstick to have too much of a blue-ish tone to it. Completely unflattering on me. But I can imagine why it looks lovely on others.

The formula is quite lovely and creamy, and in the tube, the colour is gorgeous. Just not on me. Unfortunately, still on the hunt for the perfect everyday pink. :(

on 3/1/2012 10:48:00 PM

I bought this looking for a baby pink that would work with my NC30 skin and brunette/auburn hair. Unfortunately it looks terrible on me. I'd call this more of a barbie pink than a baby pink. It has a definite blue/mauve undertone that just makes me look fake and clownish and weird. I am returning this.

on 2/21/2012 12:23:00 PM

I love Revlon lipsticks in general, but I think this shade only looks good with a gloss, or it'll look kind of like fake pink on me. Though, I have gotten compliments when I wear it with a gloss.

on 2/21/2012 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Really pretty midtone pink color. If you want a best result just dab on your lips lightly and spread it evenly with your finger. It will give you a natural soft pink lips. Even better when you put a nude gloss on top of it for a sexy plump lips.

I love it, it suits me very well, very good quality! actuallt better than my lancome ones......wow :)

on 2/20/2012 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this while going through my little 'early american 40s to 60s' phase and I thought that it would be perfect and creamy AND IT IS. Pink in the Afternoon is a delicious cool-toned (DEFINITELY cool toned on me. NO hints of coral or any warm tones.) lip creme. It's semi-matte and pretty sheer, but that's the bad part. The lipstick applies a little streaky and thats kind of a pain in the ass, but I find that if I exfoliate first, apply the lipstick thickly and then spread it out using my finger or my manicare retractable lip brush, and then it looks perfect! True, it's a little pale and cold on my skin which is neutral, leaning slightly to the warm side, but it's nice if you're wearing something that matches, like skinny pants and ballet flats. :D

on 2/18/2012 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Gah, such a pretty color on other people, but not on me! It looks very pale and, like another review has said, an old-lady color that doesn't quite flatter my coloring. I can see it working on others with different skin tone. Although, unlike my other Revlon lippies, this one NEEDS smooth lips to look good--it will show any lip flakies/dryness.

Popular Lipsticks