November 23, 2014 | 2116 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by thebeesknees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gah, such a pretty color on other people, but not on me! It looks very pale and, like another review has said, an old-lady color that doesn't quite flatter my coloring. I can see it working on others with different skin tone. Although, unlike my other Revlon lippies, this one NEEDS smooth lips to look good--it will show any lip flakies/dryness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been obsessed with pink lipsticks lately. It's interesting that everyone describes this color differently. On me it's a bright pink and not coral at all. It looks great on my nc42 skintone. Its very pigmented. It's a good bright pink for me. Im sure Amber Rose would rock this pink! I sure do love it! Best Revlon pink in my world.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

There's something very weird about this color. I love pink lipsticks and the super lustrous line and someone had said this was a dupe for Maybelline Pink Please (which they are COMPLETELY wrong about -- this is a warm peachy/pink and pink please is much more neutral, a slightly warm but not nearly as warm as this nudey/brownish red tinged pink.). I bought it thinking yes! Finally, a dupe for my favorite lipstick which is discontinued! Nope, this is a salmony, strange peach color and it's so warm toned that I am overwhelmed by how much of a nasty-old-lady lipstick this becomes. I really don't recommend this color unless you are the yellowest skintone imaginable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Method of application is key with this lipstick. I am a fair and cool blonde. If I apply this straight out of the tube, it is a most unflattering, milky, opaque salmon color. However, if I dab a little on a clean finger and smooth it over my lips it becomes this very flattering, slightly warm, neutral pink that my cool skin can actually pull off rather well. So, I guess what I'm saying is that if you buy this and it seems unflattering, don't pitch it in the bin until you play with it a bit.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by sexylovie84

YAY!!! what a great lipstick!! this stuck out at me while at the store, but I came home to check it on MUA first! I got it today and it's so creamy, perfect natural amazing color!! I will definitely buy more Revlon lipsticks! I had no idea they were so pigmented and creamy moist! I hope they carry this shade for ev er!!!! Joy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by kisstheradio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A gorgeous, creamy lipstick. It's not drying at all, and it's this lovely warm pink color. I probably won't buy this shade again, just because I don't use it everyday (I find that it's actually fairly bright on my lips) and so I probably won't use it up any time soon, but I would definitely buy other lipsticks from the Super Lustrous range.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by foppery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's funny that another reviewer found this lipstick too cool for her skin tone, because it was much too warm for mine (NW15 or lighter). The color was a beautiful dusty rose in the tube, but it turned an unflattering peach/salmon color on my lips. (I also noticed that my natural reddish lip color peeked through unless I applied the lipstick with a very heavy hand.) The formula was nice and creamy, and I don't doubt the color would work on other people, but I wouldn't recommend this lipstick to pale, cool-toned people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

pink in the afternoon is a creamy pink/ coral lipstick.it is creamy,last long,perfect for a little punch of color! Goes really well with any nude,coral,lilac,dark purple,black eye shadows!love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm partial on this color. Its too bright for my liking on a daily basis, I was expecting a softer, more muted pink. I could still pull this off occasionally, but I'm not too daring & look for everyday use in all the shades I purchase. All the swatches I found online were different, along with the images here. Only the first & last are true to its real shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really in love with this lippie. I would compare the pigmentation and formula of this to a high end lipstick. I've always liked Revlon lipsticks though. The color is a beautiful warm pink. It can be applied with a light hand to give you a MLBB look, or by using a heavy hand, you can really get a bright lip. I would certainly repurchase and would recommend this product to anyone.