September 16, 2014 | 2078 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Savvy890

this is cheap, and it great!
-it cleans
-it is sensitive to my skin
-it only has the lihtest scent of aloe
-you can get 3 bars for $1
4 lippies (like someone else said, no bells and whistles, it just does what it's supposed to do) i like dove go fresh alot!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by apollosrose

This is a cheap, basic soap without any bells and whistles. It does what it is supposed to do - clean. It does not cause me breakouts, rashes, itchiness, or any other side effects.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My dermat recommended a plain soap with no added moisturizers for my acne. She said Ivory was the cheapest and the best. I started using Ivory, along with new acne meds, and my skin has never been better! I know the meds play a huge part but if I were to forget to use them and just use Ivory for a few days, my skin will still remain clear. I won't use any other soap on my face. I use Ivory on my body too although I always use a shower gel afterward for extra moisture.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by thirdstrokelucky

The worst soap I've ever used! You would think Ivory would gently cleanse your skin because of its white (and therefore innocent) packaging, and its slogan "Simply Ivory."

The result of using this soap on my hands was red itchy patches! Horrible. The fragrance is horrible too.

Jergens is better by far.

Ingredients: SODIUM TALLOWATE AND/OR SODIUM PALMATE, WATER, SODIUM COCOATE AND/OR SODIUM PALM KERNELATE, GLYCERIN, SODIUM CHLORIDE, FRAGRANCE, COCONUT ACID*, PALM KERNEL ACID*, TALLOW ACID*, PALM ACID*, TETRASODIUM EDTA.

*CONTAINS ONE OR MORE OF THESE INGREDIENTS.
(The ingredients don't sound simple to me what with the and/or's and the asterisks.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When my skin began to really break out on my chin, temple hairline and forehead, I tried all I could think of (age 39 with usually rare breakouts); however, the dryness is harsh and I can't find a moisturizer that will sink in without making my skin feel really odd (dry in the middle and too much on the chin and foreheard hence what is it doing to my skin?). I do like the classic fragrance though but since it competes with the selected perfume of the day, even that's a bit much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

I really, really wanted to like this soap...but my experience with it has not been great. I liked that it cleaned my face thoroughly, but it dried out my skin really badly. It also accentuated alot of lines which were not there previously-thus my face was so tight and dry. The scent did not please me either. I much prefer Dove so I will stick with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2007 1:53:00 AM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i've been buying this stuff on and off for the past 5 years--i've ALWAYS got a few bars of this soap on hand. i'd say that this is one of the best soaps on the market. i stray and use skin-softening or moisturizing bar soaps, vegan soaps, and all natural liquid soaps... and i always come back to this. it's a soap that does what soap is supposed to do--clean.

what i love about this soap is that it cleans the surface of the skin ONLY. i'll use a mild soap like Dove unscented or Johnson's baby soap... and my skin will be soft... but won't feel very clean and it will itch if i don't shower every single day (obviously to reintroduce moisture to the skin). this is even AFTER using one of the many rich lotions or creams that i have in my arsenal.

i scrub my skin down with this and a washcloth... and yeah... my skin will feel like it's going to get very dry, but after moisturizing my skin, i don't have to shower again until i'm dirty--not because i'm itchy.

the reason i use this on and off is because during the summer, i like to tan and this simply isn't strong enough to remove all the tanning oil from my body. otherwise, i'd use this year round. it's cheap, effective, and it's been around for 125 years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 2:42:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I looooove Ivory soap. I love the "classic" scent. I love that I can use this everyday in the shower and I don't develop rashes all over my arms. and I love that in a pinch I can use this on my dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin w/o totally f'ing it up. on top of that it's cheap! and it floats!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by getsinyoureyes

I used to use Ivory soap, I loved the smell and I thought it was a gentle soap. That was before a dermatologist told me that this stuff strips a lot of the natural oils on your skin (and it was contributing to my excema) she recommended Dove bar soap and I noticed the difference in how my skin felt right away. This soap is probably fine if you don't have any issues with dry skin, but this isn't as gentle a soap as it likes to make itself out to be.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2007 9:23:00 AM More reviews by starberr1e

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This soap just reminds me of staying at my Grandma's house when I was little! She swore by Ivory soap and vinegar & baking soda to scrub the bathroom so everything at her house always smelled so fresh and clean without being all perfumey and chemical smelling. This soap is lovely for my skin in the summer when I don't need to use much moisturizer, but in the winter it's a tad drying so I switch to a Dove bar or a moisturizing body wash. It cleans very well though, and leaves my skin smelling fresh without clashing with my perfume. I also use it to wash my male dog as he's allergic to a lot of different dog shampoos, but Ivory doesn't irritate his skin. Plus, it's super-cheap and available at just about any dollar store, grocery store, or Kmart/Walmart, so I always have a few extra bars stashed in my linen closet.