July 24, 2014 | 976 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

I love this powder for my shiny nose. The rest of my face gets flaky and dry, so I don't use it anywhere else cause I don't need to. I have very pale skin and I'm glad I read the reviews and didn't get the light color, because medium is perfect. I carry this with me everyday as I usually need a touch up in the afternoon. I bought a retractable travel brush and just threw the puff away.
EDIT: This product makes my skin itch a little bit, so I have started using Laura Mercier pressed powder, which I LOVE. In comparison the MAC powder is much grainier and more drying - better for people with normal/oily to oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2008 5:53:00 AM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Great product. I stayed matte about 6 hrs with this stuff and I have very oily skin. However I wasn't sure whether it was this stuff alone or my powder foundation that made me stay matte. Probably a combo of both.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 9:51:00 AM More reviews by gina2685

This powder is one of the best out there if you want to set and matify your makeup without any cakiness. That's the reason I bought it and I have not regretted it at all. My skin is combo and my t zone gets oily after some hours but this powder has seriously diminished the times I need to blot through the day. Mind you, it doesn't give any colour it just "freshens" your face. The compact is good and secure and th price is right for the amount and the quality you're getting. The shade I'm using is Medium even though I'm pale/light. This is a bit confusing so maybe MAC should consider changing the names of the shades of this particular product. But, in overall, it's one of the best and cleverest products they made in the last years.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 12:12:00 AM More reviews by cheriepie83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product!I don't have oily face.though I have a healthy shine myself on my skin not oily only shine.but sometimes my makeup don't lasts long....and this blot powder...makes my makeups...lasts longer....

This is not a finishing powder....though i use it to set my makeup....after I've finished applying all over makeups(foundation, blush,bronzer.shimmer....blah blah) I use a small amount of blot powder on top of my blush,foundie....etc and it goes....a wow factor because it makes my face looks like...hm what do I called it..?airbrush! it blends my makeup well...it's so hard to describe this b/c in my own country I use another language than english....

well....this is amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by ncncncbaby

I really like this stuff. It goes on silky and it's completely invisible on my skin. There's no visible powder or chalkiness. It really does cover all of the shine, even on the tip of my nose--which is very stubborn. The compact is very classy & chic. It comes with a mirror, which is nice for touch-ups.

Downfalls: It doesn't last incredibly long. It has a slight perfume-y scent which doesn't bother me, but might bother some people. The biggest Con for me is it makes my face itch a little bit =/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good stuff, just not good enough for me. Medium is bordering on too light, and I'm hardly dark! Anyway, where was I...yes, so this just doesn't absorb well enough for me, and the finish is kinda chalky and dusty looking. I much prefer my Flirt! Love & Matteness Oil-Free Pressed Powder. This is now up for swap.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2008 8:13:00 AM More reviews by petit_ami

Love this. I bought this for my wedding day. I have an oily T zone and I didn't want to have a shiny nose and so I used this throughout the day. There's no colour transfer and isn't cakey. I now use this at work and always apply some before meetings.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by cyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. My skin's not oily so I use the blot powder to get rid of shine and it works amazingly. Other powders build up and get cakey after a few applications but the blot powder is made for frequent use. It doesn't have much color at all so all it does is get rid of oil/shine which is perfect for me since I don't need much coverage. One compact also lasts a long time because you only need a few dabs to get rid of any shine/oil. I carry this powder with me everywhere for touch-ups. The only thing that I could find wrong (not even wrong, just a little odd) with this product is that my skin is pretty fair (NC20) yet I have to use medium for the blot powder...so the color scheme seems to be a little off. It doesn't matter though because there's pretty much no color anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Steph84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start off by describing my skin: combination, with a very oily T-Zone, pale, sensitive. I usually need to blot my forehead, nose, and chin within about an hour after applying makeup (gross!). I don't really like blotting papers, mostly because I use a very sheer amount of mineral powder as a foundation and I feel that when my skin gets oily it gets a little red, and i like to cover that. I hate the feeling of blotting with powder all day and building up makeup along with that (I used to use Dior oil control powder--but that is discontinued). I read that MAC blot powder did not build up on your face, so I bought it to try it. The MA suggested Medium powder, and he was right. The Light powder is WHITE. The medium is very light in itself. Don't go by the names when choosing a color. The powder comes in the typical black case with a terrycloth sponge. I use a kabuki brush to apply it in the morning and the powder puff for touch ups. This usually controls oil for a few hours. If I need to reblot, I pat this on again and it doesn't build up. There is enough pigmentation that it covers up slight redness. However, if you use too much, you can see the powder up close. Since it's made to absorb oil, if you do not have enough oil on your skin to absorb it, it will just sit on top and it can look a little grainy.
I highly recommend this powder for anyone who is looking for oil control throughout the day. It did not irritate my sensitive skin and it does not build up--so no cakey look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

When I wear foundation (esp liquids), I can literally feel the oil on my nose breaking down my foundation. Other than my nose, I can faintly see I get oily on top of my cheeks, a little on my forehead, and faintly on my chin. This really is a life saver. However, you will need to blot 2.5-3.5 hours later. I can see how ladies who are oilier skin than me will that they hit the pan faster, so i suggest getting some blot film and then put this on top. other than that... this is really a HG. This can be used to set powder, but I use it both for setting and touch-up powder since it is invisible. I don't use this for setting powder when it comes to powder foundation or say Studio Tech. What I do do however, is use Studio Tech and dust some Studio Fix as setting powder, and then use blot powder to offset the oily breakthroughs.