December 20, 2014 | 936 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This was one of those impulse, on-a-whim purchases for me. The only Viva Glam lipstick I ever considered buying was VG IV, but my MAC counter didn't have it in stock, and I wanted my next lipstick purchase to be Patisserie, but my counter didn't carry it. Apparently only the MAC stores carry it??
Anyway, I love the lustre finish in MAC l/s, and I immediately fell in love with this shade. How I skipped over this shade before, is a mystery to me. I'm NW15, with naturally pigmented lips (a bit more pigmented than normal), and I found this to be the perfect MLBB shade. PERFECT pinky neutral pearl rose. It looks a little dark in the tube, but being a lustre, of course it's going to be on the sheer side. It pulls a tad bit brown on me when built up, but it still looks gorgeous, and instantly brightens up my face no matter how I wear it. People look at this as a more 'mature' color, but I disagree, because of its sheerness. I also appreciate that every Viva Glam purchase goes toward a good cause. This is my fifth MAC lippie, and I can definitely see myself repurchasing this shade many times in the future. Lasting power was decent, around 4 hours without touchups (but I didn't eat anything, I just had a glass of iced tea during that time). With this lipstick, I instantly look 'naturally' made up. Need I say more? If you are a fair-skinned gal like me, go and get this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 More reviews by lawschoolnerd1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic lipstick! And this is coming from someone who is not a lipstick person. I really like this lipstick because it is definitely a MLBB shade. I like to put this on to give my lips a hint of colour and shine and it brightens up my face a bit. It isn't too sparkly or drying. I can wear this on it's own and it is great, although I sometimes finish it off with Clinique's Long Last Glosswear in Bamboo Pink, which brings out the pink in Viva Glam V. I am NW20 but I imagine this lipstick would work well on almost anyone. This is by far my favourite lipstick. The packaging is sleek and well-done, too! I will be repurchasing this lipstick, especially since 100% of the purchase price supports the MAC AIDS Fund. I feel pretty good knowing that my lipstick purchase can provide a pair of shoes for a child, and other good things.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by nolamama10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE this lipstick! The color is just perfect...nude-ish with just a touch of pink. I use MAC's Subculture lip liner with it and it is awesome! perfect for everyday and when i go out, i add some clear gloss over it to give it some shine. would definitely recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by LindsayRoseEliz

I love the color of this lip stick, and what I love even more is that 100% of the purchase price goes to charity. How cool is that??? I bought it as my first higher-end lipstick.

I'm so, so, so sad to say that I've had an allergic reaction to this lipstick. This isn't the first time it's happen by any means, but i was hoping it wouldn't happen with MAC. I think i'm allergic to the scent they use... most things i react to have a vanilla-y scent.

I refuse to return it because it goes to such a good cause, so i'm selling it to my aunt, who LOVES it. If you don't have a history with sensitive lips, then get this asap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I love this colour on my NC30 skintone. It's the first lustre lipstick that I've brought from MAC because usually I like their creme-sheen finishes better. It's not as frosty as I thought it would be, infact it has a nice shimmery pearl finish. The colour is like a MLBB (my lips but better) shade but with a slight mauve tone that looks very pretty and wearable for a day-to-day look. This would be a great colour for many skintones in my opinion because it's not too cool and not too warm.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by EverAbandoned

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ah... I really love this lipstick. My second MAC lippy; I agree with many others that it is the shade of my lips, but enhanced! This lustre (sheer) neutral pink lipstick with shimmer is perfect for many people. I don't find it any bit drying and I never have the urge to put a gloss over it because it's shimmery. i've had the tube for about six months using it about everyday. Every cent was worth it, especially because it's for a good cause.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

My first Mac lippie purchase, i was buying an eyeliner and was attracted to the lipstick area, the saleslady helped me pick this shade out as i wanted a neutral pink. This is a lovely pink shade with a light gold sparkle to it. Very drying though so a lip balm or gloss on top is a must!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

It looks like previous reviewers have taken the words right out of my mouth. This lipstick, for me, is "like my natural lip colour - but better!" It makes for a nice neutralish pink lipstick for when I don't want too much emphasis on my lips. It adds a bit of a glossy look, but not bold. I could bounce back and forth between "Viva Glam V" and "Crosswires" and my magenta-coloured lipstick and I think I'd be set. I'm really glad that I purchased this lipstick. It's a classic. It never lets me down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NW44 so this is a nude lippie for me. I LOVE IT! Plus it has shine so I really don't feel the need to put lipgloss over it. It's perfectly nude and I don't need lipliner or lipglass if I don't want to add it or don't have time. I do want the matching lipglass because I don't want to change the color on this lipstick in any way. I also looked up what Viva Glam does when you buy a lipstick or lipglass and my $14.50 goes a loooong way. MAC rocks!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by xoxmelissaa

I loveloveloveee this lipstick! It's my everyday color if I put on any make up. The color is like my lip color, but better. It's a nice neutral pink color. I hardly ever wear lip gloss (I wouldn't want to anyways, I'm not the biggest lip gloss fan) over this because it already has a little bit of gold shimmer, so it's perfect :) I'm sure almost everyone would be able to rock this color.