Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.3

Very disappointing - I have used this a few times but it has always ruined the overall look of my make-up. It's just TOO shiny/shimmery- nothing subtle here! Quite cheap and tacky looking imo. I always end up with a 'transvestite'/'wannabe glamour girl' look. Even when trying to use a light hand, it's so easy to apply too much. Perhaps I need more practice applying it, but I doubt it - just not the product for me at all. And it's FAR too expensive! 2 out of 5 lippies from me

Love this stuff. I sweep it on my cheekbones, browbone, and over the front of my nose --> instant natural looking radiance. It makes a decent eyeshadow highlighter in a pinch. I get compliments on my 'radiant skin' all the time, and I think it's likely because of this stuff.

The packaging looks great, unfortunately, the shimmerbrick itself has detached itself from the rest of the case, and actually broken (fortunately, still usable). I did take it travelling, but didn't throw it around or anything.

I took one lippie off for the unfortunate packaging.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Great highlighter for cheekbones. Gives a shimmer and lights up the eyes. I am a lite olive-medium with dark hair & eyes. This one joins my other favorite the APricot Shimmerbrick. Awesome products.

Wow ! The most luminous and beautiful highlighter ! Stays all day, pigmetation is a dream. Perfection !

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this mainly as eyeshadow--all colors mixed or the ivory and another separately. Rather glimmery so use sparingly, one part of the face only. The beige is pretty neutral. I suppose one could mix it with a bit of lipgloss or nailpolish too.....ideas anyone?

I did not like this , though I had a lemming for it since I joined this board . Had a make over, the MA used this on me ,bought it ,but regretted later.This turns me into a disco ball , does not give me the subtle candle lit glow I was after .I would not recommend this to ladies with open pores or oily skin. Might work for some but I was not impressed considering BB is very expensive here .
Tried Becca shimmer pressed powder Angel on Bastet and Candy's recommendations and it is gorgeous !!!!!! gives the perfect candlelit glow and is suitable for daytime wear as well

For some reason I was never interested in Bobby Brown cosmetics....BUT Shimmer Brick Beige caught my eye! And I HAD to have it no matter what! I did not even try it!Gotta tell you: beautiful colours,nice packaging. But what a mistake it was...The colours give you nice shimmer for about 2 hours! and that's it!!! They sink into the skin leaving no colour behind at all.So,I thought ,maybe my skin is too oily and I need some eye shadow base .I got L'Oreal De-Crease Eye Shadow base(which is by the way soooooooo awesome with any other eyeshadows!!!!)....but it did not work out....in about 2 hours it was the same mess all over again....So not worth 25 $!
Hopefully other girls have better luck with it.)))

Why did I wait so long to get it? Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmerbrick is so beautiful!!! And it's very versatile too. I use the individual shades as e/s, or use the entire compact on my cheekbones to highlight. It gives the best highlight too, makes my skin looks absolutely glowy (in a very natural way). This is probably my fav Shimmerbrick by far.

I love this highlighter. It is a great color for pale skin. Shows a great glow. Would buy over and over.

I don't really like to use this as a highlighter because it has too much sparkle and shimmer for my taste. I like to use it to highlight my eyes though. I probably will not buy it again since I can just use an eyeshadow to do the same thing.