December 20, 2014 | 1749 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2005 2:59:00 AM More reviews by navN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did not like this , though I had a lemming for it since I joined this board . Had a make over, the MA used this on me ,bought it ,but regretted later.This turns me into a disco ball , does not give me the subtle candle lit glow I was after .I would not recommend this to ladies with open pores or oily skin. Might work for some but I was not impressed considering BB is very expensive here .
Tried Becca shimmer pressed powder Angel on Bastet and Candy's recommendations and it is gorgeous !!!!!! gives the perfect candlelit glow and is suitable for daytime wear as well

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2005 9:02:00 PM More reviews by lenish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For some reason I was never interested in Bobby Brown cosmetics....BUT Shimmer Brick Beige caught my eye! And I HAD to have it no matter what! I did not even try it!Gotta tell you: beautiful colours,nice packaging. But what a mistake it was...The colours give you nice shimmer for about 2 hours! and that's it!!! They sink into the skin leaving no colour behind at all.So,I thought ,maybe my skin is too oily and I need some eye shadow base .I got L'Oreal De-Crease Eye Shadow base(which is by the way soooooooo awesome with any other eyeshadows!!!!)....but it did not work out....in about 2 hours it was the same mess all over again....So not worth 25 $!
Hopefully other girls have better luck with it.)))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2005 5:58:00 PM More reviews by purelai

Why did I wait so long to get it? Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmerbrick is so beautiful!!! And it's very versatile too. I use the individual shades as e/s, or use the entire compact on my cheekbones to highlight. It gives the best highlight too, makes my skin looks absolutely glowy (in a very natural way). This is probably my fav Shimmerbrick by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2005 3:19:00 PM More reviews by shimmering

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this highlighter. It is a great color for pale skin. Shows a great glow. Would buy over and over.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2005 10:25:00 AM More reviews by kks1977

I don't really like to use this as a highlighter because it has too much sparkle and shimmer for my taste. I like to use it to highlight my eyes though. I probably will not buy it again since I can just use an eyeshadow to do the same thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2005 10:38:00 PM More reviews by maddiesmom4

I really wanted to love this Shimmerbrick, and because I do love alot of products in Bobbi's line, I ran out to buy it without knowing that much about it. I assumed that anything by Bobbi Brown would look natural/neutral, so how bad could it be, right? My first thought on seeing it in the store (I didn't test it first) was that it was overly shimmery but was told that the shimmer would be subtle. Well, unfortunately, this bronzer tends to look pearly/white on me and I feel that I look somewhat too sparkly. I also don't feel I was heavy-handed in my application. I have also tried the colors individually as e/s and still feel that there is too much shimmer for my liking. Overall, I gave this product 3 lippies because I have had it in my collection for some time, but never reach for it due to the reasons stated above. Long story short, off to swap it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2005 1:27:00 PM More reviews by dreamygal08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this! I heard so much about shimmerbricks forever and had wanted one forever, well I finally got one and I think it lives up to my expectations! It makes me have a "candle lit glow"! I never wear this during the day, but for a night out this is amazing! I love the colors in the beige shimmerbrick, they work very well together. This just adds a little color to my skin, brightening it up! Great!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2005 9:49:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

I got this in 2004. I liked it for quite a while and I used a very light touch on the cheekbones and sometimes around the eyes (lids, tear duct). In general, however, I find it far too harshly sparkly for me (I'm 40 yrs old). I much prefer Laura Mercier - Illuminating Powder (mine is the Pink Quad) as it is more subtle and easier to use. Like many others - my Shimmerbrick broke, which made me very angry. I travel alot and appreciate a sturdy product!

EDIT over two years later....I put the powdered mess into a ziplock and use it all the time as eyeshadow and/or highlighter at the tear ducts. Use it all the time now, and quite like it. Is a great bronze-y neutral for my olive skin. Still, it's too expensive and fragile for something that I dot in the corners of my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2005 1:52:00 PM More reviews by lisa2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In general, I like this Beige Shimmerbrick. It does look very nice when first applied, however, I find that as the day goes on (maybe 2-3 hours) I look a bit shiny ! I feel that the product does not stay true and breaks down after a little bit of time. Applying the Shimmerbrick on top does not solve the problem, I must apply a regular pressed powder and then the Shimmer brick in order to attain the initial look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2005 4:21:00 PM More reviews by GypsyMoth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing product! I use it as a highlighter and it far surpasses anything I've ever tried. Manages to give just the right amount of radiance and can be used with as little or as much makeup as you want - it always manages to look good. Make sure to use a good quality brush, with appropriate sizing for what you plan to do with it (i.e. blush, highlighter, all over shimmer - whatever) as it will drastically impact the ease and outcome of application.