Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.3

on 11/9/2005 7:11:00 AM

Very disappointing - I have used this a few times but it has always ruined the overall look of my make-up. It's just TOO shiny/shimmery- nothing subtle here! Quite cheap and tacky looking imo. I always end up with a 'transvestite'/'wannabe glamour girl' look. Even when trying to use a light hand, it's so easy to apply too much. Perhaps I need more practice applying it, but I doubt it - just not the product for me at all. And it's FAR too expensive! 2 out of 5 lippies from me

on 11/5/2005 9:53:00 PM

Love this stuff. I sweep it on my cheekbones, browbone, and over the front of my nose --> instant natural looking radiance. It makes a decent eyeshadow highlighter in a pinch. I get compliments on my 'radiant skin' all the time, and I think it's likely because of this stuff.

The packaging looks great, unfortunately, the shimmerbrick itself has detached itself from the rest of the case, and actually broken (fortunately, still usable). I did take it travelling, but didn't throw it around or anything.

I took one lippie off for the unfortunate packaging.

on 10/13/2005 9:49:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Great highlighter for cheekbones. Gives a shimmer and lights up the eyes. I am a lite olive-medium with dark hair & eyes. This one joins my other favorite the APricot Shimmerbrick. Awesome products.

on 10/4/2005 4:45:00 PM

Wow ! The most luminous and beautiful highlighter ! Stays all day, pigmetation is a dream. Perfection !

on 9/12/2005 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this mainly as eyeshadow--all colors mixed or the ivory and another separately. Rather glimmery so use sparingly, one part of the face only. The beige is pretty neutral. I suppose one could mix it with a bit of lipgloss or nailpolish too.....ideas anyone?

on 9/6/2005 2:59:00 AM

I did not like this , though I had a lemming for it since I joined this board . Had a make over, the MA used this on me ,bought it ,but regretted later.This turns me into a disco ball , does not give me the subtle candle lit glow I was after .I would not recommend this to ladies with open pores or oily skin. Might work for some but I was not impressed considering BB is very expensive here .
Tried Becca shimmer pressed powder Angel on Bastet and Candy's recommendations and it is gorgeous !!!!!! gives the perfect candlelit glow and is suitable for daytime wear as well

on 8/23/2005 9:02:00 PM

For some reason I was never interested in Bobby Brown cosmetics....BUT Shimmer Brick Beige caught my eye! And I HAD to have it no matter what! I did not even try it!Gotta tell you: beautiful colours,nice packaging. But what a mistake it was...The colours give you nice shimmer for about 2 hours! and that's it!!! They sink into the skin leaving no colour behind at all.So,I thought ,maybe my skin is too oily and I need some eye shadow base .I got L'Oreal De-Crease Eye Shadow base(which is by the way soooooooo awesome with any other eyeshadows!!!!)....but it did not work out....in about 2 hours it was the same mess all over again....So not worth 25 $!
Hopefully other girls have better luck with it.)))

on 8/18/2005 5:58:00 PM

Why did I wait so long to get it? Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmerbrick is so beautiful!!! And it's very versatile too. I use the individual shades as e/s, or use the entire compact on my cheekbones to highlight. It gives the best highlight too, makes my skin looks absolutely glowy (in a very natural way). This is probably my fav Shimmerbrick by far.

on 7/22/2005 3:19:00 PM

I love this highlighter. It is a great color for pale skin. Shows a great glow. Would buy over and over.

on 7/15/2005 10:25:00 AM

I don't really like to use this as a highlighter because it has too much sparkle and shimmer for my taste. I like to use it to highlight my eyes though. I probably will not buy it again since I can just use an eyeshadow to do the same thing.