October 26, 2014 | 1187 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by mariselayoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to mascara for everyday use, and I probably will keep purchasing it 'till the end of time, though of course some freaky miracle eyelash contraption will probably be invented before then, so...

This is NOT the mascara to purchase if you want the most voluminous, dark, and long lashes in the world. This mascara definitely doesn't give you any length.

However, it does what it promises on the tube. It provides you with more volume and makes your lashes super soft and nice to touch. What makes it so perfect for every-day use is how natural it looks.

Part of being having a very natural effect is its ability to separate lashes. I never get clumps using Full 'N Soft, even when applying multiple coats.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great everyday natural/casual mascara...I dont get a lot of clumping with this & they do feel softer then other kinds but I dint find this very full,to me full said thick/volume which I am always looking for...when I run out I normally buy another, but I still am looking for my HG (thick&lush non clumpy,slightly dramatic while still loking natural basically like my sons to die for lashes)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by peachygirl12

It's a normal mascara that looks SUPER natural, no clumping or anything. But it doesn't give that much extra volume or length and it doesn't come off easily so expect to buy some make up remover.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Very easy to use teddy-bear, fat brush. Very good size tube for storage in purse, etc. Great volume and decent length for my very sparse and short lashes. Lasts well on me. (A lot of waterproofs end up coming off on my oily lids.) This layers nicely, esp when I lightly comb in between coats. Good price.

CONS: This will not give enough length for some. Get's pretty clumpy when trying to layer. The formula is quite different from the regular version.

APPLICATION TIPS: I like to comb this lightly between layers. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler.

ALTERNATES: For lots of volume and good length, I like Jordana's Volumizing Mascara and Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof. My favorite for length/volume is Milani's Runway Lashes (covered by Clarins Double Fix.) The new Manga mascara by L'Oreal is fantastic for length and volume that lasts a long time without smudging; I'm kind of in love with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by emstx

I'm pretty new to mascara as I think they often turn out to be the same formula in different bottles or what have you. However, I love this mascara. It has a very light weight formula, although it does not feel like you're not wearing mascara, it's just lighter and my lashes feel more flexible than with other mascaras.

As for the waterproof claim, I'm going to go ahead and say that's false. I mean, it won't run if you have a few drops of water on you, but you cannot take a shower and expect it not to run and give you raccoon eyes. Despite this, I feel that it's still very versatile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

First and foremost, this mascara is only seven bucks! And itís carried in most drugstores nationwide. This gem may not be in a pretty hot pink tube, with girly neon colors, it may not have vibrating brushes or fancy flashing lights, however this mascara is SOLID... and I do not leave the house without a tube in my aersenol (I have 4 tubes total).

Full ĎN Soft Waterproof also does all of the things I want a mascara to do ó adding length and separation to my lashes while holding a curl, so that I look wide awake (even when Iím not).

Full ĎN Soft doesnít flake, smudge or run, I dont get bumps or clumps... just smooth, evenly coated lashes, which means I get control over how my lashes look. This is a must with mascara... you should always be in control and be able to minipulate the product you are working with, this is the beauty of makeup.

Another thing I really like about this mascara is how well it layers. When I want them to look natural, like for the beach, I just apply one or two layers for that feathery, separated look. Or when Iím craving something more dramatic, Iíll do three or four. With this being said, no matter how many layers, how much drama, or where I am and what I am doing- this mascara stays put and looks beautiful all day long.

My results with this mascara are consistently great, which is why I always have a tube of it with me. If you have not tried this, I urge you to do so. This mascara gives the look of a high end product with a drug store price. What more could you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by MeganW1793

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has slowly become one of my go to mascaras. I've tried multiple other drug store brands and they have all smudged, clumped, or flaked on me and they wouldn't hold a curl very well at all. This is the best drug store find I have come across in a while. It doesn't clump or get flakey on me, and the waterproof formula works wonders in my case. (Yes, I've cried multiple times while wearing this, no smudges or lines) It's not super voluminous, but it is easily build-able without clumping. It does add length as well though my lashes are decently long naturally so that wasn't a big deal for me. It dries pretty quickly which is great since it holds a curl pretty much all day. This mascara is a great everyday mascara that can be layered easily for a more dramatic night out look if needed. I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Great natural looking waterproof mascara. Good for if you're going to get sweaty or get in the water.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by arclightlux

I love this mascara as I find it's a great match for straight stubborn lashes like the ones I have. The waterproof version sets quickly and thus locks in a curl very well. It's not a very volumizing formula, but it's a good daily mascara for school or work that doesn't scream "I work at MAC!" (no offense) but still gives fuller lashes. Minus one lippie because the waterproof version smudged slightly on me and it was still a b to remove -_- However, that was after a nearly 10 hour day walking around campus and it wasn't to the point of raccoon eyes, just some grey shadow under my bottom lashes. I don't expect makeup to last perfectly and not budge no matter what so it's not a huge deal to me. Even though it's harder to remove, the non waterproof version doesn't hold a curl as well, so on days when I feel I'll have more time for makeup removal I stick with this waterproof version.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isn't the best mascara I've ever used but good for the price and I'd pick it up again in a pinch. I bought it to tide me over until I can reorder my usual Lights Camera Splashes. It gives a nice soft fringe that's great for casual everyday wear but it took three coats for me to be satisfied with it. The brush is a little too soft and feels like it has a hard time grabbing my lashes. I wish the bristles were a bit firmer but this is a nice cheap option for casual looks and does hold a curl longer than my usual mascara. I can't comment on how this holds up in the water yet but I live in a warm humid climate so buy I WP to avoid smudging. I've had no issues with that so far. Not for someone looking for dramatic lashes for sure but for $5 it's good for everyday.