Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

3.5

Water Purified, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

on 3/14/2010 11:11:00 AM

Finally an eye cream which literally does what it says its going to do!! Although i'm only in my twenties i have really dry skin, especially around my eyes which meant that when i put on any concealer it just highlighted the dry patches- very unattractive! I've tried a couple of eye creams before (dermalogica and liz earle) but couldn't see any visible results from them, in some cases they actually made the dryness worse..... in comes the amazing bobbi brown :) Her hydrating eye cream works a treat, i put the tiniest amount on in the morning before my corrector and concealer and it instantly hydrates and smoothes out the skin leaving it beautifully soft and primed ready for my make up. I know it's kinda expensive considering you only get a diddy pot but since you only need to use a really small amount it really is money well spent!!

on 2/23/2010 8:16:00 AM

I have been using this product for a few days, and I really love the texture of this cream and how it goes on very smoothly. It also gives a nice base for your corrector/concealer.

That being said, it is still too expensive product for what it does. I can get the same, or better results, by applying a cheaper moisturizer and just a tiny bit of silicone oil on top.

Also, it contains antioxidants (vitamin C and E), yet it comes in a transparent glass jar, so it must be kept in the dark.

on 2/14/2010 8:39:00 PM

As a girl "blessed" with tremendous under eye circles, I am always on the look out for help in coverage. I don't know what's in this eye cream but it makes concealer last for longer than any other cream (eye and face) I've tried. So despite not being a big believer in specific eye creams, I will continue to buy this one - anything to keep my concealer in place for longer than a few hours! It costs an arm and a leg, but a jar lasts me for about 10 months, so good value for money, particularly as it stops me from wasting money on other creams. For reference, my current HG is BB corrector in Bisque, with a teeny tiny amount of Kevyn Aucoin SS Enhancer in SX3 - its awesome. With this cream, no need to touch up for 8 hrs plus.

on 1/9/2010 2:20:00 PM

I have used Bobbi Brown Hydrating face cream and am now on my second jar, it is a great moisturising cream for winter and so I had high expectations of the hydrating eye cream. However, upon application I felt an immediate stinging and my eyes became bloodshot and watery. The next morning in all fairness to the product the under eye area felt very smooth but upon application the eye area does become irritated and this is not something I can tolerate from a product despite the end results.

on 12/11/2009 4:31:00 PM

I purchased this product after trying some sample sachets. I love this cream as it is exactly what it says on the jar - a hydrating cream - and it makes the application of concealer and foundation under the eye area much easier and less crepey. No fancy scientific names or ridiculous claims.

I have tried many eye creams over the years and I still have dark circles, fine lines and my lids aren't as firm as they used to be so now I am starting to think that the most you can hope for from an eye cream is that it will keep your eye area hydrated - and this does exactly that.

I have only recently converted to Bobbi Brown skincare after being a BB cosmetic fan for quite some time and I love the range. Beautifully simple. Will definitely be trying the new Eye Repair Cream.

on 12/4/2009 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Another HG product for me (my other is the Hydrating Face Cream).

In my long quest to find product that didn't brurn/sting my skin or make it feel like an oil slick I can accross this little eye cream and gave it a whirl.

It's the perfect cream if you are looking for a lite eye cream that has a touch of built-in primer and to add a little moisture to your eye area. I use it year round, every mornign and some nights (when I remember to moisturise). It really make a huge differnece to have it on when I am patting on some concealer or foundation. The fndtn seems to blend much better and melt into the area and not be as noticeable. Also, the fine lines seems to be less noticeable. I personally thick it's because of that primer aspect to it, as opposed to it actyually reducing wrinkles. At night, I adds that extra barrier to my skin to keep it moisturized and help it fend off ageing (not reverse).

This is not a cream if you are in dire need of extra moisture. Pssst! Bobbi has finally come out with a Eye Repair Cream that is just that. :)
Nor do I think this is a de-puffer or will help with dark circles (I had this problem and finally got filler for my TTs).

on 11/22/2009 12:50:00 PM

I bought this product about a year ago based on the good reviews on Makeupalley but I have barely used it. I was initially pleased by the fact that it doesn't sting the under eye area but when I use it straight after cleansing it starts to sting and I don't have the time in the morning to wait around before I apply it. It doesnt do anything for under eye circles and does not do anything to prevent the signs of ageing. It's not as creamy as I would expect an eye cream to be and just slides on and doesn't feel comforting. It has not done much to 'improve' the under eye area merely just moisturises 'a bit'. I won't be repurchasing.

on 11/22/2009 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I gave this a try - it is completely ineffective - it does not live up to its claims, and does have a bit of a sting - unacceptable for around the eyes. Origins Eye Doctor is far better than this product - I used it for years, and I think that I am reaping the benefits now. I'll go back to slathering Creme de la mer all over my face - and in my eyes - no sting, and benefits galore.

on 11/22/2009 12:34:00 PM

I'm shocked by all the bad reviews on here! I heart this product! It's a little bit pricey for a small tub but I've had mine for about 6 months and I think I've still got about another month left before I need to buy a new one. It was sold to me by the MUA as a moisturiser/primer and I'm very impressed by its use as the latter. My skin around the eye area is quite dry and when I use this my concealer stays put all day (I work in a steamy kitchen and spend half of my day running around, I can be a little sweaty by the end of a shift so this is quite an accomplishment). The packaging is quite simple but it's nice and easy to get into the product. Maybe there are better products out there but until I find one I'll be sticking with this.

on 11/15/2009 9:33:00 PM

For such a spendy eye cream I expected way more. It did make my undereye area feel soft and smooth but didn't absorb well. It also burned like the dickens every time I tried it--maybe the witch hazel? Back it went....