July 28, 2014 | 1027 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Eye Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by lily_vert

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave this a try - it is completely ineffective - it does not live up to its claims, and does have a bit of a sting - unacceptable for around the eyes. Origins Eye Doctor is far better than this product - I used it for years, and I think that I am reaping the benefits now. I'll go back to slathering Creme de la mer all over my face - and in my eyes - no sting, and benefits galore.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by weelaura

I'm shocked by all the bad reviews on here! I heart this product! It's a little bit pricey for a small tub but I've had mine for about 6 months and I think I've still got about another month left before I need to buy a new one. It was sold to me by the MUA as a moisturiser/primer and I'm very impressed by its use as the latter. My skin around the eye area is quite dry and when I use this my concealer stays put all day (I work in a steamy kitchen and spend half of my day running around, I can be a little sweaty by the end of a shift so this is quite an accomplishment). The packaging is quite simple but it's nice and easy to get into the product. Maybe there are better products out there but until I find one I'll be sticking with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by ellajoan

For such a spendy eye cream I expected way more. It did make my undereye area feel soft and smooth but didn't absorb well. It also burned like the dickens every time I tried it--maybe the witch hazel? Back it went....

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Michellekins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This was the worst eye cream I have ever tried. Completely allergic to it. My eyes puffed up red, and my inner eye got bloodshot. This happened every time I went to put it on. I left it a couple of weeks... same thing happened yesterday. I'm throwing it in the trash. What a waste of money!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by jrichardson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm afraid I have to give this one the thumbs down. I wanted to like it--because I'd heard good things--but I just have to disagree with the raves. The biggest problem for me was stinging all around my eye area after application. It would subside fairly quickly, but it's not a sensation I want with eye cream. Second, I don't think the packaging is any good -- ie you have to dip your finger into the jar. Third, this did not work well before applying makeup. My concealer didn't go on smoothly and I got a sort of clumping of it shortly after I put it on (and it's a goodie -- By Terry). All in all, a real disappointment for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for the past few weeks since the skin in my eye area felt dehydrated and I already have all the depuff, rid lines blah blah blah creams... I just want good moisture around my eyes to lessen the effects of life and daily environmental stress.

I love this cream. It does what I want and no more.. and my skin is looking better every day with use. Too, I know that once I stop using it, I will have drier skin so I will repurchase.

I find the price a bit high so I won't give a 5 lipper... but I would repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by eqing

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this with the corrector/concealer kit thing with the powder. The kit is really great, this was given to me to serve as a base for that. Initially I thought it was doing a great job, and was a little greasy. I am not too demanding of an eye cream. One day I forgot it. I noticed no diffrerence in the staying power of my concealer, or the hydration of my skin. I tried using it one day, not using it the next and ultimately this just had zero effect for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by pocky

I've gone through 2 jars of this stuff already so yes, I like it. That said, it's a very basic eye cream. Of course that's what I want. I don't believe in miracle eye creams. I just want a simple fragrance-free hydrating cream without any crazy stuff. This eye cream delivers...if you're looking for a simple eye cream. This eye cream does not claim to depuff, dewrinkle, or erase dark circles. It's purely meant for hydration, which is really the only thing you should expect from an eye cream. You want a tighter eye area? Get surgery. Anyway, this cream doesn't sting or irritate my eyes or sting my skin the way some eye creams do. I'm talking to you, Clinique.

What I love most about Bobbi Brown's eye cream is that it's super rich and hydrating yet absorbs well and spreads easily. Some super rich eye creams are more like balms than creams and therefore don't spread very well. Since it's so rich and can cause my eye makeup to slip, I use this eye cream on my undereyes only during the day (it works beautifully under concealer) and all over my eyes at night. DDF Nourishing Eye Cream works better for me under eye makeup but it's not quite rich enough for my undereye area. My favorite concealers are a bit drying so I need a super rich eye cream. I'm not old but I'm also not 21 anymore so a well hydrated eye area is very important.

What I absolutely do not like about Bobbi Brown facial treatment products is the horrible glass jar. Can it be anymore inconvenient and unhygeinic? On top of that, the glass jar is also not very well designed so when I'm low on product, I have to dig around in the bottom and sides. In the evening, I use a cotton swab to apply eye cream and in the day I use a clean concealer brush to pick up enough cream for my undereyes. I'm trying to find something to depot the cream so that I can keep it clean and convenient to use.

This eye cream is also very expensive but I will keep repurchasing until and if I find something better. It's a shame about the stupid glass pot though. I'm taking off a lippie for that.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by hyperj00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for two weeks. It looks nice, especially under my bobbi brown concealer. Unfortunately, all my eyeliners--including Aqua Eyes (waterproof) MUF and Urban Decay 24/7--smudge by 10am when used in combination with this product. Ask for samples and use them before you buy.

Update: I'm knocking a lippie off of this because after trying other eye creams, I realize how bad this stuff is. It doesn't absorb into the skin and I still manage to have dry spots. I thought the problem was my skin, but other eye creams don't cause my concealer to cake on dry spots. Biore See the Future and Philosophy Hope eye creams are both better than this stuff.

I will say that wearing this is better than wearing nothing. So there's that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by sharonkumar

This product is very emollient. If you have oily eyelids,skip this or your eye makeup will slide right off your eyelids.Not pretty. For those who have dry skin on their eyelids(like me),this hydrates wonderfully.But you know, I have found alot of steals from drugstore brands that work as good or better than this eye cream so I will not be repurchasing because even though this eye cream hydrates my eyes well,it doesn't do anything more or target any other eye problems like blurring out darkness(it isnt possible to completely get rid of dark circles)etc so for the price,it's ridiculous to get for a basic eye cream. The jar packaging also compromises the stability of the ingredients in it. So that sucks.