July 26, 2014 | 983 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Vixen

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by ahryb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I re-visited this product recently now that the dark/vampy/edgy nail color look is really in vogue. I'm sure I bought and tried this back in the 90s but I don't recall what I thought at that time. This time around, I really like this color! It is a glossy blood red/cherry-black color and is red enough to keep my fair skin from looking ashy. It is not quite as dark as it should be to be "vampy" but that keeps it from looking TOO gothic or trendy. Instead, it looks sophisticated and dramatic on short nails and is even appropriate for work IMO. I painted my fingernails (one coat and a top coat, went on smoothly) and the next day, I already got a comment from someone about how great my "manicure" looked and how my nails looked "great." The person even noticed a second ring I added to my wedding band. This polish is easy to find and very reasonably priced. The only problem I had was that it chipped so easily (day 1) although almost all polishes chip on my fingernails (minus one lippie). I think Revlon should do this color in the Colorstay polish which seems to last longer. I will keep this in my arsenal for a dramatic dark polish that is actually wearable. I think for toenails it would be absolutely perfect in fall/winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 5:54:00 AM More reviews by smae420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG toe nail polish! I don't know how many bottles i have used of this, too many to count! Its *the ultimate* vampy red. I always apply 2 to 3 coats for maximum effect, then finish off with a super glossy topcoat. It has some good lasting power! I love it and will continue to buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 2:31:00 AM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted an alternative to the black nail polish so I went for this, which is a dark burgundy color. I really like this with a shiny top coat. I will probably buy this again unless I am over the dark nail color phase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2007 7:43:00 PM More reviews by DDP1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed with this one. I thought for sure I was going to love it! I like dark colors, but I didn't think this particular shade was anything special. This is supposedly very similar to the original Chanel Vamp, but I remember that one being much prettier. I'm thinking that Vixen might look better on someone with a warmer skintone because on me it's just very blah. I also thought the formula wasn't that good. I know Revlon makes some good nail polishes, but I found Vixen harder to apply than some other polishes and it bubbled (even though I tried to apply thin coats and waited until the first coat was dry before the second application).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by greyline

As said before, a vampy blackened red. Very hot, very chic. I like this look on toes year round. Revlon is top quality stuff, a lot like OPI (and better in many cases). I like the color Raven Red as a good alternative to this one, only it's a simple dark red, kinda 1940s.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2006 1:59:00 PM More reviews by DCMALJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice color, but nothing special, IMO. Very similar to Essie Wicked and all the other vampy reds out there. That said, the quality and application was great, and the price and availability are too. I might re-purchase if I didn't already have other similar shades I like a tiny bit better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 2:42:00 AM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had this forever and the swatch on my ring finger has really impressed me and I thought I'd review until I can do a full manicure.

The Color

A lovely deep reddish berry plum. Goes on really smoothly with one coat and appears blue-red-plum. Two coats and its vampyness will have been revealed.

The Application

Do not fear if the application streaks on you with dark spots here and there and lighter spots everywhere else on the first coat. The second coat will even up the score and this will dry to a lovely smooth application. The brush with Revlon is fine but I find their polishes to be a little difficult to lay down exactly where I want them. Really, a ridge filling basecoat is the thing to do to get the job done.

This looks so hot on my barely medium length squared ring finger. I think this color is in style in a big way. It flatters my skin tones ok and I cannot wait to try this all over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2006 4:31:00 PM More reviews by ErCar

Out of all the nail-polishes I own (maybe about 20) this is by far my favorite. I find that Revlon makes excellent, excellent nail-polishes that last as long, if not longer on me than OPI, Essie, etc and this color is to die for. If you like dark colors, you definitely should search this one out. It's a burgundy, wine-like color that's just stunning. I've had it on for 5 days and I only have the smallest chip in one nail. Affordable too and apparently it's a knock-off of Chanel Vamp which i'm certain cost about 3 times as much!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2006 1:03:00 AM More reviews by pinkpeonie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very sexy, this colour is one of my favourites. Much better than the Chanel one ( and much cheaper) this is a gorgeous red/black, the ultimate vamp shade. It looks amazing with my ppp skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 2:29:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dramatic, deep and sexy. I have a friend who buys Chanel Vamp for like $20 a bottle which I think is obscene. This is even prettier, IMO, and it goes on sale, too.