September 1, 2014 | 2089 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked up this foundation at Rite-Aid when they were having a sale a couple weeks ago. My shade is "Sand". It matches my skin perfectly and is a full coverage foundation in my opinion, just not too heavy like most full coverage foundations. The coverage can be controlled easily for light/ full coverage to full/ dramatic full coverage. A few months ago I was experiencing some problems with my skin. I was breaking out on my cheeks and I was getting some small bumps on my skin. After taking some vitamins and taking an antibiotic, my skin has healed up great. I wanted to switch foundations too and thought this one would be a great start. So far I have been pleased as it looks smooth and more natural and lasts long as well. I work late at night and sometimes don't have the time to reapply as often as I would like to. I also got a powder from Almay I will do an additional review for that helps set this foundation for all day/ night wear. My blush also does not appear "cakey" on top, like so many other foundations seem to do when I layer my make-up. The consistency is kind of thick but not oily or greasy. It dries nicely after a few minutes and with the powder to set.
The foundation is dispensed from a pump in a glass jar. Something I am not a huge fan of because I travel a lot and don't want to drop it on a hard floor and watch it break. I do appreciate this being in glass though, as plastic probably is not the best to keep foundation in.
This is a very great quality foundation at a lovely price. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

-One of the very few liquid foundations I have used a whole bottle and repurchased. My HG foundation for now.

-I'm not buying the "blemish healing" claim at all. Whatever makes those "blemishes heal" besides the salicylic acid Almay may want to make more concentrated. (maybe just my experience, didn't help me heal)

-The finish feels and looks natural, which is what I go for. Normally does not feel heavy, unless I use too much foundation or use extra that day. I sometimes mix the foundation with a bit of moisturizer. A little extra on trouble spots works well as concealer.

-I have pale, Irish skin with pink and rose undertones. Sometimes I have redness from acne. The foundation does a very good job of creating a more even look that hides most of the redness. I use shade 200 "Buff" that seems to suit my skin tone very nicely.

-I do not feel that this foundation causes me any additional acne which is why I actually just repurchased more maybe a week or so ago.

-Set with powder, the foundation lasts a reasonable amount of time.( about 3-5 hours without any primer)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was using Neutrogena foundation, but I wanted to try something new. This Almay foundation seemed thicker and I figured that meant better coverage. Well, the coverage was better and it also lasted longer. BUT this makeup also broke my skin out. My skin is fairly oily and breaks out fairly easy, so I have to be careful with makeup. Obviousily, this works for others, but it did not work for me. I would have given it a 5 if it didn't break me out so bad. I stopped using it 2 months ago and my skin still hasn't fully recovered.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by YCR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very, very oily skin and get a few break outs every now and then, and this foundation works quite great covering those annoying blemishes. The consistency is quite thick. I would say that the coverage is medium to full and the finish is matte. I think it does a nice job controlling my oily skin, since whenever I use this I notice that I don't find myself having to blot that often. The color looks on your skin just as it does on the bottle, and one of the things I LOVE the most about it is that it has a pump. I would definitely buy again and also would recommend unless you're sensitive to salicylic acid, which is the active ingredient on this foundation, containing a 0.6% of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm a highly acne prone, yellow toned, light/meduim gal with a fair amount of scarring (both dark marks and pock marks). After going through a slew of drugstore foundations, none of which were completely right (they would either break me out, or did not match my skin tone) I finally decided to try Almay's Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup in the pump tube. First off, I like that shade "Buff" Matched me very nicely. It had just the right amount of yellowish peach undertones for my skin. Most were too peachy, orange or pink. I like that Almay's doesn't oxidize to a different color. It stays true to the color it is in the bottle and applied. It's a rather thick foundation, but not so that I can't blend it. You do need to blend quick though, or else it will dry. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin, but it's not as thin as a tinted moisturizer or bb cream. It's a matte finish, however it is a tad moist feeling on the skin, but nothing a little powder can't fix if you don't like the dewy moist feel. I would say on a scale from 1 to 5, this foundation's coverage is about a 4. There is still a tiny bit of dark scarring that shows through on my face after applied, due to only applying one layer of foundation, but another bit applied on the blemishes covers them very well. This foundation completely covers redness, blotchy discoloration, pimples and pock mark scars, and is very buildable without looking cakey. There is no offensive smell with this foundation, and has not caused any breakouts. Since I have been using this I haven't had a large breakout. A few little tiny ones here and there, but I haven't had any of the large breakouts that I normally experience. The night I purchased this I was having major breakouts on my chin (2 large painful pimples) and one major pimple on my cheek and I went into the bathroom and applied this all over, and put extra on the pimples, and low and behold a few hours later they were already starting to dry up. I was very impressed. That alone colored my rating for this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by HappyMiniDonuts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a very hard time finding a foundation that matches my skin since I have yellow undertones and I'm a little bit on the tan side. Most foundations look orange or pink on me so I was surprised when this foundation matched me pretty well. The coverage is medium, some of my darker acne scars still show through but with a concealer it does the job. It claims to help and clear blemishes which l didn't find but in the end it is a foundation and I didn't expect it to. The packaging is pretty good since it has a pump so it's sanitary and easy to control.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love that this is in a pump, however I got the shade 'Natural' and it has a tad too much yellow in it for me. Def noticable, I need to go down a shade or find it with a neutral undertone. The wear was fine, I put powder over it and it's great, doesnt settle into lines. I also use a primer by Rimmel under it and I apply this with a foundation brush by Eco Tools.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Anna014

I found this product to be nothing more than average. The packaging was poor (open top screw on cap) which proved to be quite messy since the foundation was a little runny. I also ended up purchasing the wrong colour since the its an open top and the tester in the store had oxidised. Considering it is a foundation meant for blemishes, i found the coverage to be a bit sheer and if you build it up it tends to look cakey. I'd say it has a very unnatural finish with average lasting power, however it did not get oily even without a finishing powder and neither did it break me out. All in all I'd say it is a very average foundation, not something I'd recommend to somebody with blemishes or acne and not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by kaitsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using L'oreal Infallible makeup pretty regularly for about a year. I switch to something lighter in the summertime but find nothing else gives real full coverage like infallible. Revlon colour stay was always too mask-like. I decided to try this as I used to use Almay TLC foundation when I was a teenager and I have pretty bad jawline acne and that's the only reason I need such heavy coverage from Infallible. Anyway, I find it does help my skin rather than hurt it - At the end of the day red pimples have faded and some "under the skin" pimples were brought to a head and then dry up quickly. The coverage isn't as full as Infallible which is taking some getting used to but I hope as my skin clears up I won't rely on the full coverage as much. I found my forehead got a bit shiny although my nose & cheeks didn't, which they usually do, so perhaps just didn't set my forehead well enough. I definitely use a powder afterwards and do miss the long-lastingness of Infallible but I'm going to stick with it because it doesn't oxidize as badly as Infallible, either. The colour is a PERFECT, seamless match. I'm fair-medium tone and am using "naked". It was about $14.00, cheaper than Almay's TLC and very cheaper than Infallible (CAN $$$).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by youngpunkk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought my bottle of this foundation at Big Lots for cheap, though I can't remember how much I paid. I've switched between a few foundations in my collection, so this bottle has lasted me about a year, and I always seemed to go back to this one.

Good coverage, fragrance free, non-irritating, doesn't feel slick or greasy on my skin, doesn't feel heavy on my face, gives me a dewy finish which I'm a fan of, and it's buildable, which makes covering spots without needing a concealer a definite possibility.

I would repurchase for sure if I could ensure that it would be the same formula as the bottle I just ran out of, but since I'm reading some reviews saying it was altered a bit, I'm not so sure. But I'd definitely hunt your Big Lots stores to see if they have any more bottles of the original formula.